BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSU:
I sent an email to get on the list. Does ECCO let you know you’ve been added to the work list?

@Sixtysixdeuce
View Quote

We certainly will.  It's a dialogue, not a one-and-done.

It can take us a day or two and we don't always respond on weekends, but sometimes emails don't make it through at all or disappear in spam, so if it's been a minute, try again, or FB messenger, or even PM here to let me know where to look for what name.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

Fair point.   We have some of that stuff compiled, but most manufacturers don't disclose thread dimensions used on this or that, so usually we only know once we've had one through to check it out.  I'll see what I can do to at least get some partial lists together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Green0:
I don't know what the thread pitches of all the cans are.  I know customers don't.  So maybe saying this fits this, along with 1.08x24 Gemtech, would help.   I wanted to be able to shoot the customer the solution, but I can't confirm fitment to a thread pitch I don't know the specification of offhand.

That's where I'm saying if there was a little legend or whatever that said the models that were compatible to each thread, the customers would probably have greater ease of purchasing / knowing the solution existed.  It's not the difference between all business and no business, but I think people will have an easier time knowing what the boosters do/solve.

Fair point.   We have some of that stuff compiled, but most manufacturers don't disclose thread dimensions used on this or that, so usually we only know once we've had one through to check it out.  I'll see what I can do to at least get some partial lists together.

I can definitely agree with this. The GSL and Bowers thread patterns are impossible to find.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]

I've never done a Bravo to 1.180-24 adapter because pretty well everything that's available in 1.180-24 has an equal or better counterpart in 1.125-28.   But I suppose I can run a few the next time I'm doing some Bravo to Alphas, it's a fairly minor program alteration.

I have no idea what the threads are on those other GSL and Bowers things, so couldn't tell you there.
View Quote

that would be awesome. I'll keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Nick does excellent work on conversions and recores. ECCO machine is a small shop out of Colorado. Communication is by email or Facebook. More info at their website..https://www.eccomachine.net/

Custom gunsmith would be the best way to describe the shop.

1) Conversion--cut off OEM mount,  thread to 1.375 x 24 and put YOUR mount on. Nick is a perfectionist, that's why he needs your mount cuz some mounts are not to Nick's specifications. Re paint with Moly resin.

2) Recore--replace internals with 17-4 stainless. Interlocking K baffles made from 17-4 H 900 stainless steel. Thread original tube for booster assembly and front cap. Re paint.

I wanted to standardize my pistol mounts to Deadair. Nick did a recore of My Cobra 45  to a Deadair booster assembly which I supplied. He then made a front cap which uses the Deadair takedown tool for removal. I went from
a meh monocore Cobra to a ECCO "Cobra/Phoenix" which has the internals of an obsidian 45.

Custom Gunsmith = wait time, perfection takes time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
ECCO Machine does stellar work and I need to get off my duff and get on the schedule for more AAC cans.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if Ecco has ever converted a Tion Inc Dragoon?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Does Ecco happen to make a taper adapter for Honey Badger barrels? Basically to be able to use anything other than a Cherry Bomb on a Q Honey Badger?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Does Ecco happen to make a taper adapter for Honey Badger barrels? Basically to be able to use anything other than a Cherry Bomb on a Q Honey Badger?
View Quote

If you are looking for the collar that sits on the taper and provides a shoulder for other muzzle devices, Q, Griffin, and Sig Sauer all have taper adapters available.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moto-M187] [#9]
View Quote

They did at one time....
Q barrel with an EA Vox suppressor
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to pass on this last time because I am in the middle of a move.

