Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I've gone through the process, had a can approved, sent a CLEO notification letter, and as soon as it clears, they'll send it to me.

I should have it in a week or so. So far so good. They've been awesome.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I just received my DA Sierra 5 from them. Approved 3/16 and delivered by UPS on 3/31 for a total of 15 days.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:46:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lcambre:
I just received my DA Sierra 5 from them. Approved 3/16 and delivered by UPS on 3/31 for a total of 15 days.
View Quote
That's not bad.  After the long wait for F4 approval, 15 days is nothing.

I just ordered my 3rd suppressor from CA. I'll hopefully have my first approved in about two weeks from now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve got 4 more cooking from CA:

1. EA Arx should be up next - 248 days
2. TBAC Fly 9 - 215 days
3. TBAC Magnus - 146 days
4. OCL Lithium 9 - 54 days

Hopefully they all go as smoothly as the Sierra 5.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Do they ever return your call?  I left a message that I wanted to purchase a suppressor, 6 hours ago.  Who else can I call?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
On a Sunday?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyboy] [#7]
Originally Posted By ctfish15:
On a Sunday?
View Quote

Might be the problem?  Nothing mentioned about being closed at the phone center.  Just got called back.  Thanks Joshua!
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dillhole:
I've got 4 more cooking from CA:

1. EA Arx should be up next - 248 days
2. TBAC Fly 9 - 215 days
3. TBAC Magnus - 146 days
4. OCL Lithium 9 - 54 days

Hopefully they all go as smoothly as the Sierra 5.
View Quote
ARX is my next one too. My first suppressor through CA.  Certified on 7/21 so it should be approved any time now.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I just certified a Socom Mini. They were awesome, I was all over the place in getting back to them and being confused about stuff since this was my first NFA purchase since I moved and had to reinstate my trust. We traded a lot of emails and they were great. If the RC2 comes back in stock in FDE soon, I’ll probably get it now vs a lot later as originally planned just because they were so easy to work with.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a Rugged Razor 7.62 Ti through their Paragon program, and it is done through Capital Armory. I've never done business with them before, but so far it has been painless. I setup my customer info, uploaded a picture from my phone, uploaded my trust and my fingerprints (EFT). A day later I received the Docusign and the next day got an email that my Form 4 was mailed. I'm weird, for $200 I want a physical stamp and not a picture on a pdf.

I'm really impressed with the whole process, I don't care if it will take a little longer on the backend because of the 4473. My local Silencer Shop dealer moved to the other end of town and it's a solid 45 minutes to an hour without traffic. This is soooo much easier.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#11]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:
I bought a Rugged Razor 7.62 Ti through their Paragon program, and it is done through Capital Armory. I've never done business with them before, but so far it has been painless. I setup my customer info, uploaded a picture from my phone, uploaded my trust and my fingerprints (EFT). A day later I received the Docusign and the next day got an email that my Form 4 was mailed. I'm weird, for $200 I want a physical stamp and not a picture on a pdf.

I'm really impressed with the whole process, I don't care if it will take a little longer on the backend because of the 4473. My local Silencer Shop dealer moved to the other end of town and it's a solid 45 minutes to an hour without traffic. This is soooo much easier.
View Quote

Honestly, the post approval CLEO isn’t that big of a deal for me. I bought a suppressor from the manufacturer 3 weeks ago, my LGS sent his info the next day. It’s still not at my dealer, the Form 3 hasn’t been approved yet. Probably looking at 4 weeks total at least before I even submit.

There was none of that with Capitol’s to your door. Purchase to Form 4 submissions was less than 48 hours. Bought 2 from them last month. It’s dangerous to my wallet how easy it is.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm weird, for $200 I want a physical stamp and not a picture on a pdf.
View Quote
That's just eForms. It doesn't matter who you do the purchase and transfer through.

If you want a physical stamp, you'll need to do an old school paper form 4.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
That's just eForms. It doesn't matter who you do the purchase and transfer through.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'm weird, for $200 I want a physical stamp and not a picture on a pdf.

He did say they mailed his submission.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

He did say they mailed his submission.
View Quote
Yup, I set my profile to paper forms so they mailed my Form 4.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup, I set my profile to paper forms so they mailed my Form 4.
View Quote
My bad. I saw that and read mailed as emailed.

I didn't know they would do a paper form. Good to know.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I just certified my first can (ever) through CA on Monday.

Now for the wait.

