Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone used the Botetech suppressor cleaner to compare this to?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone noticed if this affects anodizing.   I have a q erector,  im always looking to make cleaning it easier
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
Has anyone noticed if this affects anodizing.   I have a q erector,  im always looking to make cleaning it easier
View Quote

See the OP
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered 32oz from amazon (CE Showroom seller - likely a drop ship...or a quart of water). Looking for something to tackle my Mask. We all need more real-life reviews posted so thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. Will know more in a week or so...
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Use this to clean my Occulus with 500-600 fired through it. Disassembled and let the baffles and tube soak submerged overnight. All the carbon loosen and was easily removed, no negative affects on the outside appearance of the tube.

Nice stuff to use, no odor, I used gloves but still got some on my skin, no issue. It’s seems like it has a soap quality to it, you get bubbles like it’s a soap. Hard to explain but once you use it you’ll see.

It worked so good I cleaned some glock barrels with it, carbon wipes right off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:26:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#6]
Does anyone have a recommendation for something that is actually good to plug the muzzle  end of a sealed suppressor for use with this? Obviously something that won't be melted by the solvent.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:
Does anyone have a recommendation for something that is actually good to plug the muzzle  end of a sealed suppressor for use with this? Obviously something that won't be melted by the solvent.
View Quote

Something like this should work.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep looking it up on Amazon, but keep backing out cause it seems expensive
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Keep looking it up on Amazon, but keep backing out cause it seems expensive
View Quote

Same here. What's the best place to get this stuff?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Scheels.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:55:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erik_O] [#11]
Another boring positive report. Cleaned my Obsidian45 with unknown round count (less than a 1k more than 500 whoops, forgot all the 9mm I shot thru it. Easy 1k maybe 1.5k). Couldn't pry the baffles apart using the hex key technique. Soaked everything for 24 hours, carbon sloughed off of exposed surfaces. Was able to get all the baffles disassembled, most just wiped clean. Got the tri-lug adapter out and sprayed it; almost all the carbon just wiped off.  Sprayed down the body and let it sit. Put all the baffles back in the used solution for a final soak and I'm confident they will wipe clean tomorrow. This is really good stuff and thanks OP for bringing it to my attention.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#12]
Originally Posted By Erik_O:
Another boring positive report. Cleaned my Obsidian45 with unknown round count (less than a 1k more than 500 whoops, forgot all the 9mm I shot thru it. Easy 1k maybe 1.5k). Couldn't pry the baffles apart using the hex key technique. Soaked everything for 24 hours, carbon sloughed off of exposed surfaces. Was able to get all the baffles disassembled, most just wiped clean. Got the tri-lug adapter out and sprayed it; almost all the carbon just wiped off.  Sprayed down the body and let it sit. Put all the baffles back in the used solution for a final soak and I'm confident they will wipe clean tomorrow. This is really good stuff and thanks OP for bringing it to my attention.
View Quote

Speaking of tri-lugs…

My OLD aac evolution 9 is used on a machinegun and pretty much not cleaned, so it’s dirty.  The piston started sticking, but the adapter no longer disassembles and it was rocksett to the suppressor awhile ago.  If I try to unscrew the 3-lug adapter apart to service it (even with a strap wrench and collet holder in a lathe) it pulls the whole rear can mount blast chamber section off the registered tube (it’s supposed to be a sealed can, FYI, LOL) so this is problematic.

I soaked the whole 3-lug and blast chamber assembly in the solution and was able to break free the piston and it now spring-locks on the 3-lug barrel again no problem. In the future, I’m probably just never going to remove the suppressor from the machinegun again.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I used it to clean a sparrow and a mask and was very happy with the results. Definitely the easiest method I have used.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

Speaking of tri-lugs

My OLD aac evolution 9 is used on a machinegun and pretty much not cleaned, so it's dirty.  The piston started sticking, but the adapter no longer disassembles and it was rocksett to the suppressor awhile ago.  If I try to unscrew the 3-lug adapter apart to service it (even with a strap wrench and collet holder in a lathe) it pulls the whole rear can mount blast chamber section off the registered tube (it's supposed to be a sealed can, FYI, LOL) so this is problematic.

I soaked the whole 3-lug and blast chamber assembly in the solution and was able to break free the piston and it now spring-locks on the 3-lug barrel again no problem. In the future, I'm probably just never going to remove the suppressor from the machinegun again.
View Quote
@Millennial  So you're saying this stuff dissolved the Rocksett?