I am ready now finally have 69% of all my stuff.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine were delivered to Ecco on 3/23

Mini4
M4-2000
SDN6

Being converted to Griffin Plan A 1.375x24 taper. I’m curious to see if the Mini4 will fit their Tactical Compensator mount since it’s kinda long. Guess I’ll find out when I get them back.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the oaky to send your can in? I’ve been on the waiting list since December. I don’t want to call or email, I just like to get some idea.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:05:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: double_r76] [#13]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the oaky to send your can in? I’ve been on the waiting list since December. I don’t want to call or email, I just like to get some idea.
View Quote

I got on the list in July and just got the call last month for the most recent batch... so about 8 months.  I got a photo of the completed conversion today, so they had it less than 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I did some last year because people begged and begged, then they languished on the shelf for months, so I haven't made any more in 5/8 or 1/2.   Then people begged for the M13.5x1 LH taper for 9mm Sig things, so I did a run of those in 1.125-28, 1.180-24 and 1.203-28 for all the 9mm cans, and it's the same deal, not moving.  So I'm not planning to do them again, too many other things that move to keep up with.    

@hansohnbrothers has you covered on them, though

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/mounts-and-pistons/hansohn-direct-thread-25-degree-taper-mount/
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:47:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#15]
Originally Posted By double_r76:

I got on the list in July and just got the call last month for the most recent batch... so about 8 months.  I got a photo of the completed conversion today, so they had it less than 3 weeks.
View Quote

Yours was probably one where we had reached out earlier, but our new site hosted emails that we began using in December were going to spam for a great many people.  

We increased the batch size to 100 at a time, so we're hovering more in the 5 month range now.   Actually had 109 in this one that I'm just wrapping, next round will be folks who were added late October through mid December.  

We did just hire someone this month, so productivity will increase, but I have to get him trained first.   Super sharp guy, and a quick study with an eye for precision, but has never been in manufacturing, so it's a steep learning curve.  But he's taken to the CNC lathe like a duck to water, and that's what I need most so that I can focus on the manual machine work while parts are still being made on the Mazak.    I also picked up a 4 axis VMC at the end of December, but simply haven't had the time to learn programming and set it up yet beyond partially loading the tool magazine.   Hoping to now be able to find that time, because that's gonna be a huge help with all the milling ops I've still been doing manually.   And with some luck, I'm hoping to add a Mazak Integrex SY very soon, which will be an even bigger boost.   My Current Mazak SQT 15M has live tooling, but it does not have Y axis or sub spindle, so there are still tons of secondary operations I do either in a second set up or on manual machines.   The Integrex will change all that.

Point of that diatribe is that I'm doing all I can to whittle down and ultimately (hopefully) eliminate the backlogs.  I know it's frustrating that we can't get on conversions and recores right away, but God just hasn't given me those extra days in the week I've been asking for, so it's a constant process of trying to improve efficiency & productivity without compromising quality or taking financial risks.    

Of course, the conversions will always have a manual machine process because I have to be able to feel when things aren't right, when there's a core separation or something else going on that needs human touch and judgement.  I use the CNC to finish bore & thread them after the conversion pieces are welded in, but if I tried to use it for parting off mounts and the boring & threading of the cores for conversion pieces, 20 or 30 might go fine, then it would be a disaster with that next one that had a core separation.   CNC doesn't know, it'll just keep plowing a tool into a part that's spinning in the tube instead of cutting and wreck things.   Can't risk the tubes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ghostface:

Thanks....that will be about the same time my other can will be coming out of jail...
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:49:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tacolove] [#17]
@sixtysixdeuce

I am tired of waiting for Deadair’s Keymo Adapter for the Saker to come in stock and I am sure I am not the only one. Are you able to make an adapter or retread to 1.375x24?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tacolove:
@sixtysixdeuce

I am tired of waiting for Deadair’s Keymo Adapter for the Saker to come in stock and I am sure I am not the only one. Are you able to make an adapter or retread to 1.375x24?  Thank you.
View Quote

Yes, and Charlie to Bravo adapters are on my short list, just got the 1-3/8 32 3B plug gauge for them a couple weeks ago but haven't had a minute to write the program and run them yet.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Yes, and Charlie to Bravo adapters are on my short list, just got the 1-3/8 32 3B plug gauge for them a couple weeks ago but haven't had a minute to write the program and run them yet.

