User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its too bad Switzerland can’t supply more ammo to the US market.  

They seem to take consumer ammunition quality more seriously than US ammunition companies.

Europe probably has leaned on politicians to force the US taxpayers into buying all that ammo to charitably donate it to Ukraine.

Its too bad we can’t all buy a jogging outfit and get on the free ammo train.
View Quote

Pretty crazy PSA can just nuke that thread, there wasn't any bashing going on. Good on you for standing behind your product and fixing OP's can.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
@FailureToFun

What happened to your AAC 55gr ammo post?
View Quote
Yup. Nuked.
They didn't tell me they were going to do that.

However, they are taking care of me. They are sending me out 300 rounds to replace the original 200 that was purchased. I sent in the remaining ammo I had to AAC so they can conduct an evaluation. In the event dead air will charge me for the repairs, I will receive a gift card for the bill from PSA.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yup. Nuked.

However, they are taking care of me. They are sending me out 300 rounds to replace the original 200 that was purchased. I sent in the remaining ammo I had to AAC so they can conduct an evaluation. In the event dead air will charge me for the repairs, I will receive a gift card for the bill from PSA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FailureToFun

Yup. Nuked.

You mean Griffin? And that's wild they just deleted whole thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
PSA is sending me ammo. Griffin is covering my can as previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FailureToFun

Yup. Nuked.

No Griffin is taking care of him and he also had a DA can get damaged by the ammo. So he had to send it to DA.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Griffin does not make ammo and it was a thread in the PSA subforum
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn’t surprise me that PSA deleted your post, they’vedeleted one of mine in the past.

They really can be shady at times. I understand every company has issues here and there but covering them up is scummy. It’s also why I don’t buy from them anymore.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow....they sure did.

That really makes me question spending any more money with them.
View Quote

Right?  So OP tries to warn people about crappy ammo that will nuke their cans and PSA just wiped it under the rug lol.  Producing crap ammo is one thing, trying to keep that info from consumers is infinitely worse.  Screw PSA
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Right?  So OP tries to warn people about crappy ammo that will nuke their cans and PSA just wiped it under the rug lol.  Producing crap ammo is one thing, trying to keep that info from consumers is infinitely worse.  Screw PSA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow....they sure did.

Bad look for sure
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bad look for sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow....they sure did.

Bad look for sure

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for sharing, OP.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

DT
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, over a week ago, PSA was supposed to get me replacement ammo in the mail that day. A week goes by and no tracking. I ask about tracking and was told I should get tracking either at the end of the day on wednesday, or by COB the next day on thursday. Still no tracking at this point.

I did receive an update from AAC and their preliminary testing pointed towards the ammo being bad but they arent done with testing. Im not exactly sure how long testing on 60 rounds would take but Im looking forward to hearing what exactly was wrong with the ammo and why they deleted my post that could potentially save others from dealing with the same situation.

Overall not too impressed with everything. Shall I say they lost another customer? Only time will tell..
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
well, 400 rounds showed up earlier. Pulled one of the bullets and it looks like it should. Ill take some to the range tomorrow and see how they run. I likely wont ever run this ammo suppressed ever again. Note to self: Never buy in early on the first run of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Life is too short for shitty ammo.  Shitty ammo will make a shooter question everything.  Now maybe the gun doesn't work, or maybe he can't shoot straight anymore, or his magazines might suck or whatever.  

When you get to the range, that should increase your confidence, not reduce it and send you into replacement of odd component parts searching for a solution to a phantom problem.
View Quote
I agree. I was about to pull apart my upper until I saw my muzzle device. Atleast I popped my baffle strike cherry.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Baffle strikes are really rare. Hopefully you wont have to experience that again.  It can't really be understated how low quality ammunition has to be for the bullets not to stay together for 6" of flight.  

I fired a prototype 240B suppressor yesterday, 600 rounds in one burst.  Zero baffle contact.  No malfunctions.  It's the most durable silencer our company has made.  The gun ran that in 58 seconds.  ~620 rounds a minute cyclic rate.  I wouldn't be surprised if the ROF wasn't up more than 25RPM from unsuppressed.

Sound metering it was interesting.  I adjusted timing of the "trigger" in B&K 75 microseconds to sound meter it.  It appeared about 75-80MS behind conventional firearms, due to open bolt operation.  

View Quote
I did see that post on FB. looked like a 10ft belt of pure joy. I have fired 240's, M2's, mk19's, negev's in both 5.56 and 7.62, and quite a few rounds through a Bushmaser M242. None of them suppressed(obviously not the M242) so I am sure that was some good fun!

I have been seeing those 240 collapasible stocks pop up more and more. 0331's are probably digging those a lot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That guns kind of not 100% or I also have some shit ammo- remanufactured from lake city pull downs.  We have to spray oil the ammo to keep it from having separated case heads (stuck cases with ripped off heads)- that's been a problem as long as we have had it. That means you kind of breathe vaporized rem oil while firing it because the heat of firing evaporates the rem-oil near instantly.    

We did have a different batch of ammo for that- mag tech factory new, but I needed it to run 100% or I would have to re-shoot and the ammo would be a waste, so I spray oiled it anyway.  I never had to do that to an issued 240.

I would prefer to burst fire at distance as opposed to just shoot a belt into a berm, but that's kind of how a lot of suppressor testing work goes.  

It was interesting to fire 5-6 rounds without ear pro and have no ringing or anything, and it's neat to think about the military possibly having some interest in them.  The collapsible stock is cool, and it has a cheek rest for optics that I took off because I wasn't running any (you can't see the sights with it on).  

