Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By miker84:

They didn't reach out to me. I saw it here.

View Quote

Dunno, I got an emailed and called to order. I believe some other people here had the same. I’d shoot them an email.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The didn't have the Stamp available until late December. Probably why they didn't reach out to previous orders.

Mine shipped this week and they reached out to me to see if I needed one before they hit the website.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Dunno, I got an emailed and called to order. I believe some other people here had the same. I’d shoot them an email.
View Quote

I ordered one online when I saw it here. Not complaining because i still got one.

Also noticed they wrote "needs a stamp mount" on my packing list. I really think they made that note, but sent me the note rather than keeping it lol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By miker84:

I ordered one online when I saw it here. Not complaining because i still got one.

Also noticed they wrote "needs a stamp mount" on my packing list. I really think they made that note, but sent me the note rather than keeping it lol.
View Quote

If you were called by me- I put it on the form we kept as well.  When we finished up the first batch of STAMPs- I sent the email to folks I knew were Resto clients. Should have more in the next 2-3 weeks.  Waiting on a part to come back from coating then assembly.  This next batch should take care of everyone that needs one.

-New AAC guy
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could have my gen 1 ranger updated. I never use it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Just out of curiosity, any chance an old SPR/M4 can be converted?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
You have to send them a picture of the inside from the back end.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Do the 51T latch replacements still cost $75.00 and what's the turn around time?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#9]
I wonder if the Ecco Bravo Plan A adapter will work on the AAC Ranger series? The Griffin Plan A version doesn't work because of the lip in front of the threads. This Ecco version doesn't look like it has that lip, unless I'm mistaken.

*I know the Griffin Plan A Long version works, just looking to see if there is a more compact option.

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my 556SD converted by ECCO to 1 3/8"-24, Does anyone know if AAC can still upgrade it?
I will probably send it in if so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ar556223:
I had my 556SD converted by ECCO to 1 3/8"-24, Does anyone know if AAC can still upgrade it?
View Quote

I'm almost positive they can. Send them an email. They're very responsive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Yes atleast they did mine which had an ECCO hub conversion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar556223] [#13]
Just read the thread - looks like it is a go!

So...just making sure I understand...."HUB" = 1 3/8x24 threads for mounting systems?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]

So...just making sure I understand...."HUB" = 1 3/8x24 threads for mounting systems?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Yes
View Quote

Yes, but not all Hub will fit the AAC Ranger. Any Hub with a lip above the threads may be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

Yes, but not all Hub will fit the AAC Ranger. Any Hub with a lip above the threads may be an issue.
View Quote

Q plan B would be out as it has a lip? Rearden MFG should be ok because they do not?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]
This may be a stupid question but I'm asking anyway. Since AAC is rebuilding the can could they slightly over bore my 556 can to a size that would allow its use on a 6mm gun? They will already bore it to 6mm whats a touch more? I'd love to be able to use it on my 6ARC. I have a another can I'll be swapping from 6ARC to 6 Creed. This would eliminate swapping back and forth.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
This may be a stupid question but I'm asking anyway. Since AAC is rebuilding the can could they slightly over bore my 556 can to a size that would allow its use on a 6mm gun? They will already bore it to 6mm whats a touch more? I'd love to be able to use it on my 6ARC. I have a another can I'll be swapping from 6ARC to 6 Creed. This would eliminate swapping back and forth.
View Quote

I thought I've read elsewhere that a suppressor's caliber can't be changed after the stamp has been approved and issued.

That might just be internet/gun store counter bullshit though, so I'd like to see what AAC says and/or what some searching of FATF FAQs produces.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RazorTXN:

Q plan B would be out as it has a lip? Rearden MFG should be ok because they do not?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RazorTXN:

I don't have either, but based on pictures of the mount, the Q would not work. The Rearden would.

Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I thought I've read elsewhere that a suppressor's caliber can't be changed after the stamp has been approved and issued.

