Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

DA Sierra 5 Issues Thread (Page 2 of 42)
Page / 42
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mageever:

You're reading waaaaay to much into that dude. I'm on here as myself, not a paid employee or as a paid company sponsored account. I interact as much as I have time to and always work to be helpful and educational.  I was giving him crap.  Sorry it seemed so offensive to you, but we already have his can in hand and he's being take care of.  

I feel anything I say regarding this is being either misconstrued, used against me, or thrown at me on other platforms and used by trolls out of context.  At some point the trolls and bullies win and I'm not interacting much here anymore because of this.  Anonymity sure brings out the worst in people.

View Quote

The two bolded statements conflict with each other.  Either you're here as yourself and not associated with DA or you're here representing them and giving out the repair status of folks cans.

You would be doing both DA and yourself a service to stop trying to play both sides and to pick a side and stick with it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Per Mageever in another thread, "For the OP and others, I'm sorry to say that you can't see the weld quality from taking a picture of the baffle inside the can."
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
Per Mageever in another thread, "For the OP and others, I'm sorry to say that you can't see the weld quality from taking a picture of the baffle inside the can."
View Quote

So customers get to play QC by shooting it.

Curious if the issue could be seen with UT or RT.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Thanks. I have it listed for sale so I'll see if anyone want's it. If not, I'm just going to shoot it and keep it. My SOT is willing to send it to DA while we wait if there is an issue.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

Yep.  I don't make the news, I just report it
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Ran two of mine full auto today. Both had prior rounds through it but no round count.

Units 714 & 715. Removed the mounts and reinstalled them, both Keymo, ensured proper installation and torque. When installed on the rifle, was sure to crank the can down properly.

Got them both hot enough where the handguard was untouchable. A little over 120 rounds on each of Winchester XM193 (holy shit that stuffs gassy).

Was going to run more but decided I wanted to let them cool to see if there was any rattling before I kept pushing it.

Probably going to popsicle one next, and still have a later serial number to test.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By narphenal:
Ran two of mine full auto today. Both had prior rounds through it but no round count.

Units 714 & 715. Removed the mounts and reinstalled them, both Keymo, ensured proper installation and torque. When installed on the rifle, was sure to crank the can down properly.

Got them both hot enough where the handguard was untouchable. A little over 120 rounds on each of Winchester XM193 (holy shit that stuffs gassy).

Was going to run more but decided I wanted to let them cool to see if there was any rattling before I kept pushing it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/275845/IMG_6774-2875774.jpg

Probably going to popsicle one next, and still have a later serial number to test.
View Quote

So $50, minimum, added cost to the base price of the silencers to determine if they're defective?

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 4:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#8]

You're reading waaaaay to much into that dude. I'm on here as myself, not a paid employee or as a paid company sponsored account. I interact as much as I have time to and always work to be helpful and educational.  I was giving him crap.  Sorry it seemed so offensive to you, but we already have his can in hand and he's being take care of.  

I feel anything I say regarding this is being either misconstrued, used against me, or thrown at me on other platforms and used by trolls out of context.  At some point the trolls and bullies win and I'm not interacting much here anymore because of this.  Anonymity sure brings out the worst in people.

View Quote

You're obviously not reading enough into the comments all over this board.  I have 2 Masks, a Primal and a Wolverine.  I bought 2 Sierra 5's as soon as they hit the market.  I'm not your best customer, but I've bought 6 cans from you.  You belittle us when we're frustrated and don't have answers for us.  All we can do is shoot your product that may or may not be defective?  All we can do is maybe harm ourselves or our guns?

You have a clear issue with your product and you need to issue a recall.  I'm not shooting my Sierra 5's because of this issue.  You need a program where the cans can be sent in, checked for proper manufacturing and repaired if needed.  Anything less than that is unacceptable given the publicity your company is getting over this.  Your snide comments have not impressed me and leave me wondering why I'd ever buy a product from you again.  You claiming victim status when you've delivered us a poor product for our hard earned money and wait time is simply unacceptable.  

You sell me a likely poorly made product that will see massive pressure, you won't inspect it to see if it's safe or not and you're the poor guy who the trolls are being mean to?  You can't be serious.

The poll needs an option for: "I'm not shooting mine because I don't trust it"
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ian187:

So $50, minimum, added cost to the base price of the silencers to determine if they're defective?

