Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
@Mageever

Any updates on when the Xeno adapters (that thread into the back of the suppressor) might be back in stock?

Especially the P series that will fit Wolfman.  Everything is OOS now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We have plenty of Xeno adapters in stock, ready to ship.
View Quote
Thanks, but I'm looking for the DA457 P-series version that will fit my Wolfman. Todd indicated a while back that these were machined and in the process of getting nitrided.

I'm hoping that they will come out when DA restocks the DA455 HUB version.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks, but I'm looking for the DA457 P-series version that will fit my Wolfman. Todd indicated a while back that these were machined and in the process of getting nitrided.

I'm hoping that they will come out when DA restocks the DA455 HUB version.
View Quote

We're continually shipping the DA455 HUB version.  

The DA457 should be in wholesale distribution.  I know we've been sending them out.  I'll have to look into that.

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The DA457 should be in wholesale distribution.  I know we've been sending them out.  I'll have to look into that.
View Quote
That's awesome to hear. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Wolfman is clearing any day. Can’t wait!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
@Mageever, I know I’m a broken record but is there any development on the Saker / Chimera Xeno adapters as of yet?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Mageever, I know I’m a broken record but is there any development on the Saker / Chimera Xeno adapters as of yet?
View Quote

It's on the roadmap, so yeah, I could say there's development. Beyond that, I can't give out details.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Both are decent solutions. The primary difference is Xeno is reverse thread, so you can't unscrew your mount or muzzle device when removing the suppressor from the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm torn between the Plan B and the Xeno.  I don't care about QD as I don't shoot multiple rifles at the range, I would just switch at home before heading out.  I prefer the shorter look of the Plan B more than the longer Xeno.
Both are decent solutions. The primary difference is Xeno is reverse thread, so you can't unscrew your mount or muzzle device when removing the suppressor from the rifle.

the only issue with the reverse threads is you need to make sure your mount to the can is super tight. the reverse threads will want to fight the mount loose. the nice thing that DA did was put generous amount of real estate on the wrench flats so you can use a socket to really get that mount on the can. mine hasnt worked itself loose after doing this. auto zone/orileys has the socket you need for the xeno mount, its 9-12 bucks and a must own tool IMO.

Ive never tried Qs system, but the no wrench flats on the muzzle device and the voiding of a warranty with non Q muzzles (which have wrench flats, see rearden) are dealbreakers for me (not to mention you're supporting KB). dead air doesn't seem to have an issue with other muzzle device mfgs that are registered with dead air (SOLGW and forward control devices come to mind). more choices in the end in this situation is always a good thing.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

the only issue with the reverse threads is you need to make sure your mount to the can is super tight. the reverse threads will want to fight the mount loose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

the only issue with the reverse threads is you need to make sure your mount to the can is super tight. the reverse threads will want to fight the mount loose.
Huh?  Do you mean because of barrel twist / bullet rotation?
the nice thing that DA did was put generous amount of real estate on the wrench flats so you can use a socket to really get that mount on the can. mine hasnt worked itself loose after doing this. auto zone/orileys has the socket you need for the xeno mount, its 9-12 bucks and a must own tool IMO.
Isn't it a standard 7/8 wrench/socket?  I can't remember the size, but I had it in my toolbox.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Huh?  Do you mean because of barrel twist / bullet rotation?

Isn't it a standard 7/8 wrench/socket?  I can't remember the size, but I had it in my toolbox.
View Quote

No, the threads on the muzzle device are reverse threaded and the threads on the mount (that thread into the can) are standard threads. This is only a problem if you don't tighten the mount enough. The regular threads "fight" the reverse threads. You can only hand tighten the can/mount onto the muzzle device so much, so again getting the mount nice and tight is important here to prevent this.

The socket you need is a 1-1/8. I recommend a 6 pt socket.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's on the roadmap, so yeah, I could say there's development. Beyond that, I can't give out details.
View Quote

You are the man. Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, the threads on the muzzle device are reverse threaded and the threads on the mount (that thread into the can) are standard threads. This is only a problem if you don't tighten the mount enough. The regular threads "fight" the reverse threads. You can only hand tighten the can/mount onto the muzzle device so much, so again getting the mount nice and tight is important here to prevent this.

https://i.ibb.co/FXwzYR8/20211112-121329.jpg
View Quote
Ah! I definitely misread what you were saying.  You are right on all counts.

However, the fact that reverse thread could unscrew your mount or muzzle device could also be seen as a failsafe feature.  If your mount or muzzle device comes loose when you tighten the can, you didn't have it on tight enough. That means it could have potentially loosened while firing and led to a baffle strike. If you can crank that can on there tight, you know for sure that everything is good and tight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:35:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

My issue with normal thread mounts is that the mount gets stuck on the muzzle device after shooting and thermal cycling. The reverse threads obviously solve this problem entirely and I haven't had any issues at all with the mounts loosening as I tighten the can. It takes more torque to loosen a tapered interface than to set it, so the reverse threads offer an excellent trade-off for me, not going back.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]
delete
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My issue with normal thread mounts is that the mount gets stuck on the muzzle device after shooting and thermal cycling. The reverse threads obviously solve this problem entirely and I haven't had any issues at all with the mounts loosening as I tighten the can. It takes more torque to loosen a tapered interface than to set it, so the reverse threads offer an excellent trade-off for me, not going back.
View Quote

I just wish the wrench flats weren't so deep.  The Xeno needs to be shorter.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you use a single point sling?
View Quote

2 point sling
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Cherry bomb wrench flats coming??