That might just be internet/gun store counter bullshit though, so I'd like to see what AAC says and/or what some searching of FATF FAQs produces.

I called AAC about turning my 762SDN into an Ranger 5 and they said the ATF would not allow it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:31:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ar556223] [#21]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

To truly be Bravo/HUB compatible, the female threads need to be fully cut to a minimum depth of .5" from the rear face with a bore ahead of the threads not smaller than 1.32" to a minimum depth of .65" from the rear face (and tool nose radius needs to be accounted for with that depth)

If those minimum dimensions are not created, some mounts & adapters will not work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

To truly be Bravo/HUB compatible, the female threads need to be fully cut to a minimum depth of .5" from the rear face with a bore ahead of the threads not smaller than 1.32" to a minimum depth of .65" from the rear face (and tool nose radius needs to be accounted for with that depth)

If those minimum dimensions are not created, some mounts & adapters will not work.

I just want to use YHM mounts (not the new one SRX?) with their flush (Kurtz?) can adapter.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought I saw in one of the interviews, the new AAC guy said the Ranger 5 does come slightly over-bored and can be used on 6mm... might be worth it to call them and ask.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:
I thought I saw in one of the interviews, the new AAC guy said the Ranger 5 does come slightly over-bored and can be used on 6mm... might be worth it to call them and ask.
View Quote
It is over bored to 6mm but just to allow for a little free bore. I thinks it's nuts on 6mm so no go with actual 6mm projectiles. I have a KGM R6 (actual 6mm suppressor) and the end cap mics at .3030" the end cap on my M41K mics at .2999 Small difference. I don't care if they leave the caliber designation.556" I won't tell anyone. All that said, I'm sure there are some baffle design issues that would prevent it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:34:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#24]
View Quote

Yes they could. There is no atf definition or industry standard for overbore baffles per caliber
Tell them you have a sloppy host and want to be safe

Will they do it? Probably not
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:57:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#25]
It is over bored to 6mm but just to allow for a little free bore. I thinks it's nuts on 6mm so no go with actual 6mm projectiles. I have a KGM R6 (actual 6mm suppressor) and the end cap mics at .3030" the end cap on my M41K mics at .2999 Small difference. I don't care if they leave the caliber designation.556" I won't tell anyone. All that said, I'm sure there are some baffle design issues that would prevent it.
View Quote

I don't know about the M41k, but this is the interview I was thinking of regarding the Ranger 5; skip to about 20:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvsgHhZ46s

He does say it's over-bored to 6mm, but sounds like it is centered around super short barrel applications... he doesn't say you can shoot 6mm bullets through it, so I think you're right... disregard.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#26]
STAMP mounts back in stock on AAC’s website.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#27]
So I’m ready to pull the trigger on turning my 762SD into a ranger 7 or ranger 7 mini.  If it goes well I’ll have my 762-SDN-6 converted too.

What’s the turnaround time? When this mod is done, does the new silencer come with that basic fixed thread/brake adapter thing? Or does the can just come with bare hub threads and no adapter at all.

I know if I want to keep using 51T I have to buy a STAMP adapter thing… but I think I’ll just go direct thread and call it a day.  I don’t swap my 762SD/762SDN6 cans onto other rifles anyways.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine came with a direct thread brake
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
What’s the turnaround time? When this mod is done, does the new silencer come with that basic fixed thread/brake adapter thing? Or does the can just come with bare hub threads and no adapter at all.
View Quote

It's Hub compatible (mostly) and comes with a direct thread adapter. Mine shipped in 3-4 weeks after sending it in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#30]

It's Hub compatible (mostly) and comes with a direct thread adapter. Mine shipped in 3-4 weeks after sending it in.
View All Quotes

Same. Came back to me in 4ish weeks with a 5/8x24 direct thread mount installed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Anybody get one converted to a Ranger 7 Mini?  How does it sound on short .300BLK supers and 16" .308?

