Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Luny421:

So you're the reason it was OOS by the time I saw the email
View Quote
Sorry. I jumped on it when I saw it in my inbox at like 6 am in the morning.

I figured someone else here would snag it if I didn't.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:13:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#4]
Addressed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:19:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#5]
Originally Posted By AndrewKing:
My brother in Christ what do you mean what is going on… lol
View Quote

i just work in a shop, i cant even imagine how F'ing busy you are. good problem to have.

ill add this:
suppressor chats with customers took maybe 10-15% of my time on shift, pre-expedited indiv approvals (on average, best guesstimate). now i spend easily 25-35% of my shift talking to first timers who would never otherwise buy this stuff. lots of questions about the process; some of them "want to start on paperwork now and order a suppressor later".

if they do trusts next it'll be every crazier.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My brother in Christ what do you mean what is going on… lol
View Quote

lol totally agree. Some of us are making suppressors as fast as we can...but form 4s are getting approved faster than form 3s to our dealers...and as crazy as it may sound we are STILL having supply chain issues post Covid. Which in my opinion is absurd, in WWII we built tanks, planes, ships, and the 100 acre factories to build that stuff using primitive technologies. But shut things down for a few months and here we are 4 years later and things are still all f'd up with far advanced technology.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

i just work in a shop, i cant even imagine how F'ing busy you are. good problem to have.

ill add this:
suppressor chats with customers took maybe 10-15% of my time on shift, pre-expedited indiv approvals (on average, best guesstimate). now i spend easily 25-35% of my shift talking to first timers who would never otherwise buy this stuff. lots of questions about the process; some of them "want to start on paperwork now and order a suppressor later".

if they do trusts next it'll be every crazier.
View Quote

It’s a mad house right now man. We’re working a full shift during the day and then a half shift at night.
Work 8-5
Go home 5-8:30
Back to work by 9
Work 9-12

I feel like I’ve been in a fight at the end of every day lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]

That's a retread/burner account that is <30 days old and averages 10 posts/day.

Go ahead and please do the needful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By prebans:

@AugustineBolishbatfe

"Everyone" who bought a Dead Air product has had it fall apart?

Can you cite specific incidents where people were blinded, killed, and/or maimed by Dead Air failures?

If not, this is how you end up on the wrong end of a subpoena in a libel lawsuit.  It's also how this board gets dragged into the legal drama you created and brought onto yourself with your post.

It's currently 7 PM CST on March 27, 2024.  I'll give you until 11:59 PM CST on March 28, 2024 to either (1) post full and complete evidence proving both of your claims OR (2) edit your post to make it 100% accurate and truthful.

That's a retread/burner account that is <30 days old and averages 10 posts/day.

Go ahead and please do the needful.

Yeah, I noticed that within the first 5 or so posts from that account.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I was planning on getting a Hybrid 46M or a Omega 36M

This could be on my subguns.  Or get an omega 9K.

I have:
2x Sico Specwar K 556 (sico)
1x Turbo K with dead air mount
1x dead air sandman s
1x sandman K
1x Sico Hybrid with ASR mount
1x standard surefire ryder 9
Gemtech G5 (still have two guns with G5 qiuckmounts permattached
Gemtech HVT-QD....sending to ECCO for recore and standard mount for .308 guns.

Any suggestyions?  I am also saving for Thermal.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Xerith:

Depends. My OCL polonium was two weeks. And I didn’t make the first backorder batch SS received. From what I understand the back order list is growing with each day. You have a choice, get in line now or hopefully find what you want locally or through notification/hourly browsing on CA and be fast with the keyboard.
View Quote

The OCL polonium 556 was actually the one I wanted. I found it at another place and paid a little more than SS, and it was in stock. I'll have to pay the transfer fee but I got to thinking this backorder thing might last for a while and I might be waiting all year.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:

The OCL polonium 556 was actually the one I wanted. I found it at another place and paid a little more than SS, and it was in stock. I'll have to pay the transfer fee but I got to thinking this backorder thing might last for a while and I might be waiting all year.
View Quote

We’re keeping up with the back order semi decent, just can’t get them to the point of being in stock no matter how hard we try.