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:28:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#15]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Speaking of tri-lugs

My OLD aac evolution 9 is used on a machinegun and pretty much not cleaned, so it's dirty.  The piston started sticking, but the adapter no longer disassembles and it was rocksett to the suppressor awhile ago.  If I try to unscrew the 3-lug adapter apart to service it (even with a strap wrench and collet holder in a lathe) it pulls the whole rear can mount blast chamber section off the registered tube (it's supposed to be a sealed can, FYI, LOL) so this is problematic.

I soaked the whole 3-lug and blast chamber assembly in the solution and was able to break free the piston and it now spring-locks on the 3-lug barrel again no problem. In the future, I'm probably just never going to remove the suppressor from the machinegun again.

LOL, no... I wish.  My 3-lug adapter is still thoroughly stuck together AND stuck rocksetted to the "blast chamber assembly" of the suppressor.  Once I had all those steel parts off the aluminum-bodied suppressor tube (the blast chamber assembly is not supposed to be removable) I tried heat and better leverage methods to no avail. Tried soaking in water, boiling water, everything. No luck.  So I dropped the whole stuck mess into the breakthrough suppressor cleaner overnight and it dissolved the fouling from the inside the 3-lug piston assembly so it at least functions.  But it didn't loosen the 3-lug adapter itself or the rocksett to the blast chamber.  So I just screwed the blast chamber back into the tube with some loctite and called it good.

If you've ever seen a clogged up 3-lug piston, they're ether stuck on the gun until you disassemble the adapter assembly to clean them out (so the piston can move) or you take the 3-lug can off the gun and the spring piston doesn't articulate so the next time you go to put it on the gun it isn't retained and just kind of twists and rattles.  The pistons need to be able to travel within the adapter to capture the lugs and keep their spring pressure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#16]

LOL, no... I wish.  My 3-lug adapter is still thoroughly stuck together AND stuck rocksetted to the "blast chamber assembly" of the suppressor.  Once I had all those steel parts off the aluminum-bodied suppressor tube (the blast chamber assembly is not supposed to be removable) I tried heat and better leverage methods to no avail. Tried soaking in water, boiling water, everything. No luck.  So I dropped the whole stuck mess into the breakthrough suppressor cleaner overnight and it dissolved the fouling from the inside the 3-lug piston assembly so it at least functions.  But it didn't loosen the 3-lug adapter itself or the rocksett to the blast chamber.  So I just screwed the blast chamber back into the tube with some loctite and called it good.

If you've ever seen a clogged up 3-lug piston, they're ether stuck on the gun until you disassemble the adapter assembly to clean them out (so the piston can move) or you take the 3-lug can off the gun and the spring piston doesn't articulate so the next time you go to put it on the gun it isn't retained and just kind of twists and rattles.  The pistons need to be able to travel within the adapter to capture the lugs and keep their spring pressure.
View Quote
Ah. I see. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

A good reminder for the rest of us that 3-lugs do need regular PM. I just had my CGS 3-lug in this stuff and it's like new again.

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of Rocksett stories like this lately. Also a good reminder to go really light with this stuff.

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Another happy customer.  It cleaned my 22 suppressor baffles, tube and end caps amazingly/

I emailed the manufacturer and asked them if it had been tested on brownells alumahyde 2.  They responded, on a weekend.  The response said that they had not tried it so could not say if it would remove the alumahyde or not.

Has anyone who has used this stuff tried cleaning anything painted with alumahyde?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I apologize I have not read the whole thread. Just some of all you guys results.

You just dump this stuff down the drain or in yard/ditch when you’re finished?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:49:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#19]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
I apologize I have not read the whole thread. Just some of all you guys results.

You just dump this stuff down the drain or in yard/ditch when you’re finished?
View Quote

I dump it in my neighbors garden.  I've started a observation journal to quantify any negative effects.  Since they don't know and I didn't dump it in my own garden (as a control) it's basically a blind study.  I will update periodically...
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#20]

I dump it in my neighbors garden.  I've started a observation journal to quantify any negative effects.  Since they don't know and I didn't dump it in my own garden (as a control) it's basically a blind study.  I will update periodically...
View Quote

Maybe it's just because I'm sleep deprived, but this is some funny shit. Nope. Pretty sure it's just funny
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]
i can get this through distro for the 32oz bottle. ARF has cost me money yet again.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

As a study should be conducted!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Excellent. I will pour it in the ditch out front.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#24]

View Quote
Do you want a zombie apocalypse? Because this is how you get a zombie apocalypse.

Make sure to stock up some of this stuff:

https://hornadyarmory.com/product/hornady-zombie-max-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-z-max/

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Bah. I ordered a gallon and got an email that they were canceling my order due to lack of stock.

Now I’ll have to order from somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Bah. I ordered a gallon and got an email that they were canceling my order due to lack of stock.

Now I'll have to order from somewhere else.
View Quote
This stuff got very popular suddenly.