As for the shipping-to-your-door, from reading the previous thread, it seems like CA ships to an in-state dealer, who processes the 4473, then ships it to you.

I noticed that the FFL that CA used on my forms is local to me. Is it possible to pick up in person at that FFL and avoid the additional 2+ week delay for CLEO notification?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wardamncajun:
I just certified my first can (ever) through CA on Monday.

Now for the wait.

As for the shipping-to-your-door, from reading the previous thread, it seems like CA ships to an in-state dealer, who processes the 4473, then ships it to you.

I noticed that the FFL that CA used on my forms is local to me. Is it possible to pick up in person at that FFL and avoid the additional 2+ week delay for CLEO notification?
View Quote

Shoot them an email and ask. They’re super responsive in my recent experience.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:57:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#18]
Originally Posted By wardamncajun:
View Quote

I asked about that when I certified my first one through them. They said the shipper in my state didn’t have an actual storefront open to the public, so it wasn’t possible. Not sure about other states and if their shipper has a storefront or not.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
How do they ship it? I'm assuming its signature required?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:38:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#20]
Originally Posted By Wake27:
How do they ship it? I'm assuming its signature required?
View Quote
This is from CA's email to me (just got an F4 approved yesterday):

We ship all items via UPS ground with adult signature required. If an adult cannot be at your residence during the time of delivery, please coordinate with UPS a time to pick up the item or arrange for an alternate delivery address (service available through UPS for an additional fee.)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#21]
This is from CA's email to me (just got an F4 approved yesterday):

View Quote

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:21:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#22]
After you get an approved form 4 does CA contact you?  Do they snail mail a 4473?

I had one approved yesterday so just trying to figure what the next step is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
After you get an approved form 4 does CA contact you?  Do they snail mail a 4473?

View Quote

You’ll get a docusign and then they’ll ship you the can in a couple weeks
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#24]

View Quote
Yes, but no snail mail for the 4473. I got an email from the ATF with my approved eF4 attached, then got another email from CA, also with a copy of my approved eF4.  The next day I got a 4473 emailed to me for a Docusign. After I submitted that, I got another email from CA stating that a registered letter was sent to the CLEO (head of the State Troopers), and that it would take approximately 14 business days for that process to complete. I am now waiting for that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, but no snail mail for the 4473. I got an email from the ATF with my approved eF4 attached, then got another email from CA, also with a copy of my approved eF4.  The next day I got a 4473 emailed to me for a Docusign. After I submitted that, I got another email from CA stating that a registered letter was sent to the CLEO (head of the State Troopers), and that it would take approximately 14 business days for that process to complete. I am now waiting for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By dillhole:

You’ll get a docusign and then they’ll ship you the can in a couple weeks

Thanks.  How long did it take for CA to send you the docusign after you received the eforms approval email?

I got the approval on Thursday and haven’t heard from CA as of tonight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Thanks.  How long did it take for CA to send you the docusign after you received the eforms approval email?

I got the approval on Thursday and haven’t heard from CA as of tonight.
View Quote

Go to your CA profile (where you went to certify). You will probably have a link available to fill out your 4473. Click on 4473 link and the Docusign will be generated after you complete the 4473 questionnaire.

Profile site:  https://tools.capitolarmory.com/customer    FYI— My password was not the same as the regular CA site.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#27]

I got the approval on Thursday and haven't heard from CA as of tonight.
View Quote
Mine was the next day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JimmyB62:

Go to your CA profile (where you went to certify). You will probably have a link available to fill out your 4473. Click on 4473 link and the Docusign will be generated after you complete the 4473 questionnaire.

Profile site:  https://tools.capitolarmory.com/customer    FYI— My password was not the same as the regular CA site.
View Quote

Thanks!  It was in there.  

Still haven't got an email from CA with any instructions, so I'm glad I asked!
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:26:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#29]

View Quote
The Docusign actually comes from: [email protected]  (It will show as Capitol Armory via DocuSign)

Everything else from CA comes from: [email protected]

Add both of those email addresses to your email contacts so that they don't get blocked as spam.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#30]
The Docusign actually comes from: [email protected]  (It will show as Capitol Armory via DocuSign)

Everything else from CA comes from: [email protected]

Add both of those email addresses to your email contacts so that they don't get blocked as spam.

View Quote

Will do.