I'm going to start with sending in the 762SD first and part of me wants to go big or go home and turn that long boi into a the Ranger 7 Mini.  Because a mini-can on a Tavor 7 bullpup or 8" .300BLK would be sweet.  Then again, another part of me doesn't want to end up with a small can that it nearly worthless.

Like... I have a Turbo K mini can. It's not "that quiet", especially on a 10.3/11.5" SBR.  But it's effective enough that I could use it for defense even indoors if needed for a mag or two without too much worry and it's small/light enough that it doesn't hurt the handling of small SBRs. And in that regard it's awesome.  I'm afraid of a similarly small .30 can just plain sucking enough though to the extent that the size/weight can't redeem it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Anybody get one converted to a Ranger 7 Mini?  How does it sound on short .300BLK supers and 16" .308?

I'm going to start with sending in the 762SD first and part of me wants to go big or go home and turn that long boi into a the Ranger 7 Mini.  Because a mini-can on a Tavor 7 bullpup or 8" .300BLK would be sweet.  Then again, another part of me doesn't want to end up with a small can that it nearly worthless.

Like... I have a Turbo K mini can. It's not "that quiet", especially on a 10.3/11.5" SBR.  But it's effective enough that I could use it for defense even indoors if needed for a mag or two without too much worry and it's small/light enough that it doesn't hurt the handling of small SBRs. And in that regard it's awesome.  I'm afraid of a similarly small .30 can just plain sucking enough though to the extent that the size/weight can't redeem it.
View Quote

Can't tell you, but @JSGlock34 might. He had an SDN-6 turned into a 7 Mini and I'm buying it from him
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#33]
I have no experience with .30 cal mini cans, but on 300blk, you can always just shorten the barrel length and not lose too much performance:  I have a V7 6.5" 300blk, and with the regular Ranger 7, it is about the same OAL as an 11.5" AR with no can.  It sounds really close to a 9" 300blk with the same can, and only gives up about 75fps (with supers of course)
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I had a mini 7 done and used it on my 9” 300 BLk with both supers and subs. I was pleasantly surprised, it sounded just fine.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I had my 762SDN6 converted to Ranger 5 length which is shorter than Ranger 7 length but longer than Ranger 7 Mini.  I find it a great compromise, your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Can't tell you, but @JSGlock34 might. He had an SDN-6 turned into a 7 Mini and I'm buying it from him
View Quote

So I don't have a .300 anymore; I had planned to use the Ranger 7 Mini with my 5.56mm guns.  It didn't take me very long to determine the Ranger 7 Mini just isn't a good match for 5.56mm, and I ultimately decided I didn't want to go back down the .300 rabbit hole again.  Hence why it is on its way to towerofpower94!

The Ranger 7 Mini didn't perform particularly well with 5.56mm at the Silencer Summit - which conforms with my personal observations.

I'm quite happy with the full size Ranger 5 though.  I suspect the Ranger 7 Mini will perform much better with the cartridge it is designed for.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JSGlock34:

So I don't have a .300 anymore; I had planned to use the Ranger 7 Mini with my 5.56mm guns.  It didn't take me very long to determine the Ranger 7 Mini just isn't a good match for 5.56mm, and I ultimately decided I didn't want to go back down the .300 rabbit hole again.  Hence why it is on its way to towerofpower94!

The Ranger 7 Mini didn't perform particularly well with 5.56mm at the Silencer Summit - which conforms with my personal observations.

I'm quite happy with the full size Ranger 5 though.  I suspect the Ranger 7 Mini will perform much better with the cartridge it is designed for.

View Quote

Yeah I noticed it’s not awesome for 5.56 but thats something you would expect to be the case. But it works great for 300 BLK
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Yeah I noticed it’s not awesome for 5.56 but thats something you would expect to be the case. But it works great for 300 BLK
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSGlock34:

Glad to hear. I was planning to make it my dedicated 300BO can I only shoot subs at this point, so a full size can seems like overkill when I'm only trying to quiet down ~11grs of powder in a 9" barreled AAC upper.