Someone somewhere owes Millennial a commission check.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#27]
This place costs a lot of money, however…

Cleaned two 22 cans and an Octane 45
Very impressed with the results.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Another satisfied customer, stuff works amazingly well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm very curious how well it will do on more mundane objects: Like the bolt itself.
Steel wool sheds tiny hairs as you work it.  Best have some paper underneath as you work it.

I also have a mono core suppressor that I haven't been able to open for several months.  It needs cleaning badly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I got a gallon this weekend- haven’t tried it yet, but I have a .22 can that is pretty dirty
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Now I'll have to order from somewhere else.

They were giving it away at the east coast night shoot.

There was cases available… in hindsight I should have seen if I could have gotten like 3-4 more bottles.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I was notified that rangeusa.com restocked the gallon containers today for a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Lanbos Armory got some 1G jugs  back in stock and I was able to scarf one finally.  $62.50+tax+$10 flat rate shipping.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#34]
my main distro got this stuff back in stock. bought some 32ouncers.

cant wait to use this stuff!
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: airman100] [#35]
Originally Posted By captexas:
Lanbos Armory got some 1G jugs  back in stock and I was able to scarf one finally.  $62.50+tax+$10 flat rate shipping.
View Quote

got the restock email at 10AM, and got one

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow, did not expect that. I got a package of their oils and solvents for free and basically gave it away thinking it was just worth what it cost me. Oops.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone soaked a rifle suppressor with this yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#38]
Originally Posted By DDS87:
Has anyone soaked a rifle suppressor with this yet?
View Quote

I went for it...

Knights Armament QDSS NT4 that has approximately 600 rounds through it. I find that the gate latch and locking collar get a lot of buildup in the channels which contributes to a notchy feel and binding of the mechanisms. Decided to dip the backend and then ultimately submerged the whole thing and couldn't be more thrilled with this product. In the meantime, it made quick work of my internal mounting parts on my Silencerco OMEGA 9K can.

This stuff works great! I paid $30 for the full-size bottle at Sheel's. Will definitely shop around going forward but it was nice to grab it locally and right away.

Fully submerged...

After letting it sit for a few hours, I rinsed out the NT4 in hot water at our dump sink (yes, KAC instructions say to do this). Then shook it out and dried it off really good and then placed in a bag of rice (uncooked of course) overnight to ensure no moisture remained.

Terrible pic, but it's definitely cleaner inside!

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#39]
I got a gallon of the stuff. After a congical visit with my rugged mustang I took the stuff there and put some in a cup and let it soak for 10 mins. 99% of everything came right off with a wipe, just a few small spots remain. Once I get it home for good I will do it again, but it only had like 100 rounds thru it.

The solution now has my 9mm booster soaking in it, now that has hundreds of rounds thru it with out cleaning.

Oh edit to add dribbled a few drops on a case of coke ( accidently ), it took the color out of the cardboard faster than I could wipe it off. What ever is in this is a great solvent.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
I used it to clean a sparrow and a mask and was very happy with the results. Definitely the easiest method I have used.
View Quote

How did it do with the lead build up in the sparrow?  Mine needs to be cleaned.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder how well this stuff would clean a flow-thru can like a huxwrx
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 2:48:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Submerged Mask baffles for about 4 hours tonight. Very effective - would say it cleaned about 98% lead/carbon with only a simple wipe-down. It is worth noting that 4 of the 8 baffles discolored considerably. Would not use on the outer tube or endcaps. Stuff is harsh but likely needed with so much crap that builds up inside a rimfire can. Will use again but after longer runs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Gallon jugs are back in stock at lanbos.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By IndyJoeShmo:
Gallon jugs are back in stock at lanbos.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. Just placed an order.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a YHM Turbo V1 with...gosh it's gotta be 15k rounds or so that I'll be using this on. I'll weigh it before and after. I know it's gained a lot of weight over the years so let's see how it does. I'm not expecting much but only one way to find out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got home from Scheels, got the Mod9 soaking now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Good review and looks promising, picking some up this week and will try it on my Warlock 22 can.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#48]
After using this in a soaking method, can you re-use the solution or is it a one time use deal and start fresh each time?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Burnsome-:
After using this in a soaking method, can you re-use the solution or is it a one time use deal and start fresh each time?
View Quote

Try reusing. I use the carb cleaner in a bucket multiple years before replacing. It gets pretty filthy looking, but still works.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bmwmc: Try reusing. I use the carb cleaner in a bucket multiple years before replacing. It gets pretty filthy looking, but still works.
View Quote

I do the same for other chemicals like WD40. As for the filth, when dirty I pour it through a strainer with a coffee filter and it comes out clean, just like new.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top