Back order list goes to 300
We send 290
Back order list goes back up to 250
We send 250
Back order list goes back up to 400
We send 350

So we’re pretty consistently shipping back orders just can’t quite make it over the edge to have them stocked. Sadly I anticipate that will be… quite some time at this rate
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By aftac:
I was planning on getting a Hybrid 46M or a Omega 36M

This could be on my subguns.  Or get an omega 9K.

I have:
2x Sico Specwar K 556 (sico)
1x Turbo K with dead air mount
1x dead air sandman s
1x sandman K
1x Sico Hybrid with ASR mount
1x standard surefire ryder 9
Gemtech G5 (still have two guns with G5 qiuckmounts permattached
Gemtech HVT-QD....sending to ECCO for recore and standard mount for .308 guns.

Any suggestyions?  I am also saving for Thermal.

View Quote

If I already had a non-modular Hybrid-46 then I’d probably get the modular 36M for your subguns if that’s attractive to you and price isn’t an issue.  Weight on a subgun doesn’t require the lighter Omega 9k and the 36M gets almost as short and is more versatile. The only rub is the 36M is limited to Charlie mounts (Ecco has a Charlie to Bravo adapter but that adds cost , length, and weight).   Other 9mm bravo threaded but rifle capable bravo threaded cans might be YHM R9 and N20, Rex MG7, EA Sonus, Rugged Alaskan.

Buying what’s in stock and available during the current suppressor rush might be the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
Buying what’s in stock and available during the current suppressor rush might be the deciding factor.
View Quote

the salesman in me loves this because i can sell expensive stuff to people who wouldnt otherwise buy a 1k+ suppressor. they're so desperate to get something in the pipeline, its like FOMO, but with guns. its so odd. Ive sold a couple of RC3s this way because people dont want to wait for RC2s.

just keep in mind whoever is reading this, once you get that stamp, its yours for life. ive had to flat out tell a couple of people recently nothing i have in stock is a good fit for their needs and they still try to buy something from me.

i suggest waiting and getting exactly what you want. first timers have waited their ENTIRE life to buy a suppressor, now all of a sudden its defcon-level-fuckin-12 to buy what's in stock? crazy times dude.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#14]

We’re keeping up with the back order semi decent, just can’t get them to the point of being in stock no matter how hard we try.

We send 290
We send 250
We send 350

So we’re pretty consistently shipping back orders just can’t quite make it over the edge to have them stocked. Sadly I anticipate that will be… quite some time at this rate
View Quote

Are you a rep for OCL?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Are you a rep for OCL?
View All Quotes

We send 290
We send 250
We send 350

Are you a rep for OCL?

pretty sure he is the hmfic over there ;)
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Are you a rep for OCL?
View Quote

No, I’m andrew
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:
Fast approvals have people deciding now is the time to buy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Are you a rep for OCL?
View All Quotes

We send 290
We send 250
We send 350

Are you a rep for OCL?

The owner, lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#19]
CA looks to have gotten more inventory today. I see the OCL Polonium, DA Nomads, etc
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]

No, I’m andrew
View Quote

Lol, someone cued me in. I'm so anxious to try your can. I had no intention of getting a 556 can, was going to run 308 cans instead. Was reading around and came across the Polonium. Great reviews sold me. And all this backorder stuff doesn't help. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Are you a rep for OCL?
View Quote

link to "OCL" website, never heard of them want to check them out
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Lol, someone cued me in. I'm so anxious to try your can. I had no intention of getting a 556 can, was going to run 308 cans instead. Was reading around and came across the Polonium. Great reviews sold me. And all this backorder stuff doesn't help. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I’m not here on OCL business, this is just my personal account that’s why my name is the user name. I do my best to not mention it at all unless someone asks because I’m just here because I like guns and suppressors like everyone else. If you want to chat feel free to email me
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DMG-LDS:

link to "OCL" website, never heard of them want to check them out
View Quote

https://ottercreeklabs.com
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#24]
For those of you "in the business" and still dealing with supply chain issues, do you think the fiasco in the harbor in Maryland is going to make things worse?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top