View Quote

I think people are just showing that to say theirs is good to go.  Even with a RC2 i am gonna mag dump it first before trusting the thing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

Not Mageever, but I would assume this issue, like most others, is overblown and fueled by anxiety.

I have one waiting on the crown at the moment and when I receive it, I fully expect it will be fine.
View Quote

I’m a dead air can owner (Nomad LT).  Love it, no issues

But in the poll so far, only 40 responses indicate some level of S5 ownership and 16 of those experienced some level of failure which is 40%.  That number could change as the poll ages of course, and whether it’s up or down remains to be seen.

The issue itself may be an easy fix if the failure isn’t catastrophic enough to damage the serial plate or the host weapon, but 40%?  That should give ANYONE pause
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By narphenal:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/275845/IMG_6774-2875774.jpg

View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I will continue to "develop grit" after trying to contact customer service through email a week ago, just sent another about my time-sensitive situation.

Meanwhile, this kind of thing isn't helping:
Dead air deleted every comment asking about the sierra 5
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DDS87:
I will continue to "develop grit" after trying to contact customer service through email a week ago, just sent another about my time-sensitive situation.

View Quote

Fake news.
@mageever said that customers who complain about not getting a response from Customer Service either start throwing a fit on social media minutes after sending, did receive a response and are lying, or just didn’t get the response they wanted. You’re obviously one of those, or Todd wouldn’t have said it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Their IG live earlier today was a joke…just like their cans.    Audio was terrible, and almost as if it was done on purpose to avoid it all even more.  

They mentioned it was a weld issue and to send it in if it breaks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By drkg:

Fake news.
@mageever said that customers who complain about not getting a response from Customer Service either start throwing a fit on social media minutes after sending, did receive a response and are lying, or just didn’t get the response they wanted. You’re obviously one of those, or Todd wouldn’t have said it.
View Quote

LOL, right...
I did get an RMA/label quickly, but that is probably automated. The emails were separate. I have not posted about this anywhere else publicly. I understand if they don't want a solid wall of snark on their IG, but I'm documenting this here as a legitimate Sierra-5 issue.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Serial 16X

Started rattling at around 200rds.  Sent back June 20.  No word from DA and no ETA.  Liked the can before it broke.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 1:13:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mageever] [#17]

Fake news.
View All Quotes

Fake news.

Ehhh.. I'm not in the mood.

Our guys are behind on email and we just had a four day weekend.  If there's something specific you need then PM me.  My lines are open.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 12-5_bang_gang:
Sierra 5
S/N: 6XX

I actually shot mine while I was waiting for the stamp to clear and love the performance out of the can. When my stamp finally cleared I checked the blast baffle and I could move it with my finger. Then when shaking it you could hear the rattling. I removed the end cap and the Xeno mount to make sure that it wasn't anything that was possibly loose.

It was sent back to Dead Air the day after I got my stamp. That was 03/28.

Like I said overall I'm very happy with the performance out of my Sierra 5 and I look forward to putting it through the paces once I receive it back.
View Quote
It's been gone 3 months??
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:42:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drkg] [#19]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
View Quote

No no no. Clearly another Bullytroll being mean to Todd. He said they’re being fixed “quicky”, so clearly this is another lie from someone just bullying Todd.

Strange.
It’s almost as if saying you’re owning an issue isn’t necessarily the same thing as actually owning it- you know, being truthful about how you’re handling it and whatnot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Our guys are behind on email and we just had a four day weekend.  If there's something specific you need then PM me.  My lines are open.
View Quote

You’re not in the mood?  I’m waiting on a response to my email too.  You think I’m in the mood to keep waiting?

You have ensured I never buy another DA product.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Please don't get this thread locked like the other one.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:09:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rdb2403] [#23]
I took the S5 to the range today.  Silencers I compared it to:
Saker 5.56K
YHM ResK
Saker 7.62
All wearing Griffin’s Plan A adapters.

Host was a 11.5 BCM upper with a Gemtech suppressed BCG.

