Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report, DVCNick!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My SDN6 came back

Attachment Attached File

(No use for the direct thread mount so I put the only spare HUB mount I had on it)

I expect this to be loud just based on its size (only about an inch longer than the Fat Cat.

Attachment Attached File

The other can pictured is my YHM Phantom ULT which is an awesome can and the one I use the most.

Really looking forward to seeing how it does on a subsonic 300BLK SBR.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine back with the direct thread for 308. Pretty fast. No wrench but had a R-30 that fit the back. No idea how to remove the front if needed.
Yes - as with DA - the ASR does not fit.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Will either wait until the STAMP comes back in stock or look at getting a DA and cutting it. I want to use this SDN for my 5.56 SBRs along with the AAC 5.56 can scheduled for refit once the parts are in stock. ASRs are for the 308 platform and something else for 5.56.

Did not see any anti-seize on the threads.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came back yesterday, they quoted 3-5 weeks and it was barely a week and a half.  Underpromise and overdeliver!

Popped the direct mount off using a socket wrench.  No anti-seize, though I put some copper-flavor anti-seize when I put the stamp mount on.  I don’t expect to ever want to change it and I’m sure it’ll carbon-weld itself shut but at least I can pretend to have the option.

The work is nicely done, my can wasn’t very high mileage (compared to my Halo which I have abused and melted all sorts of things to) but it looks brand new now.  I didn’t take any measurements so I just have a hand-wavy feels good, maybe a bit longer opinion right now.

Hopefully I can get it to the range this weekend, I was considering a trip on Saturday if I can get away from family long enough.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Mine came back yesterday, they quoted 3-5 weeks and it was barely a week and a half.  Underpromise and overdeliver!
Popped the direct mount off using a socket wrench.  No anti-seize, though I put some copper-flavor anti-seize when I put the stamp mount on. I don’t expect to ever want to change it and I’m sure it’ll carbon-weld itself shut but at least I can pretend to have the option.
The work is nicely done, my can wasn’t very high mileage (compared to my Halo which I have abused and melted all sorts of things to) but it looks brand new now.  I didn’t take any measurements so I just have a hand-wavy feels good, maybe a bit longer opinion right now.
Hopefully I can get it to the range this weekend, I was considering a trip on Saturday if I can get away from family long enough.
View Quote

How did you get a STAMP mount?

I wanted to get one for my 7.62 SDN-6 which I received back last week. But the tech said AAC won’t have STAMP mounts available for another month.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
does the direct-thread brake-cap that the Ranger 7 and Ranger 7 Mini rebuilds ship with allow for indexing on the muzzle?
View Quote

There is an internal shoulder, it looks square, and there is internal thread relief. I don’t have anything with long threads to try it on, but it looks like it will index on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

I wanted to get one for my 7.62 SDN-6 which I received back last week. But the tech said AAC won’t have STAMP mounts available for another month.
View Quote

They've been on the market for some time, just out of stock for some time. I believe the mount was developed before AAC was purchased.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
My 762SDN-6 arrived there yesterday. Looking forward to the upgrade as it will be nice to have this can refreshed. Really hoping that the STAMP mount becomes available by the time they ship it back to me. Otherwise, I will have to wait for those to become available before I can try it out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#9]
When I spoke to AAC last week  - they said the STAMP mount parts were out for refinishing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like the XENO mount can fit on these cans. It has a shorter threaded area than SICO or Keymo.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JohnGA:
Looks like the XENO mount can fit on these cans. It has a shorter threaded area than SICO or Keymo.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnGA:

Link?

And pics, please

Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks to have a shorter sleeve after the threading. When I add up 2x mounts and 2x flash hiders - cheaper to buy the STAMP mount on sale.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe the new AAC cans are using the same internal HUB mount architecture as CGS, which incorporates a tapered surface in front of the threads for secure mounting and sealing with similarly taper equipped accessories. Depending on which side of the tolerances the two parts fall on, there is a possibility the Xeno will just barely run into the taper before the flange with the tool features on the Xeno mount seats against the rear of the AAC can mount. To get a Xeno to fit without question, it would probably be necessary to zing off the short unthreaded skirt.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Xeno fits. I’ve run one my ranger 5 and ranger 7 without any modifications.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

They've been on the market for some time, just out of stock for some time. I believe the mount was developed before AAC was purchased.
View All Quotes

I purchased one back in mid-October when there were some available.  Been sitting on it so I’d be ready when/if I did the conversion.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I know people have had issues with the Plan B and some ASR hub mounts on the Ranger 5 because of the extended lip. Has anyone tried one of those mounts on a Ranger 7 or 7 Mini?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I know people have had issues with the Plan B and some ASR hub mounts on the Ranger 5 because of the extended lip. Has anyone tried one of those mounts on a Ranger 7 or 7 Mini?
View Quote

No difference in threads or interior lip/raised area on either ranger 5 or ranger 7.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Are they doing any upgrade work on the Ti-Rants, and if so what are they offering?