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

On the can mount? I know this sounds neck as shit, but my 1/4" impact (turned down) is amazing for loosening and tightening my DA direct thread mounts with the right sized socket. I've been meaning to figure out what size socket fits the Xeno mount (none in my set) but keep forgetting to measure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
 If your mount or muzzle device comes loose when you tighten the can, you didn't have it on tight enough. That means it could have potentially loosened while firing and led to a baffle strike. If you can crank that can on there tight, you know for sure that everything is good and tight.
View Quote

Agreed; that is what I was saying earlier about using a socket and getting the mount on the can much tighter than you could ever hand crank the can/mount onto the muzzle device. Once I yarded on the mount with a socket, I got it plenty tight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On the can mount? I know this sounds neck as shit, but my 1/4" impact (turned down) is amazing for loosening and tightening my DA direct thread mounts with the right sized socket. I've been meaning to figure out what size socket fits the Xeno mount (none in my set) but keep forgetting to measure.
View Quote

You quoted my post that shows the socket size you need on this page (1-1/8").  I used a 6pt. Im sure a 12pt would work, but I opted for the 6pt. I bought a dedicated socket that lives in all my firearm related tools.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ive never tried Qs system, but the no wrench flats on the muzzle device and the voiding of a warranty with non Q muzzles (which have wrench flats, see rearden) are dealbreakers for me (not to mention you're supporting KB). dead air doesn't seem to have an issue with other muzzle device mfgs that are registered with dead air (SOLGW and forward control devices come to mind). more choices in the end in this situation is always a good thing.

View Quote

The difference is, FCD and SOLGW license those muzzle devices from Dead Air. As far as I know, Rearden and LPM aren’t licensing muzzle devices from Q. They’re just making muzzle devices that work with Q’s Plan B mount. If you’re licensing your IP, it stands to reason that your warranty would cover those devices. YHM also doesn’t warranty damages from third party mounts or muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, on the mount.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You quoted my post that shows the socket size you need on this page (1-1/8").  I used a 6pt. Im sure a 12pt would work, but I opted for the 6pt. I bought a dedicated socket that lives in all my firearm related tools.
View Quote

So I did, for some reason I thought you were saying the 1 1/8" fit one of the  muzzle devices, in retrospect that doesn't make much sense though. Thanks for the heads up, I've got one on the way
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

... so again getting the mount nice and tight is important here to prevent this.

View Quote
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the mount in the can?  I remember reading 35 ft-lbs somewhere but can't verify that.

@Mageever
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the mount in the can?  I remember reading 35 ft-lbs somewhere but can't verify that.

@Mageever
View Quote

I saw 35 ft lbs some where, I just can’t remember where.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you putting the suppressor flats in a vise when you tighten your xeno with that socket?

Cant see the socket being of value without use of a vise
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@Mageever
View Quote

How are you planning on applying that much torque?  Vise? Or using a countering torque

Reason I ask, my Nomad L tends to back off from the xeno adapter.  Im currently tightening my xeno adapter with the two DA spanner wrenches included with the suppressor.  Basically hook them on to suppressor and xeno adapter and then use countering torques….
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The LMT version of the xeno adapter has shallow wrench flats: https://lmt-at.com/product/ion-30/
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m ready for my Wolfman one. On the lookout for them to come in stock somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are you putting the suppressor flats in a vise when you tighten your xeno with that socket?

View Quote
Yes.

You can use something like Vox Blox:  https://energeticarms.com/vox-blox-vise-soft-jaws/

I just used soft wood for now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get a socket adaptor for a 1/4" impact driver and give it a few blips of the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have a suggestion for a 300 PRC Xeno compatible brake? 5/8x24 threading. I think my only two options are the DA "360" brake and the LMT single port brake, but if there are any others I'd love to hear. Also, if anyone's used the DA brake on a precision rig, if you had any comments or reviews on the effectiveness of the brake that'd be awesome.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think my only two options are the DA "360" brake and the LMT single port brake, but if there are any others I'd love to hear.
View Quote
As far as I've seen, that's the only two brakes available right now.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The LMT version of the xeno adapter has shallow wrench flats: https://lmt-at.com/product/ion-30/
View Quote

WTH? Where can I get that adapter?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I called LMT and they said they will start selling this adapters on 3-4 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice, thanks for doing the homework. I definitely want to get one
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah nice, anyone know the through bore on those? And where will they be available, only direct from LMT?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah nice, anyone know the through bore on those? And where will they be available, only direct from LMT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I am dense, what is the perceived advantage of the LMT adapter? Shorter OAL?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Maybe I am dense, what is the perceived advantage of the LMT adapter? Shorter OAL?
View Quote