I get all of CA marketing emails fine, but nothing in the junk folder from CA or the dse_ email about the 4473.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:39:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JimmyB62] [#31]

View Quote

I’ve done a bunch of them now and sometimes that email just doesn't get sent (and it’s not in spam). That’s the only negative I’ve seen in the whole process. Doesn't really matter though because the email only has a link to the profile site and its always been ready to go by the next day and sometimes the same day, so I just go there and fill out the 4473 followed by the auto-generated Docusign.

Edit: Also, you don’t get a docusign email. It’s generated by the 4473 process automatically. The only email from Docusign is a confirmation that its been completed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JimmyB62:

I've done a bunch of them now and sometimes that email just doesn't get sent (and it's not in spam). That's the only negative I've seen in the whole process. Doesn't really matter though because the email only has a link to the profile site and its always been ready to go by the next day and sometimes the same day, so I just go there and fill out the 4473 followed by the auto-generated Docusign.

Edit: Also, you don't get a docusign email. It's generated by the 4473 process automatically. The only email from Docusign is a confirmation that its been completed.
View Quote
Good info. I'll be sure to login to CA if I don't get the email right away next time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wake27] [#34]
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:
I can assure you all of those emails get sent out.  

In terms of emails, there are all kinds of redundancy checks and reminders that go out.  On the client's end, I highly doubt they are intentionally trying delete emails from us.... so I'm certainly not blaming anyone for not getting an email.  The email issues always seem to stem from something between us and the client.  A work email filtering because "armory" is in the title, a full email box, spam settings, etc... and sometimes it's just a mystery.  

Check spam/promotions/blacklist/etc.  Whitelist, add as contacts, mark as not spam if your email service gives that option.  

As also stated above, that customer profile tool is your friend and generally has the information in it people are looking for.  If you suspect an email didn't reach you, check that tool.
View Quote

I ended up buying my second can in less than a month because of how great this process was on the first one. Lots of email reminders the first time since I didn’t get to it for a few days but super fast on CA’s end.

I wish they could do Form 1 SBRs again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]
As someone who has never used CA, why would I go with them over Silencer Shop? I've done 5 cans through SS and each time they get transferred to my local SOT within 2 weeks. When the stamp comes in, I drive 15 mins away and pick up my can.

Pros / Cons of CA over SS?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
As someone who has never used CA, why would I go with them over Silencer Shop? I've done 5 cans through SS and each time they get transferred to my local SOT within 2 weeks. When the stamp comes in, I drive 15 mins away and pick up my can.

View Quote

Probably not a huge benefit if you’re close to your dealer and the dealer is actually good and responsive.

I use a kitchen table guy who does SS.  He has a day job and I’ve had to wait a few months to certify a form 4 in the past.  My own fault, but CA is more streamlined.

I will say, it makes me nervous that the can has to be shipped after a lengthy wait for an approved form 4.  If it’s lost I assume you start the wait over with a new form 4 and new can.

I had a can lost in transit when being shipped from SS to my local guy.  No big deal, they just formed 3 a new one and the delay was only about 1 week.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Highly dependent on how good your local SS dealer with regards to certifying. Capitol has a dedicated phone # just for certifying which I've had good experience with.

Also depends on what products you are looking for. Capitol has carried some stuff in the past that SS did not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dat1Guy117] [#38]

View Quote

Not leaving the house to get it?
The extra 1-2 weeks of it being sent to you after the form 4 is approved is moot after you factor in the 1-2 weeks it takes for SS to send your suppressor to your SOT to start the paperwork.

Also, for my most recent .22lr can from SS, the SOT I used ended up charging me an additional $70 or something because of a difference in prices between the two of them. It was something along those lines, I don’t really know how their partnership details are worked out. I’ve had a different SOT charge me 35$ as a “storage fee” too. All I know is that with CA I won’t have to deal with that since the process is entirely with them.

The ability to purchase your EFT prints after you send your paper copies in is also nice.

Use whichever one gives you the best deal?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#39]
^ I agree.  I've used both SS, CA and had my local SOT transfer in two suppressors from other places.

If you have a good SOT then SS works great.  I've had issues on the SOT end. I ordered two suppressors from SS that took 4+ months just to get the Form 4 submitted (not SS's fault, it was my SOT's fault). I had one paper F4 get approved and I wasn't notified for two months (though now a nonissue with eF4).