View All Quotes
@sixtysixdeuce

Excellent news.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#20]
On the list to have a Rugged Razor converted to Bravo.

I know there was a side by side with all the Molyresin colors available and names in the last thread, but don't see it here. Does anyone have a side by side with all the colors?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Ecco has done a few things for me

-AAC Cyclone with "Hub" conversion
-Gemtech Trek with "Hub" conversion
-AAC Tirant 9 to take SiCo/Rugged pistons and mounts
-Recored Liberty Mystic X
-Beretta 81BB barrel internally threaded

All work has been fantastic.

https://i.imgur.com/Yq0c4Rs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ks7twXQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/09l9nZE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DNI38gt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AYWkElY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TWtK2EH.jpg

View Quote

@outrider

I’m curious, why and what did you do to your Liberty Mystic X?  Its a good can, but not great.  I’m looking for ideas.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

@outrider

I’m curious, why and what did you do to your Liberty Mystic X?  Its a good can, but not great.  I’m looking for ideas.  Thanks.
View Quote

I had it recored to a welded stack and now able to take SiCo Alpha mounts. Monocores suck and Liberty mounts were quite expensive. It’s now a dedicated subgun style can.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Not to hijack this thread but has anyone used their cans? How are they?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey are we getting any closer to HEMS2 re-coring. LOL? Jst curious.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By starjammir:
View Quote
Huh? First, why would anyone go through all this trouble ....not to use their can? Second, it's also going to be highly subjective as to "how are they." If the can was crap, to begin with, and ECCO made improvements with a recore as an example.......yea, it's going to be better.....

I had a facelift done to one of my 762-SDN-6 and its sounds great. I use all my cans. I do not own any "safe queens."

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Blackwind:
Huh? First, why would anyone go through all this trouble ....not to use their can? Second, it's also going to be highly subjective as to "how are they." If the can was crap, to begin with, and ECCO made improvements with a recore as an example.......yea, it's going to be better.....

I had a facelift done to one of my 762-SDN-6 and its sounds great. I use all my cans. I do not own any "safe queens."

https://i.imgur.com/pepTOk0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GRG30DN.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackwind:

https://i.imgur.com/pepTOk0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GRG30DN.jpg

@starjammir
@Blackwind

I believe he is asking specifically about ECCO suppressors, not a re-cored can.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackwind] [#28]
Originally Posted By Moto-M187:

@starjammir
@Blackwind

I believe he is asking specifically about ECCO suppressors, not a re-cored can.
View Quote
Ahhh makes WAY more sense. LOL There is their....and there is their.

I actually need to ping them on "their" suppressors and process for ordering one or....ten.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#29]
That being said, yes have a ECCO mod’d specwar that I’ve never shot lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#30]
@sixtysixdeuce which is Tan FDE and which is Coyote Brown?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#31]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By klossb:
@sixtysixdeuce which is Tan FDE and which is Coyote Brown?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219865/ACFB6565-CB12-403E-9E5C-81970C4016E2_jpe-2352759.JPG
View Quote

FDE between the black and Coyote in the center.  Though the lighting and contrast makes it look a little purplish,  it's not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -buckwheat-] [#33]

FDE between the black and Coyote in the center.  Though the lighting and contrast makes it look a little purplish,  it's not.
View Quote

@sixtysixdeuce like this?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#34]

Opposite

I'll get a fresh pic with better lighting before we start shipping out this batch
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Opposite

I'll get a fresh pic with better lighting before we start shipping out this batch
View Quote

Ok, thanks. Updated photo. I’ll delete the last one to reduce confusion.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Nick, any experience with MP5SD cans?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Mine hit the queue Mar 28. Thanks for asking the question. If anybody needs a 51 tooth AAC brake I am going to have a few. bedjr@bellsouth dot net.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Nick, any experience with MP5SD cans?
View Quote

None to date.  A few inquiries, but nothing has actually come through the shop.

