BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I just bought a SilencerCo GDCH from the second batch that they just released. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I've heard very good things. The only other one I'd spring for would be a Raptor-SD with the NP3 coating but good luck finding it.
View Quote
Just started a thread: Silencer Gas Mitigating Charging Handles?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cheap way to handle the charging handle is a little RTV and a small drill bit. That’s what I’ve done, even with adjustable gas blocks.

You can also get adjustable BCGs, custom gas tubes, adjustable gas keys, etc.
View Quote

@BigWaylon, what’s the drill bit for?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@BigWaylon, what’s the drill bit for?
View Quote

Not BigWaylon, but to drill a gas vent in the charging handle.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As mentioned…drilling a hole.

It works well with standard CHs. Might not work with ambi versions. But I run AGBs on most of my SBRs, and standard CHs on all of them. You’re basically just drilling a small hole from the flat surface opposite the latch, and make sure the hole connects to the channel. The RTV blocks a good bit and the hole routes some out that side.

Here’s a write-up had bookmarked that will help you visualize it. Exact drill bit size isn’t that important…just something to provide an outlet from the channel. Click Me
View Quote

Interesting, I have radian raptors in all of my guns so far, putting together a 12.5 sbr to use with my first suppressor. Have you seen the SD versions with the holes cross drilled about half way back from the BCG end?  Think that could be replicated by drilling a normal one?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting, I have radian raptors in all of my guns so far, putting together a 12.5 sbr to use with my first suppressor. Have you seen the SD versions with the holes cross drilled about half way back from the BCG end?  Think that could be replicated by drilling a normal one?
View Quote

same
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
While I agree to a point about what you need and what is nice to have.

As my can collection grows, I am finding that organizing things is what I needed. Now this is for brakes, mounts, boosters, stuff you might need for cans, tools, and specialty tools ect.

This or a larger fishing tackle box is what I recommend.

Get name brands if you have to have the bling, or just take a few tools with you to see if they fit.

Think stackable. Here is a link to what I am talking about. You may want to look around before you spend but having things where you need them and organized helps.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Tool-Storage-Small-Parts-Organizers/Tool-Storage/N-5yc1vZc28pZ1z1c725

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been shooting taper mounts for years. Nothing needed on the threads or tapers to keep them from seizing. Use proper torque on the MD, and the cans come off easy when you need them, and stay put when shooting.

Maybe pick up rocksett of you are using a can/adapter on the taper mount. The adapters will stick on the mount, and the can comes off. So use rocksett on the can/adapter interface. A leather glove in the range bag is a good idea, but also wait and let it cool a little before handling.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top