Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
All I want for Xmas…is a lighter (and possibly 1” shorter) AAC Cyclone via a new core upgrade program…but I’m told it simply isn’t possible due to the thin tube on the original…

Curious if anyone else has found a solution to the can’s weight…

Dh
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSGlock34:
If you're a SDN-6 or 762SD owner and are contemplating the restoration program...now's the time.

advancedarmamentco
Since it’s the giving season. Starting now til Monday 11/27 at 11:59pm, for 30 caliber only!! Email [email protected] with the code “BFresto” and get 25% off the regular price of a restomod! This is for 30 calibers only!

View Quote

For 175$ off, I guess I could have waited a month

Worth it guys.  It is going to be a 6oz weight savings in the can+adapter, and 7oz total weight reduction in the system for me, plus lower back pressure, plus future proofing... I'd jump on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:43:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#3]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:

Worth it guys.  It is going to be a 6oz weight savings in the can+adapter, and 7oz total weight reduction in the system for me, plus lower back pressure, plus future proofing... I'd jump on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
If you're a SDN-6 or 762SD owner and are contemplating the restoration program...now's the time.

advancedarmamentco
Since it’s the giving season. Starting now til Monday 11/27 at 11:59pm, for 30 caliber only!! Email [email protected] with the code “BFresto” and get 25% off the regular price of a restomod! This is for 30 calibers only!

No joke. If I’d waited I’d be jumping all over his now. Sent that post to a few guys I know with SDN-6 cans who haven’t done the conversion yet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dan_h:
All I want for Xmas…is a lighter (and possibly 1” shorter) AAC Cyclone via a new core upgrade program…but I’m told it simply isn’t possible due to the thin tube on the original…

Curious if anyone else has found a solution to the can’s weight…

Dh
View Quote

Really! Damn I wanted to send in my boat anchor cyclone for an upgrade.

AAC if you’re listening can’t you do something. Stuff a ranger 7 core in it and convert to hub?
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m very tempted to send in my SDN6 for a Mini 7 conversion now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
I’m very tempted to send in my SDN6 for a Mini 7 conversion now.
View Quote

Don’t be tempted. Do it!
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Don’t be tempted. Do it!
View Quote

I don’t actually have any issues with either the 51T system or the suppressor itself; I just don’t use it as much as the YHM Phantom ULT or the Resonator because it’s noticeably heavier and more unwieldy. If I get it done it’ll probably continue to live on the 51T hosts with the proper adapter.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]

advancedarmamentco

View Quote

Just found this thread and as an owner of a SDN-6 that lives on a LMT MWS I’m kicking it around since it is definitely gassy.  Noticed the STAMP mount is out of stock and that’s what I’d want to use.  Do they make one available when you do the resto or are you left to hunt one down after getting the upgrade done?
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:

Just found this thread and as an owner of a SDN-6 that lives on a LMT MWS I’m kicking it around since it is definitely gassy.  Noticed the STAMP mount is out of stock and that’s what I’d want to use.  Do they make one available when you do the resto or are you left to hunt one down after getting the upgrade done?
View Quote

I saw on IG someone ask and AAC responded saying they’re being made now. I have a 556-SD converted while back and its great. Thinking about sending in my 762-SD while theyre offering this deal.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

They are in production now.  Should have them soon!

-New AAC guy
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#11]
Originally Posted By Torozmaster1:

-New AAC guy
View All Quotes

-New AAC guy

What about purchasing extra adapters? Are they in stock, ready to ship?

https://advanced-armament.com/shop/accessories/adapters/flange-indexing-direct-thread-adapters/

I’ve got an 762-SDN-6 and an M42K and between them they get used on seven different rifles.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

https://advanced-armament.com/shop/accessories/adapters/flange-indexing-direct-thread-adapters/

I’ve got an 762-SDN-6 and an M42K and between them they get used on seven different rifles.
View Quote

We have the direct thread adapters in stock ready to go. 51T are stocked up as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:00:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLOCKshooter] [#13]
With the sale I might just do this, so let me see if I've got this correct.  I have an old SDN-6 and several hosts with 51t mounts. There are 3 options for me:

get the upgrade and a STAMP, which means the upgraded can with the STAMP will be qd with my current mounts, but be the longest and heaviest of the three options;

get the upgrade and the direct thread adapter, which will be lighter, shorter, and cheaper, but will require removal of my 51 t mounts, and I will lose the qd ability; and

just get the upgrade, in which case I have to remove my 51t devices and replace them with some flavor of new "industry standard" muzzle devices, which will be about the same length and weight as the setup with the direct thread adapter, and will have the qd function.

is that about correct?  Or is it possible to just have it direct threaded during the upgrade for the shortest, lightest, least expensive option, but that also means basically a dedicated, leave on one gun all the time can?

Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
With the sale I might just do this, so let me see if I've got this correct.  I have an old SDN-6 and several hosts with 51t mounts. There are 3 options for me:

get the upgrade and a STAMP, which means the upgraded can with the STAMP will be qd with my current mounts, but be the longest and heaviest of the three options;

get the upgrade and the direct thread adapter, which will be lighter, shorter, and cheaper, but will require removal of my 51 t mounts, and I will lose the qd ability; and

just get the upgrade, in which case I have to remove my 51t devices and replace them with some flavor of new "industry standard" muzzle devices, which will be about the same length and weight as the setup with the direct thread adapter, and will have the qd function.

is that about correct?  Or is it possible to just have it direct threaded during the upgrade for the shortest, lightest, least expensive option, but that also means basically a dedicated, leave on one gun all the time can?

View Quote

As someone else considering this, I am interested in the answers to these questions.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

The upgraded 556-sd i have shipped back with the direct thread mount so i assume all upgrades ship back with the direct thread. I had well over 10 or so 51T mounts so it just made more sense to me to get the STAMP and run it as replacing 10 mounts gets expensive quick
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]

We have the direct thread adapters in stock ready to go. 51T are stocked up as well.
View All Quotes

Okay, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 3:16:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#17]
Originally Posted By HOODYJ:
View All Quotes

The upgraded 556-sd i have shipped back with the direct thread mount so i assume all upgrades ship back with the direct thread. I had well over 10 or so 51T mounts so it just made more sense to me to get the STAMP and run it as replacing 10 mounts gets expensive quick

Well, check AAC's website, but the adapters cost about half what the Stamp mounts cost, and you get one "free" adaptor with your modified can when it's returned to you (as I understand it). But AAC isn't offering you any "free" Stamp mount, which cost about $250 a pop, depending on how many you need for attaching on 51t FHs or MBs.

So in my case, to get the benefits of a "short/lighter" suppressed set-up than using Stamp mounts would yield, I'll need at least 4 adapters to install on my 30-cal rifles in order to run my 762-SDN-6  -  that's the "free" one, plus 3 more to buy at $120 a pop.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Well, check AAC's website, but the adapters cost about half what the Stamp mounts cost, and you get one "free" adaptor with your modified can when it's returned to you (as I understand it). But AAC isn't offering you any "free" Stamp mount, which cost about $250 a pop, depending on how many you need for attaching on 51t FHs or MBs.

So in my case, to get the benefits of a "short/lighter" suppressed set-up than using Stamp mounts would yield, I'll need at least 4 adapters to install on my 30-cal rifles in order to run my 762-SDN-6  -  that's the "free" one, plus 3 more to buy at $120 a pop.
View Quote

Why would you need 4 direct thread adapters? Unless you actually plan on keeping the direct thread HUB adapter attached to your rifle and unscrewing the can from that? That would make no sense...
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

If you was gonna do that, my as well by those direct thread mounts now while they’re running 30% off for their black friday sale.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#20]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

Why would you need 4 direct thread adapters? Unless you actually plan on keeping the direct thread HUB adapter attached to your rifle and unscrewing the can from that? That would make no sense...
View Quote

Because four direct thread adapters are cheaper than buying four 51t Stamp mounts to fit on 51t FH or MBs.

Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps I am not understand either...if you have two cans (M4-2K and SDN-6), you only need two STAMP mounts (one for each suppressor).  The cans will then fit all of your existing 51T muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:35:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#22]

View All Quotes

I was in the same boat with a dozen uppers having 51T mounts pinned and welded in place. The recored can and  STAMP were the way to go for reduced blowback.

My recore came with a 5/8x24 direct thread mount in it when it was returned, but I’ve only used the STAMP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Because four direct thread adapters are cheaper than buying four 51t Stamp mounts to fit on 51t FH or MBs.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

So, you have 4 suppressors? Then yea, you’d need 4 mounts.

You only need as many direct thread mounts as you have suppressors since they stay inside the suppressor as you move to different guns.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#24]
How do you like STAMP?

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I’m confused.

If you only have one can you only need one adapter. It doesn’t matter how many 51T muzzle devices you have.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Atlmike:
How do you like STAMP?

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
View Quote

Not sure if you’re asking me, but I’ve had no issues with mine. It has locked up nicely every time and I’ve yet to find the can loose after shooting, same as when I ran the SDN-6 with its internal 51T system.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I sent an email to that address and am waiting back for a response with the discount code.