Sound rated according to my buddies:
1)Sierra
2)Saker 5.56K
3)Saker 7.62
4)ResK

I shot less than 200 rounds.  I warmed it up a few times to test it (not glowing just a decent cadence for one mag then the gun would set for 20-30 minutes while we shot silenced 22s) and sure enough it is rattling now.  I can move the blast baffle with my finger.  I’ve got three DA cans and two have failed me.  Wolf 9SD was RMA’d due to a baffle strike.  So 66% of my DA silencers have had issues.  As a matter of fact, the only two silencers that I’ve ever had issues with were Dead Air.  

Edited to sound less snarky.

Edit2: SN 017xx
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:29:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cemac] [#24]
SN 26xx

Rattles at 180 rounds

I’ll contact DA and see what they say.

Will update here.

ETA: host was a 16” barrel, semi auto, no glowing suppressor.

2nd edit, I used a screwdriver this morning to see if I could tell what was loose by doing some poking and prodding, I found it, the end cap was loose, so no loose baffle here.

I’ll retract my loose baffle vote if possible.

Will not be contacting DA at this time.

Could use a spanner wrench to tighten end cap though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:46:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12-5_bang_gang] [#25]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
View Quote

Yes sir. 102 days today.

Saying that I've had multiple contacts with Todd and Tasson. They've both been very helpful throughout this whole process.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cemac:
SN 26xx

Rattles at 180 rounds

I’ll contact DA and see what they say.

Will update here.

ETA: host was a 16” barrel, semi auto, no glowing suppressor.
View Quote

That’s the highest serial number I’ve seen now
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By StrikeEagle15:

That’s the highest serial number I’ve seen now
View Quote

3747 is the highest I’ve seen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/14pyehc/another_one_dj_khaled_voice_sierra_5_baffles_loose/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 11:48:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rdb2403] [#28]
Video of my experience.  I recorded a friend shooting and couldn’t really tell the difference in sound between the two 5.56 K silencers.  Both sound really good to me.  I always wear ears with rifle calibers and PCCs so that makes it more challenging to discern any difference.

The Dead Air Rattler!

Video isn’t playing anymore.  I’ll try to fix it at some point.  Fixed
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 12:45:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BeGoneBaizuo] [#29]

Fake news.
View Quote

They why did they unlist their 4th of July marketing video when people started commenting asking for a S5 response. If you are subscribed to their marketing emails you may be able to still find it.

All I know is my GA cans stomp all over my buddies DA cans in sound, and I haven'thad any issues. He has been a long time Sandman owner, and was so pumped about the S5. His S5 has an every so slight rattle after an estimated 500 rounds. He's also experienced a baffle strike and endcap strike with is Sandman.

I picked up my GA cans about a week after he got his S5. So, admittedly, there isn't much time or rounds on any of them, but I am beyond happy while he is sulking like a bullied child.

People can like what they want, but there's something going on here, and denying it isn't helping anyone.

The thing which bothers me most about DA is the fact they don't even make their cans. Its what, KGM who makes them. So they have zero control over QC. They are the largest suppressor maker in the game. So they can certainly afford to bring everything in house. Not properly QC'ing a product in which the customer has to pay exhobinant fee's and wait upwards of a year to take ownership is inexcusable imo. Especially when many smaller companies (who don't have 1/100th of the sales or contracts) are able to do this.

I know where I'm going for future purchases after my experience with GA and their products.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 8:22:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KM6] [#30]
Originally Posted By rdb2403:
Wolf 9SD was RMA’d due to a baffle strike.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rdb2403:
Wolf 9SD was RMA’d due to a baffle strike.
Originally Posted By BeGoneBaizuo:
All I know is my GA cans stomp all over my buddies DA cans in sound, and I haven'thad any issues. He has been a long time Sandman owner, and was so pumped about the S5. His S5 has an every so slight rattle after an estimated 500 rounds. He's also experienced a baffle strike and endcap strike with is Sandman.

What was the cause of the baffle strikes?

The thing which bothers me most about DA is the fact they don't even make their cans. Its what, KGM who makes them. So they have zero control over QC. They are the largest suppressor maker in the game. So they can certainly afford to bring everything in house. Not properly QC'ing a product in which the customer has to pay exhobinant fee's and wait upwards of a year to take ownership is inexcusable imo. Especially when many smaller companies (who don't have 1/100th of the sales or contracts) are able to do this.

Subcontracted work very much can be QC'd, but mistakes still happen.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#31]

They why did they unlist their 4th of July marketing video when people started commenting asking for a S5 response. If you are subscribed to their marketing emails you may be able to still find it.