We've seen some other integrals, but typically Form 1 critters or custom builds.   And of course we have our Susurrus bolt action integrals, but that's nothing like an MP5SD.

On a personal note, I have generally found integrals on semi autos to be rather disappointing when compared to modern muzzle mounted cans.   They're absolutely worthwhile on manual action guns, but on autoloaders, you still have port noise and action noise, which is generally going to be louder to your ears than the muzzle end report of a good muzzle mounted can.  Even .22 LR stuff.  

That said, if you're doing it to drop velocity of cheaper supersonic rounds to subsonic, that's a different story.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Got the message from ECCO today that my cans are ready!!

" />
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#40]

None to date.  A few inquiries, but nothing has actually come through the shop.

We've seen some other integrals, but typically Form 1 critters or custom builds.   And of course we have our Susurrus bolt action integrals, but that's nothing like an MP5SD.

On a personal note, I have generally found integrals on semi autos to be rather disappointing when compared to modern muzzle mounted cans.   They're absolutely worthwhile on manual action guns, but on autoloaders, you still have port noise and action noise, which is generally going to be louder to your ears than the muzzle end report of a good muzzle mounted can.  Even .22 LR stuff.  

That said, if you're doing it to drop velocity of cheaper supersonic rounds to subsonic, that's a different story.
View Quote

Nick, any idea when you will have the 308 integral back in stock?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cajun22:
Got the message from ECCO today that my cans are ready!!

https://i.imgur.com/3NRFBJP.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/3NRFBJP.jpg
View Quote

New life for your AAC cans!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Nick, any idea when you will have the 308 integral back in stock?
View Quote

Not sure.   Everyone seemed to like the idea of a turn key, but then the last one I built sat here for almost 5 months.   During that time, I built several on hosts that were supplied.   People like the hosts and calibers they like, so it's generally been better to build Susurrus to order on a supplied hosts than to try to stock them ready to roll.   But I'm sure I'll do more that are complete units at some point, perhaps after polling people on preferred host weapons at least, if not caliber as well.   .308 is pretty ideal, though, and other rounds in that class for powder charge to bore size, since we're effectively doing about a 15"-16" barrel ballistically (18" actual, but heavily ported from 14.5").   They can be longer, but then it's quite a stick to contend with.   The 18" barrels  plus 9" core give an effective barrel length of 26.5 as far as handling & transport is concerned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#43]

We increased the batch size to 100 at a time, so we're hovering more in the 5 month range now.   Actually had 109 in this one that I'm just wrapping, next round will be folks who were added late October through mid December.
View Quote

Whoohoo! That means I should be getting a call or email pretty soon!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:13:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#44]

View Quote

@tacolove

https://www.eccomachine.net/product/charlie-saker-to-1-375-24-bravo-adapter/

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Have email with the picture. You know. What a wonderful start to the weekend!
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#46]

@tacolove

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/413005/20220421_095830-2356687.jpg
View All Quotes

@tacolove

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/413005/20220421_095830-2356687.jpg

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#47]
What are y’all’s thoughts on this? Mine is ughhh.

This is a brand new / never fired M4-2000 that Ecco converted to Xeno mount. Using a Surefire 5.56 alignment rod. Factory Daniel Defense MK18 upper.

I think I used KAC shims to time the Xeno flash hider. Might have to pull the mount and try Surefire shims w/ bevel?

Side note, the Xeno mount was not on very tight. It came loose when first attaching it. Guess I forgot to tell Ecco to really secure it like they did on my KeyMo conversion on my last can. Guess I’ll try Rocksett on the adapter to can.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#48]

I think I used KAC shims to time the Xeno flash hider. Might have to pull the mount and try Surefire shims w/ bevel?

View Quote

Why use shims with a Xeno FH?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone had one of the old-style Cyclones converted?  I have one of the old ones, before they were ribbed.  Like this:

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Alpha, try it without the shims.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top