In Iraq I did a decent amount of vehicle work on turret guns- M2's 240's, Saws, Mk46's and MK19's.  I used the 240 more than the others from the turret and it was sometimes like that Indiana Jones movie with the tank- the gun is a dream to shoot- puts rounds wherever you want them, even with the vehicle moving at some speed.  I liked the 240 better than than any of the other turret guns.  Same experience as you- unsuppressed all.  I think the idea of a turret gunner being able to shoot without taking miles off everyone's ears is cool.  In a city, an M2 is kind of big, if you weren't careful you could hit something with the barrel when the turret was sideways, and one of our guys almost got his finger chopped off by the spades pinching it on the turret armor when something impacted the barrel while moving.  

I would hear people sometimes cuss and stuff, indicating their ears hurt.  I always had my ear plugs in so I could shoot if I needed to- it was at that point in time my job obviously, and we needed to be on top of whatever needed attention pretty much immediately.

The Bushmaster is a bitch.  I never shot one, but spent a little time on a kuwaiti range once right next to one, and it was not fun to be next to a Bradley shooting on a range.  That brake is insanely loud the concussion you'd swear it picks you up a little bit off the ground every time it shoots.  The concussion has to be at least 30% worse than an XM107
View Quote
Thats interesting. Do you have a spare barrel to try? Im thinking that might be a headspace issue. 3-5 clicks when ratcheting the carry handle over on the barrel is what Ive been trained to be acceptable. But then again, I am not a machine gunner just an 0313 that got to play with a lot of them.

On our LAV's we used these swing mounts for our 240's. They are an absoulte nightmare to use even from a static postion. They had us doing all sorts of gymnatics in the turret trying to brace ourselves againgst the main gun and turret. picture is when I was on a C2 variant.

My tinitus can be 100% contributed to sitting in the drivers hole about a foot below that main gun. Feels like getting a full body slap at 200RPM.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Better close up of the swing mount and a whole lot of hate getting ready to go down range.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Better close up of the swing mount and a whole lot of hate getting ready to go down range.
https://i.imgur.com/GCUyG2q.jpg

View Quote

Mmmmm.... 25mm deliciousness...
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Bravo Griffin for handling it without pointing any fingers. Well freakin done!
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bravo Griffin for handling it without pointing any fingers. Well freakin done!
View Quote
With how they have taken care of me, My next can isnt going to be a surefire like I was planning. It will be a GA can.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yup. Nuked.

View Quote

They ever get you taken care of?

Also, seent on the redit

Wondering if the ammo is from the same Lot
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Also, seent on the redit
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/received_1495719961219202-2773192.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Nuked.

Also, seent on the redit
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517593/received_1495719961219202-2773192.jpg

Very interesting
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I’d be pretty interested to know what effs up a 55gr projectile so badly that it shwacks a .30 cap.

As far as PSA being shady about it, I live exactly 15 minutes from one of their stores and ranges, and within an hour and a half of most or all of their stores, so you might say I’m local to them. The extent of fuckery that there is no excuse for that I have encountered with them is on a level and type that can’t always be explained simply by volume and sample size. I do like that they have made evil guns more accessible, so I try not to bash them too often anymore, but every year or so I start thinking they’ve turned a corner and give them another chance. Spoiler-they haven’t. They’re just BCA (who I used to be local to) with more volume and aggressive growth.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’d be pretty interested to know what effs up a 55gr projectile so badly that it shwacks a .30 cap.

As far as PSA being shady about it, I live exactly 15 minutes from one of their stores and ranges, and within an hour and a half of most or all of their stores, so you might say I’m local to them. The extent of fuckery that there is no excuse for that I have encountered with them is on a level and type that can’t always be explained simply by volume and sample size. I do like that they have made evil guns more accessible, so I try not to bash them too often anymore, but every year or so I start thinking they’ve turned a corner and give them another chance. Spoiler-they haven’t. They’re just BCA (who I used to be local to) with more volume and aggressive growth.
View Quote

PSA is definitely a strange mix of sometimes shady but also good people
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Also, seent on the redit

View Quote
They wound up sending me 400 rounds to replace my 200 originally purchased. They conducted some testing and determined the ammo was in fact bad. Unfortunately I don't have what batch my ammo came from as I loaded up mags and threw the boxes away. I purchased the ammo shortly after it was released if that means anything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#32]
What do you think of the M4SDK?  
I think my next 5.56 can will be that, or an RC2.  Can’t decide.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They wound up sending me 400 rounds to replace my 200 originally purchased. They conducted some testing and determined the ammo was in fact bad. Unfortunately I don't have what batch my ammo came from as I loaded up mags and threw the boxes away. I purchased the ammo shortly after it was released if that means anything.
View Quote

Probably keep that ammo as nonsuppressed fodder for the time being.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have five M4SD-Ks.  It's lighter than the RC2, a little shorter, and I like the dimpling look which is supposed to help with cooling due to the extra surface area.  Their site says it's about 2.5 ounces lighter than the current Mod4 actually is.  Both are tanks.  

The new Mod4 baffles are really nice.  Low back pressure, great on flash, and a soft shooter.  The RC2 is iconic and, though a little older tech, fantastic in its own rights.  You can't go wrong either way.

Griffin seems to be moving away from the GateLok (QD) line and focusing on their Dual Lok and direct thread lines.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I made this decision a few years ago while there was a sale on RC2s at my SOT. I’d personally choose the M4SDk unless cloning or equipping an army. I like the Gate-Lok mount better, and its a c-hair shorter/lighter. Performance isn’t divergent enough to quibble about, and with the new baffle, I suspect that backpressure is similar.

I might reverse that decision if I were in the habit of actual no-shit cyclic (auto) mag dumps into dirt every week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top