I now have a better SOT nearby, but CA is just so convenient. The local shop isn't open every day. Sometimes I go there and the NFA guy isn't there. CA is just easier. I order online, Docusign the forms, do their remote certify thing and the eF4 is submitted in just a couple days.

Pricewise, SS and CA are very close with everything I've ordered.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I will add, every time I’ve called CA I get an answer within 5 rings.

I’ve never once been able to talk to someone from SS in multiple attempts, even waiting on hold for 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Dat1Guy117:

Also, for my most recent .22lr can from SS, the SOT I used ended up charging me an additional $70 or something because of a difference in prices between the two of them. It was something along those lines, I don’t really know how their partnership details are worked out.
View Quote

He violated his contract with Silencer Shop. He sets his own pricing at SS, not SS.
There are no additional fees that you pay to a Silencer Shop dealer ever.

Contact SS and they will get him set straight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#43]
My experience with SS was good but I also had the "NFA guy isn't here" issue at my LGS and the form 3 to get to my dealer from another one took a long time. That wasn't really a SS issue that I know of but CA has been even faster and easier to use in my little experience. Plus the SS kiosk at my new place is like 35 minutes away and some guy's house which I'm not crazy about.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Wake27:
My experience with SS was good but I also had the "NFA guy isn't here" issue at my LGS and the form 3 to get to my dealer from another one took a long time. That wasn't really a SS issue that I know of but CA has been even faster and easier to use in my little experience. Plus the SS kiosk at my new place is like 35 minutes away and some guy's house which I'm not crazy about.
View Quote

Once you've scanned your prints, you never visit a kiosk again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Once you've scanned your prints, you never visit a kiosk again.
View Quote

Should've said dealer. He also has a kiosk but that's where I'd have to pick the can up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone who has ever dealt with Capitol would know that there’s zero reason whatsoever to go with anyone else.
Awesome prices and even better staff and customer service in my experience.

Local chief of police that I’m good friends with was getting the run around from a local SS brick and mortar. I told him about Capitol and his mind was blown at how much easier and better they were to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:11:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OBXT] [#47]
Between SS and CA, the biggest thing for me is who has what in stock. I have bought a couple recently from CA just because they were the only one that had it. I have had good experiences with both companies.  The one thing I like better about SS is their web site. I find it easier to drill down to the product I am looking for. On the CA page I end up scrolling through a number of items on a page. One thing I noticed in CA's favor is they seem to have better prices on accessories.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 7:15:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#48]
Originally Posted By lcambre:
One thing I noticed in CA's favor is they seem to have better prices on accessories.
View Quote
I also really like how CA lets you order a suppressor without the OEM muzzle device and adapter if you wish.

For example I use DA Xeno, if I order a YMH Turbo, I don't need nor want a YHM adapter and muzzle device, which I then would need to sell on the EE.

CA lets you just delete it from your order for a discount.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

I'm going to dodge this a bit, but try to answer at the same time.  I'm going to give our internal goals.  

We don't outsource anything.  No outsourcing of private information and paperwork, no 3rd party involvement, no blame game.  We handle everything in-house, and if there's an issue we can address it instantly.  "The NFA guy isn't here" or "Waiting on them to do x, y, z." or "I've got a golf trip so you can't certify until the 32nd of the month." stuff.  

We're NFA people and shooters.  We don't really shoot unsuppressed.  Most of us have shot pretty much everything and the stuff we like extensively.  As such, employees making their own decisions about products is encouraged.  That's our lifestyle and happens to also be our business.  Most of us aren't shy about giving an honest opinion if someone asks for it.  

Things are fast.  Usually between steps for things if more than a day has passed, it's a problem.  For returning clients, purchase until certification is often same day.  Dealing with actual people is a priority.  Phones, people in the lobby, and emails are a priority over marketing emails, videos, etc.  There's a good chance at 6am I'm doing 4473s or paperwork, and at 10pm I'm making sure things are wrapped up for the day.  Business hours are dealing with clients.  Before and after hours are paperwork stuff, videos, and the other tasks.  

View Quote

I like what I hear. I’m going to give you guys a shot next.
I’m not sure how to go about finger prints and photo, but I’ll dig in on your website later as I’m sure all details are there.

Thank you for the reply.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I have 4 pending with Capital Armory and have had 2 of 3 clear through Silencer Central. One was denied for a misspelling in the trust. So far the beginning process of sending off eforms through CA has been seamless. The CA orders were all done as individual since I was waiting on a digital copy of my trust through SC.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top