If it can serve as a debarker on a short 5.56, then that's icing on top, but I never expected some radical reduction in sound on a short 5.56 from a short .30cal can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Glad to hear. I was planning to make it my dedicated 300BO can I only shoot subs at this point, so a full size can seems like overkill when I'm only trying to quiet down ~11grs of powder in a 9" barreled AAC upper.

If it can serve as a debarker on a short 5.56, then that's icing on top, but I never expected some radical reduction in sound on a short 5.56 from a short .30cal can.
View Quote

I’m also using the AAC 9” upper with the original 51T and the Stamp mount. I’m happy with its performance. Have plenty of 5.56 cans for 5.56 purposes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#41]

I’m also using the AAC 9” upper with the original 51T and the Stamp mount. I’m happy with its performance. Have plenty of 5.56 cans for 5.56 purposes.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info on your experience with the same can/host I’ll be using. Looking forward to the tyranny stamp arriving so I can pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KSPeacekeeper:

I had my 762SDN6 converted to Ranger 5 length which is shorter than Ranger 7 length but longer than Ranger 7 Mini.  I find it a great compromise, your mileage may vary.
View All Quotes

@KSPeacekeeper  Using the AAC restoration program?  Did you just put in the comments “Ranger 5 Length Please”?

Seems like a great option.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#43]
@KSPeacekeeper  Using the AAC restoration program?  Did you just put in the comments “Ranger 5 Length Please”?

View All Quotes

Yes resto and yes specified Ranger 5 length.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes resto and yes specified Ranger 5 length.
View Quote

I think this is the smart play...

I'll have my first 762 AAC can done at Ranger5 length and if the Ranger5 length is quiet enough that I think it could stand to lose another 1/2", I'll have my second 762 AAC can done at mini length. If the the suppression is not up to my liking then I'll have my second AAC can done at Ranger7 length.  Either way, a Ranger5 + Mini7 or a Ranger5 + Ranger7 represent notable length and weight reductions for the pair of suppressors compared to my current 762SD/SDN6.

762-SD   8.75"/27.0oz  (w/51T mount)
762SDN6  7.66"/23.9oz  (w/51T mount)
RANGER7  6.75"/20.2oz  (w/ DT adapter)
RANGER5  5.83"/18.2oz  (w/ DT adapter)
R7 MINI   5.38"/13.8oz  (w/ DT adapter)
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#45]
AAC said they could redo the suppressor again if you don't like for a small fee. So if you get a Mini 7 and aren't happy with it, you can send it back in again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#46]
AAC said they could redo the suppressor again if you don't like for a small fee. So if you get a Mini 7 and aren't happy with it, you can send it back in again.
View Quote

How small of a fee... because the first fee isn't so small.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Unfortunately, I never asked. I got my resto during the Black Friday offer and was told that if I didn't like the Mini 7, I could send it back and get it redone. I'm sure AAC will let you know the cost if you email them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Unfortunately, I never asked. I got my resto during the Black Friday offer and was told that if I didn't like the Mini 7, I could send it back and get it redone. I'm sure AAC will let you know the cost if you email them.
View All Quotes

That’s good to know. Even if it’s another $700 it’s better than just letting a can sit due to not liking it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, my 762-SD made it to AAC for the conversion.  I specified Ranger 5 Length (5.8"). Coincidently, 5.8" is the same length as a Polonium-30... I wonder if it will be similar.  

If it sounds good on my Tavor 7 I might leave it on there and send my SDN6 off for the full mini treatment to put on the 8" .300BLK HD rifle.  

If the Ranger 5/7 thing just sounds too underwhelming on the Tavor 7, I'll either have my SDN6 converted to HUB by ECCO or converted to full Ranger 7 spec by AAC for the Tavor and put the Ranger 5/7 thing on the .300BLK.

Guess I'll fin d out in a couple weeks.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone know if the ECCO Machine plan B mounts will work on a ranger conversion? Looking at their photos of the mount it is hard to tell if there is a small lip after the threads or not.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top