I picked up my GA cans about a week after he got his S5. So, admittedly, there isn't much time or rounds on any of them, but I am beyond happy while he is sulking like a bullied child.

People can like what they want, but there's something going on here, and denying it isn't helping anyone.

I know where I'm going for future purchases after my experience with GA and their products.
View Quote

I was being sarcastic, but you can absolutely QC outsourced product.  Companies do it every day, and I bet you’ll struggle to find a company in this space that makes every single part in-house.

The Sierra 5 failure isn’t the problem here. The problem is DA’s handling of it. DA makes great products and has a history of solid customer service. But, for some reason, when the S5 problem hit, they lost their minds and took the worst of all possible approaches.

After being active on social media and engaged with their customers, they went nearly radio-silent and, then, when Todd finally started chiming back in here and on Reddit, he took a really aggressive tone, calling anyone who said anything negative a “bully”, accused then of being “mean to him”, and flat out lied about well customer service was working and that silencers were being repaired “quickly”.  

Almost a year into this, and they’re still mum about a serial range or their plans to address it. So far, their only approach has been to tell people to shoot it and see, and send it in for a “quick” repair when it fails. The first half of that is putting the costs of the should-be recall diagnostics onto their customers, and the second half is just a lie.

This whole debacle is not exemplary of Dead Air. They’re a much better company than this. But, somehow, they just encountered an issue and proceeded to lose their shit over it.

It’s ok to step on your dick now and then.  It’s not ok to stand on it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By KM6:

What was the cause of the baffle strikes?
View Quote

According to the RMA worksheet my Wolf 9SD didn’t pass a pin test (alignment) when checked by dead air.  DA recored it to Wolfman specs. The repair was about 30 days door-to-door(very satisfied with turnaround).  Todd looked into my repair for me and Sawyer replied when I became impatient.  @km6

Info provided to DA:
Silencer: Wolf-9SD
Serial Number: XXX
Accessory:
Category: Damage
Specifics: End Cap Strike
Other Details:
Host Gun: CZ
Host Model: Scorpion Evo
Host Caliber: 9mm
Barrel Length: 5.5
Muzzle Device: 3-lug
Ammo Make: Federal
Ammo Model: 147gn
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#33]

After being active on social media and engaged with their customers,
View Quote

This is probably part of the problem. Dead Air is essentially a design and marketing firm, and have relied on social media and guerrilla marketing for their rapid rise to stardom. That shit is fickle.

They have good cans. And they also have Reddit-style marketing hype. I don’t fault the engineering types for that, but its a thing. A thing that bites back sometimes. CGS and Otter come to mind.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:27:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#34]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

This is probably part of the problem. Dead Air is essentially a design and marketing firm, and have relied on social media and guerrilla marketing for their rapid rise to stardom. That shit is fickle.

They have good cans. And they also have Reddit-style marketing hype. I don’t fault the engineering types for that, but its a thing. A thing that bites back sometimes. CGS and Otter come to mind.
View Quote

Welcome to todays drop shit, post up, IG clout marketing while making the cheapest junk possible to sell for the most profit you can, all thanks to social media hype.   I fell for it…I admit….but never again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

What’s the Otter Creek reference?  I don’t get it. Must have missed that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#36]

What’s the Otter Creek reference?  I don’t get it. Must have missed that.
View Quote

I don’t have anything against Otter, and I have one of their cans in jail. But I think they, too, rely on that type of marketing, so they could become victims of social media if they ever have a problem.  I’m talking future..not that they have any problems presently…I don’t think they do.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 12:08:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ALit064] [#37]
I waited 272 days for my Sierra to clear and the baffles let go after the first 140 rounds. The RMA was easy, but what’s most concerning is the lack of response from Dead Air about the repair time. SN: 011XX

They’ve had my can 83 days now, 90 total since I mailed it out, and there’s no return date in sight. Since the end of May I’ve sent 4 emails and an Instagram DM all spaced a couple weeks apart just asking for an update.

Waiting this long after the initial wait, especially with the radio silence, is horrible customer service. I used to be a DA fan boy and this is my fourth can of theirs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 2:32:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#38]
For those of you looking for a timeline of when your suppressors will be returned, I just got my Sandman-S back.