I'm looking to change my 762-SDN into a Ranger 7. What do I need to tell them to be able to use a Silencerco Bravo mount? I have the ASR flash hider on most of my rifles. The 51T mount is only on some old uppers and want to use just one standard.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The Black Friday deal hooked me so I’ll be sending my SDN-6 in for the restomod.  Really looking forward to the improved characteristics.

Found the STAMP mount on sale a little while ago so I’m ready on that front too.  Old AAC was so happy to make 51T mounts in weird thread pitches that I haven’t seen any of the other players mess with yet.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
I sent an email to that address and am waiting back for a response with the discount code.

I'm looking to change my 762-SDN into a Ranger 7. What do I need to tell them to be able to use a Silencerco Bravo mount? I have the ASR flash hider on most of my rifles. The 51T mount is only on some old uppers and want to use just one standard.
View Quote

Do you have a link to the exact adapter you want to use?
If it has anything in front of the threads, you will likely need to have it trimmed off to fit in the converted Ranger 7.
My Dual-lok adapter left for ECCO today to get this done.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
The Black Friday deal hooked me so I’ll be sending my SDN-6 in for the restomod.  Really looking forward to the improved characteristics.

Found the STAMP mount on sale a little while ago so I’m ready on that front too.  Old AAC was so happy to make 51T mounts in weird thread pitches that I haven’t seen any of the other players mess with yet.  
View Quote

Dead Air has I think just about everything that AAC used to put out covered - 9/16x24 LH (FAL) and RH, m13x1, 14x1 and 15x1 (LH, though I don't know if the 15x1 is LH as well), 1/2x28 in normal and SCAR flavors, 5/8x24 in normal and SCAR flavors...I think the only thing they're not making is one in the native M1A/M14 threads I think, which AAH used to make apparently.

Of course if you're not into KeyMo then that's probably of no real help to you, and it doesn't look like they're doing near that many thread pitches in Xeno yet...
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#31]
For some reason I was under the impression it was $600 per upgrade.

It is $700 per upgrade less the 25% = $525. Add either a STAMP mount or a Dead Air setup to keep me from accidentally putting a 5.56 on a 308 - not sure if the money works.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#32]
If the only attribute you are interested in is changing the mount, I'm sure ECCO is the cheaper route.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#33]
The attributes I am looking for are lighter and shorter, but I still don't understand the options, so I guess I'll pass.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got my SDN-6 to Ranger 7 conversion back earlier this week. I'm excited to see if the reduced back pressure is a thing as the SDN-6 was def a high back pressure can.
View Quote

How did it come back? IE: Boxed like a new can,disassembly wrenches/end cap tool, etc.......
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#35]
The attributes I am looking for are lighter and shorter, but I still don't understand the options, so I guess I'll pass.
View Quote

It will come back with the weight and length of the current models they are making.

Apparently you can ask for the mini model rather than the regular size, but I didn’t ask as I’m not interested in a mini. That’s the only “option” I’m aware of.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 4:19:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#36]
View All Quotes

762-SDN-6
Weight: 20.0 oz
Length: 7.66″

Converted to:

Ranger 7
Weight: 17.2 oz.
Length: 6.75" With Direct Thread Mount

Or

Ranger 7 Mini
Weight: 12.08 oz
Length: 5" With Direct Thread Mount

They also can finish the upgraded can in a few different colors (FDE, ODG, Gray)

Do you have a link to the exact adapter you want to use?
If it has anything in front of the threads, you will likely need to have it trimmed off to fit in the converted Ranger 7.
My Dual-lok adapter left for ECCO today to get this done.

My plan was to use the Silencerco Bravo mount. Google says that it's the correct thread size.

I'm going to try the Ranger 7 Mini. I already have a Omega 300 and a Omega 36M (currently in jail), so I don't really need a larger suppressor. I know I'll lose some dB with the shorter can, but it will be nice to have it as an option.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By VLODPG:

How did it come back? IE: Boxed like a new can,disassembly wrenches/end cap tool, etc.......
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VLODPG:
I just got my SDN-6 to Ranger 7 conversion back earlier this week. I'm excited to see if the reduced back pressure is a thing as the SDN-6 was def a high back pressure can.

It came back in a box with the new end cap and direct thread adapter installed.