I have full size 9mm and .45 cans from them, and while probably not feasible, it would be great to have them re-configured to the modular style, where you could take off the front section if desired to make for a shorter can.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KSPeacekeeper:

No difference in threads or interior lip/raised area on either ranger 5 or ranger 7.
View Quote

Damn. I think I’ll pick up another YHM SRX adapter and try that. It should fit and I already have 2 cans in hand or pending that use that system.

Still want a stamp mount so I can use on my existing 51Ts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:50:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#21]

Damn. I think I’ll pick up another YHM SRX adapter and try that. It should fit and I already have 2 cans in hand or pending that use that system.

View All Quotes

Ordered a YHM Kurz mount last week. Should be here today, gonna try it on my Ranger 5 since I already have YHM’s original muzzle brakes on most of my stuff.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Ordered a YHM Kurz mount last week. Should be here today, gonna try it on my Ranger 5 since I already have YHM’s original muzzle brakes on most of my stuff.
View Quote

I love the phantom mounts but the SRX looks pretty good as well. The limited testing I’ve done with mine has had no issues.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know if once the “modernization” is done - are the 5.56 and 7.62 cans rated ok at 8” for the 5.56 and 13” for the 7.62x51 rounds?

It used to be 10.5” on the 5.56. Don’t recall about the 7.62SDN.

I have a Bren2 - 8” I am pondering about.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Stamp mounts are coming available again for those who were on the Restomod program. They emailed me today and I called and ordered one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#25]
First batch of STAMP mounts are back in stock per AAC. Those with mods already are getting first pick.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the report, DVCNick!
View Quote

No problem; a few more comments after shooting it briefly today, 60 125gr supers and 30 220gr subs through the same 9" BCM, zeroing a red dot and shooting all the way outside this time (I still need to revisit and fine-tune ideas about zero shift with good ammo):

I'd like to think I don't have rosy glasses on, but admit it is possible since this was a somewhat expensive upgrade... but that said, if anything, I think it may also be quieter than before, at least to the ear for this left handed shooter.  I shot a few supers without ears for science, and there was near negligible noticeable ear ringing for me.  I guess I'd say just the slightest hint of ear ringing after ~15rds, but I believe it was more before.  I believe the Dual-lok mount could also play some role here as it seals better at the taper vs. the 51T, but I doubt it is a huge factor as I don't remember the 51T letting gas all the way out the back.  But it did get into the coarse threading a lot more than it is with the Dual-lok.

Subs:  Shot the whole mag pretty fast without ears.  No ringing at all.  Before, I had been slightly disappointed in the experience as the shooter shooting subs (vs. what I had come to expect reading on the internet beforehand) since there was still some of what I figured was port pop, and ripping off a string of rounds would still result in some slight ear ringing even if there was no supersonic crack/it was a lot quieter downrange.  I don't think that is really present anymore based on early returns.

How fast is the gun getting dirty:  Before, the "BCM" logo on the carrier of this gun was gunked over in no time shooting with the SDN-6 on.  After 243rds suppressed and ~60 unsuppressed starting from a clean gun, I can still see the "BC" which I don't believe would have ever been the case before... how's that for scientific analysis?

So... weight:  Huge win.  backpressure:  gas in the face is barely noticeable even as a lefty... huge win.  Sound:  Subjective, I'm not able to shoot them side by side obviously... all disclaimers apply, but I feel like this is a win too.

In fact the only negative I can think of right now that may apply, is if you have an upper that could need extra backpressure from the can, you may be in trouble.  My 6.5" V7 upper will be up next, and I can tell you it barely cycles subs without a can, and that is when it's white-glove clean and lubed... I noticed that when initially shooting subs through it unsuppressed to verify bullet stability.  We'll see how it runs with this can on it.

But overall, so far I'm very pleased.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Mini 7 is shipping next week. That was a really quick turnaround. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town later next week for a hunting trip, so I won't have a chance to compare it against a full size 762-SDN6 and an Omega 300 for a while.

Depo on how it goes, I may do another Mini 7 or go with a full size Ranger 7.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I took my Mini 7 out today on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR using the Phantom mount and adapter. It's pretty loud, which was expected based on a short .30 can on a SBR 5.56 (the Silencer Summit data also supports that), but also has quite the impressive flash.

Once the SRX adapter gets here I'll try it out with 300 BLK which I expect to be much more appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
Mini 7 is shipping next week. That was a really quick turnaround. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town later next week for a hunting trip, so I won't have a chance to compare it against a full size 762-SDN6 and an Omega 300 for a while.