Granted it’s not a Sierra 5 so I don’t know if there’s any difference but my can took 109 days from when it was received to when I got the email with UPS tracking info coming back.

There was no communication from DA other than the RMA at the beginning and a quick email in between that didn’t have any info about anything or anything saying the repair was complete and coming back. Strictly the UPS tracking email from UPS.

Once I received the suppressor back it had an envelope with paperwork inside with the details of the repair. It just said it was a strike and after the repair it passed the tests.

I did email DA on 6/30/23 (the day I got my suppressor back) because I sent in the can with the 5.56 flash hider end cap and got it back with the standard 30 cal endcap. I have not heard anything back yet. I’d like the cap back because there was no damage to it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#39]

I don’t have anything against Otter, and I have one of their cans in jail. But I think they, too, rely on that type of marketing, so they could become victims of social media if they ever have a problem.  I’m talking future..not that they have any problems presently…I don’t think they do.
View Quote

There was some kerfuffle with the Otter guy’s alleged politics. Don’t recall the details or whether there was truth in it. Maybe 6-12 months ago would be my guess, but I’m terrible at guessing when it comes to time.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ALit064:
I waited 272 days for my Sierra to clear and the baffles let go after the first 140 rounds. The RMA was easy, but what’s most concerning is the lack of response from Dead Air about the repair time. SN: 011XX

They’ve had my can 83 days now, 90 total since I mailed it out, and there’s no return date in sight. Since the end of May I’ve sent 4 emails and an Instagram DM all spaced a couple weeks apart just asking for an update.

Waiting this long after the initial wait, especially with the radio silence, is horrible customer service. I used to be a DA fan boy and this is my fourth can of theirs.
View Quote

This is concerning.  DA should provide the customer some communication during the process.  I am prepared for at least a three month wait based upon what others have said.  That is a long time and tells me that DA is probably struggling with staffing issues or has a huge pile of cans already in the que.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By tamu94:

This is concerning.  DA should provide the customer some communication during the process.  I am prepared for at least a three month wait based upon what others have said.  That is a long time and tells me that DA is probably struggling with staffing issues or has a huge pile of cans already in the que.
View Quote

DA taking a page from the CZ-USA playbook in how they dealt with the x39 Bren 2 issues lol.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Thank you for trying to help with this, PM reply sent.

I'm posting this out here 1) to inform the thread that you are trying to help and 2) I've also had problems with PMs going through to other people in the past so I want to make sure you got it.

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#43]
As a small SOT that exclusively sells suppressors I heavily value my reputation to deliver quality cans to my customers.  I personally own Sandman's and have had an awesome experience with them over the years - running them hard.  Having said that, there is no way I would feel comfortable selling Dead Air right now.  I sincerely hope they fix this problem and issue a statement clearing EVERYTHING up.  Until then, I will not be purchasing any Dead Air products and selling them to my customers - it's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
As a small SOT that exclusively sells suppressors I heavily value my reputation to deliver quality cans to my customers.  I personally own Sandman's and have had an awesome experience with them over the years - running them hard.  Having said that, there is no way I would feel comfortable selling Dead Air right now.  I sincerely hope they fix this problem and issue a statement clearing EVERYTHING up.  Until then, I will not be purchasing any Dead Air products and selling them to my customers - it's just not worth it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
View Quote

If someone walked into your store today with a wad of cash wanting to buy one of every DA suppressor available you'd put the order in without hesitation.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By KM6:

If someone walked into your store today with a wad of cash wanting to buy one of every DA suppressor available you'd put the order in without hesitation.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Because of potential issues with one out of over a dozen models and 10s of thousands currently in use?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote

This.

If I walked into my local SOT's office and he refused to sell me a can due to his opinion of said can, he would be my former SOT.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a Sierra 5 “in jail” only been waiting for 2 months so far so I’m guessing I’ll be lucky to have it in my hands by Christmas.

It’s not my intention to add any hostility to this discussion with my inquiry so my sincere apologies if that happens.

Assuming the newest Sierra 5 suppressors are being manufactured properly, at some point the defects were noticed and corrected and anything made after that time we could assume is unaffected.

I’m curious, is there an actual serial number or manufacture date where we know the issue had been corrected?

Page / 42
DA Sierra 5 Issues Thread (Page 2 of 42)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top