Can't remember if there were wrenches with the new can, or with the STAMP, which I bought separately prior to the restomod.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

That’s how my new Ranger 5 came too. No need for a special tool with their new direct thread mount.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

That’s how my new Ranger 5 came too. No need for a special tool with their new direct thread mount.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I also can't remember if the STAMP came with any specialty tools or I'm just using ones that came with my Saker 556K. I have all my suppressor wrenches and whatnot in a bag near the bench. I also have a bag with my SiCo pistons, Bravo and Charlie direct thread adapters, etc near the bench. As I have many cans from different companies that use the same mount and piston interfaces, I don't need to keep all the accessories and tools segregated for a specific can. I just grab one of the goofy shaped multitool/wrench things and keep trying different cutouts and prongy bits until I find the thing that helps me tighten or loosen the thing I'm trying to tighten or loosen
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#40]

My plan was to use the Silencerco Bravo mount. Google says that it's the correct thread size.

I'm going to try the Ranger 7 Mini. I already have a Omega 300 and a Omega 36M (currently in jail), so I don't really need a larger suppressor. I know I'll lose some dB with the shorter can, but it will be nice to have it as an option.

https://silencerco.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/asr-mount-bravo-optimized.jpg
View Quote

I believe you'll have to have that modified, unless the "Mini" conversion doesn't include the raised taper ring just forward of the threads.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#41]

I believe you'll have to have that modified, unless the "Mini" conversion doesn't include the raised taper ring just forward of the threads.
View Quote

I just saw your thread with the Griffin mount. I sent an email to AAC to see if they can confirm whether or not there is a fit issue with the Silencerco Bravo.

The last thing I want to do is to take a Dremel to it and do a Mickey Mouse job on it. Figures it happens right after I buy some mounts in Silencerco's Black Friday sale.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#42]

I just saw your thread with the Griffin mount. I sent an email to AAC to see if they can confirm whether or not there is a fit issue with the Silencerco Bravo.

The last thing I want to do is to take a Dremel to it and do a Mickey Mouse job on it. Figures it happens right after I buy some mounts in Silencerco's Black Friday sale.
View Quote

I'll post results of mine being done by ECCO... I agree, I could probably find a way to do an OK job, maybe, but for this I want it to be done right the first time.  It is going to be $50 plus shipping both ways, so basically just under the cost of another muzzle device.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#43]

I'll post results of mine being done by ECCO... I agree, I could probably find a way to do an OK job, maybe, but for this I want it to be done right the first time.  It is going to be $50 plus shipping both ways, so basically just under the cost of another muzzle device.
View Quote

Got a reply back from AAC. You have to remove the lip from in front of the threads for the Bravo mount.

I may just wait and see what I want to do. Because I don't want to pay almost the price of a new suppressor on this.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#44]

762-SDN-6
Length: 7.66″

Converted to:

Ranger 7
Length: 6.75" With Direct Thread Mount

Or

Ranger 7 Mini
Weight: 12.08 oz
Length: 5" With Direct Thread Mount

They also can finish the upgraded can in a few different colors (FDE, ODG, Gray)

https://silencerco.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/asr-mount-bravo-optimized.jpg
View Quote

I also just signed up for the Mini-7. It’ll be louder obviously but gives me a nice compact K can that I don’t have. I have a phantom and a resonator that work great for full size .30 cans, the SDN-6 has been sitting in the safe unused for a while.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#45]

762-SDN-6
Length: 7.66

Converted to:

Ranger 7
Length: 6.75" With Direct thread

View Quote

THANKS!   I was all wound up about the mounting options, but seeing this put it in perspective for me.   I'm not worried about back pressure, and one inch and three ounces aren't worth it to me.  
the mini would be if it had similar performance, but I gather it would be noticeably louder.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#46]

THANKS!   I was all wound up about the mounting options, but seeing this put it in perspective for me.   I'm not worried about back pressure, and one inch and three ounces aren't worth it to me.  
the mini would be if it had similar performance, but I gather it would be noticeably louder.
View All Quotes

762-SDN-6
Length: 7.66

Converted to:

Ranger 7
Length: 6.75" With Direct thread

I weighed my two 762-SDN-6 to see if there was a difference. One weighed in at 21.5 oz. and the other was 20.4 oz. The one that weighed more was the one I shoot a lot more.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Sent my old 762SD in for R7 upgrade. I rarely use it due to the length so I'm looking forward to getting it back in a more compact form.

Curious to compare it to my SDN6.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Sent mine in also.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Britt-dog] [#49]
How much length does the stamp add to the length of a ranger 5 vs the DT mount? I thought it was covered but can't find it. Thanks

ETA: better question would be what is the over all length of a Ranger 5 with stamp mount ?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 2:06:11 AM EDT
[#50]
51T Stamp mount is 1.77″. I'm sure someone can confirm how much it adds in length.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top