Depo on how it goes, I may do another Mini 7 or go with a full size Ranger 7.
View Quote

Interested to hear how your Mini 7 vs OEM SDN-6 test goes. It m now on the hunt for a stupid cheap M4/2000 or SDN-6 in VA for a low price, ‘quick’ Form 4, and a trip back to the new AAC for the mini treatment to go along with my SDN-6 to R7 restomod.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSGlock34] [#30]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:31:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RazorTXN] [#31]
I had my SDN6 and M4-2000 converted to the hub by Echo. If I wanted to send these in to AAC and have them converted to the Mini versions would that be doable? Anyone do this yet?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:06:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KSPeacekeeper] [#32]
Yes AAC can work with their cans that ECCO has modified
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RazorTXN:
I had my SDN6 and M4-2000 converted to the hub by Echo. If I wanted to send these in to AAC and have them converted to the Mini versions would that be doable? Anyone do this yet?
View Quote

Yes, this is very doable.

-New AAC guy
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I got my Stamp mount from AAC yesterday and it’s now mounted. Way tighter lockup than the old 51T.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I got my Stamp mount from AAC yesterday and it’s now mounted. Way tighter lockup than the old 51T.
View Quote

Good to hear, because I had been using hi-temp O-rings to keep the can locked tight on the 51t FH. But those eventually wear after so many rounds.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Torozmaster1:

Yes, this is very doable.

-New AAC guy
View Quote

Awesome, I may just do this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my 51t stamp. The modded can started out as an old 762SD that felt a foot long, so it didn't get much use. It's now about 1/4 " longer than the sdn6 and a couple of ounces lighter. As others have said, the new 51t stamp has a much tighter lockup. Hope to shoot it this weekend. Mainly use it on 223 so I don't expect miracles in the sound department, just wanted it to be shorter and more usable than when it was long. Even more tempted to send the sdn6 for the mini treatment,

Some pics compared to my sdn6:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KSPeacekeeper] [#38]
For me personally the resto 7 mod to the Ranger 5 length is the bees knees. This will provide more suppression than mini 7, but still be short enough to be very handy. This is after spending time with both conversions (ranger 7 with ranger 7 length and ranger 7 with ranger 5 length).  I have not run the mini 7 however.  If running direct thread probably doesn’t matter, but I was/am running other hub mounts that add more length than direct thread and really liked the ranger 5 length.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#39]
For me personally the resto 7 mod to the Ranger 5 length is the bees knees. This will provide more suppression than mini 7, but still be short enough to be very handy. This is after spending time with both conversions (ranger 7 with ranger 7 length and ranger 7 with ranger 5 length). If running direct thread probably doesn’t matter, but I was/am running other hub mounts that add more length than direct thread.
View Quote

Is that a third option? Ranger 7, Mini 7 and the Ranger 7 with Ranger 5 length? Do you have specs on the last option?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:14:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#40]
New AAC Mini 7 made from old SDN6 mounted on old AAC upper.

Stamp mount works great, but I’m also going to use the YHM sRX mounts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

Is that a third option? Ranger 7, Mini 7 and the Ranger 7 with Ranger 5 length? Do you have specs on the last option?
View Quote

Ranger 7 to Ranger 5 length

Weight and length without a mount
Length 5.696”
Weight 12.1 ounces
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone have the Ranger 7, R7 Mini, and R7 at R5 specs for length and weight in one spot? Would be interesting to see them in a chart, with and without the STAMP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
Does anyone have the Ranger 7, R7 Mini, and R7 at R5 specs for length and weight in one spot? Would be interesting to see them in a chart, with and without the STAMP.
View Quote

Add in KSPeacekeeper's info from above.

762-SDN-6
Weight: 20.0 oz
Length: 7.66″

Converted to:

Ranger 7
Weight: 17.2 oz.
Length: 6.75" With Direct Thread Mount

Or

Ranger 7 Mini
Weight: 12.08 oz
Length: 5" With Direct Thread Mount
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I weighed my full size Ranger 7 conversion straight out of the box with zero rounds on it:

15.8oz w/ supplied direct thread adapter installed
13.4oz w/no adapter installed

I'm going to start tracking this one and my Surefire Mini2 about every 500rds to see exactly how fast they are gaining weight... early returns say fast.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone done an SDN to a full size Ranger 7?  I see only minis!
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
Anyone done an SDN to a full size Ranger 7?  I see only minis!
View Quote

That’s what I did with my very used SDN-6. I’m a fan of the conversion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

They had them in stock? None in stock when my can was back to them mid Dec.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By VLODPG:

View Quote

Yep, they had them on their website the other day.  Luckily I was able to grab one before they sold out.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By VLODPG:

View Quote

They’ve been reaching out to people who did the restomod.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:16:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: miker84] [#50]

They’ve been reaching out to people who did the restomod.
View Quote

They didn't reach out to me. I saw it here.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top