Compared to the Xeno, yes.  I think the extra length on the Xeno is needed if you use their muzzle device.  But LMT has a shorter brake and thus a shorter mount.  The Xeno is just too long. The LMT seems closer to the Plan B but with reverse threads.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

sorry I just saw your reply. I have a xeno on one of my MG7s (which has wrench flats on the can itself). I tape the wrench flats with masking tape and use a very large cresent wrench. I then use the impact socket on a cordless drill and give it one or two tugs. its ghetto but it works, it hasn't come loose since I've done this.

id imagine the correct way is to use the Vox block. you can put the can in a vise via the wrench flats, but if you're like me, I have a very small vise, so the can comes in contact with the bottom side of the vise (just doesn't fit)
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Xeno is just too long. The LMT seems closer to the Plan B but with reverse threads.
View Quote

I really don't get this complaint. I guess I could see it if you're running a long can like a nomad L; but if you're running a L, I'm gonna assume your host is likely to already have a longer barrel to begin with..? I think my next can is going to be a nomad L and I am definitely going to put a xeno system on it, it will live on my rem 700 sps tac, which is a 20" barrel.

the nice part is I haven't seen this system not work on a single 1.375x24 can, due to the mount design it leaves plenty of room to clear the blast baffle (someone chime in if they know of a can it doesn't work with, please). My xeno'd MG7 224 is shared between a 10.3 and a 16" AR. I don't think its too long on my 16", but then again the MG7 isn't a super long can.

it sounds like you much prefer the LMT flavor anyways, which is awesome because DA is coming around on their promise to release different mounts and muzzles, just like they do with the keymo.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I just prefer the lower profile look
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just prefer the lower profile look
View Quote

The look off the gun or on it? Once installed, much of the length of the adapter sits back over the muzzle device.  The adapter extends exactly .280" longer than the Plan B outside of the can and it sits roughly the same on the muzzle device.  In the end, because the muzzle device has enough wrench flat for a standard armorers wrench, it's about half an inch added total.  With that comes the ability to use standard tools, exposed tool features if things get stuck, and the ability to literally use an impact socket if needed on the adapter.  The LMT cuts about an 1/8" off.  

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The look off the gun or on it? Once installed, much of the length of the adapter sits back over the muzzle device.  The adapter extends exactly .280" longer than the Plan B outside of the can and it sits roughly the same on the muzzle device.  In the end, because the muzzle device has enough wrench flat for a standard armorers wrench, it's about half an inch added total.  With that comes the ability to use standard tools, exposed tool features if things get stuck, and the ability to literally use an impact socket if needed on the adapter.  The LMT cuts about an 1/8" off.  

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote

Thanks Todd.
I prefer the look of the shorter LMT mount because the Xeno has that long tapered look and adds more length to the suppressor.  I know, I'm picky.  I also like that LMT has their stubby brake and therefore the added headroom added by the Xeno mount is not needed.  I realize that the Xeno needs to be longer to allow for the Xeno muzzle devices.  Deadair released their Xero muzzle which is great but it doesn't add any sacrificial baffle for the suppressor and I still have to use the longer Xeno mount.  The LMT has the sacrificial mini brake and a shorter mount.
Yes, the wrench flats are great to have.  But I don't think they have to be so big.  What do I know, I'm just an I.T. guy.  The LMT has wrench flats too. They are just lower profile.  I'm certain I can still wrench them.
I really like the Xeno.  Other than length it is far superior to the Plan B.  It has the lefty threads and just feels more solid and tighter.  But the LMT (in pictures) looks like a the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
To me the Xeno looks a lot more refined than the LMT mount. I’d have to stone/deburr those sharp hex points on the LMT like I did to my Q Plan B mount.

Muzzle brakes as sacrificial blast baffles becomes less of an issue with matched hosts and cans. I think I’m down to two, a ridiculously short 5.56 MG upper and a light magnum rifle that benefits from a brake when unsuppressed.  Murphy’s 4th corollary seems to be that permanently pinned and welded hotness are as short lived inversely to how solidly they were monkey-fucked into place, including excessive Loctite and Rocksett as crutches for proper fixturing and torque.

Anyway, just some perspective beyond visual aesthetics.  It’s good to see choices in the market place but too much of it is marketed as muzzle jewelry from Strike Industries colorful blingdos to people/firms who should know better.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#49]
So, I installed the Xeno Brake on my AR10 .308 for hunting. Now, I see the Xeno Xero which intrigues me for my hunting rifle. Can anyone verify if the POI shift is more or less than that of the Xeno Brake? I'm looking for a solution that minimizes POI shift without going to direct thread; if possible.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So, I installed the Xeno Brake on my AR10 .308 for hunting. Now, I see the Xeno Xero which intrigues me for my hunting rifle. Can anyone verify if the POI shift is more or less than that of the Xeno Brake? I'm looking for a solution that minimizes POI shift without going to direct thread; if possible.
View Quote

I havent seen any at 25 yards when I swap between my 16" and 10.3". when the weather warms up, I am going to put the suppressed vs unsupressed to the test at longer lengths (100, 250/300, and probably 600). sorry I am not much more of a help!
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top