Quoted:
The Wolfman product page has been updated with:
View Quote
Now I kinda want one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your right, I have one and just leave it on my M11 as a sub gun can. I have a friend that is wanting to get his first can and asked about the Optimus and told him for the price he would be better off buying a Turbo, some quality $200ish rimfire can and a blow out Kraken (which I think they are gone now).

That same logic goes for the Mystic X and any other Multi gun cans.
View Quote
You can still get the Kraken direct from CGS for $400 if you call them.

I asked Dead Air about using the Wolf 9 on a 7.5" 6.8 SBR in semi auto and they said it would be fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Full auto 9mm yes, 300 blk light duty is what I understand.
View Quote
For sure 9mm full auto
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For sure 9mm full auto
View Quote
Definitely full auto 9mm rated.  17/4 stainless fully welded.  It is a solid can for a subgun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
So I was looking between the Wolf 9SD & Rugged Obsidian 9 (due to it's multi-caliber capabilities incl 22 cal) but then see The Wolfman today and I'm considering leaning toward The Wolfman. Any insights anyone can offer of a comparison would be much appreciated. Host guns that'd mostly be used are an APC 9 Pro I just got (love this one!! If you haven't shot this, you need to!! Can't recommend it highly enough!)\, secondarily for a VP9 and then here and there for a S&W M&P 15/22. Open to other ideas or suggestions but I believe it's between the two mentioned.

Sure do appreciate it!
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't the ATF rule that wipes are suppressor parts and thus mere mortals (non-SOTs) can't manufacture them? Did this change when I wasn't looking? Otherwise, I'm not quite sure how users are providing them.

(If it did, wow, I'm buying a Gemtech Aurora II ASAP.)
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So, they cutting off the back end and welding up a rifle socket end and then welding a wolfmann stack in order to preserve your serial?
View Quote
I assume. I'm just ready to get it back. They have had it longer than I have at this point.

I will miss the stubby K config on my G43x tho. It was so short and sounded great with 124s and excellent with 147s.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So I was looking between the Wolf 9SD & Rugged Obsidian 9 (due to it's multi-caliber capabilities incl 22 cal) but then see The Wolfman today and I'm considering leaning toward The Wolfman. Any insights anyone can offer of a comparison would be much appreciated. Host guns that'd mostly be used are an APC 9 Pro I just got (love this one!! If you haven't shot this, you need to!! Can't recommend it highly enough!)\, secondarily for a VP9 and then here and there for a S&W M&P 15/22. Open to other ideas or suggestions but I believe it's between the two mentioned.

Sure do appreciate it!
View Quote
Honestly I am ordering both.  The rugged is better for pistol because of size and weight.  It is nice to use on 22’s because you can clean it.  The DA is overbuilt and intended for subguns.  Just depends on what your needs are or where you think the can will mostly live.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Its called a sheet of rubber(or whatever it is) and a hole punch. And your curtains closed.
View Quote
Not really arguing with that, but it's pretty bold (stupid?) for DA to tell its customers to break the law in their marketing pitch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not really arguing with that, but it's pretty bold (stupid?) for DA to tell its customers to break the law in their marketing pitch.
View Quote
You just can’t have multiples I believe

Also, fuck em
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you cite that law?  I’ve only heard that you can replace a wipe after you destroy a wipe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Son of a........

Back when I was  seriously considering the Wolf I knew in the back of my mind I'd want it more for .300 blk than for 9mm application.  Then the Nomad came out and it made more sense so I figured if I was gonna splurge on another can from Dead Air that was the one.  Now this comes out and I'd be torn between it and a Nomad.  This with the wipe would be killer on my Ruger American in .300 blk.  Thanks alot Todd lol.   I may have to revisit my battle plan here.

I suppose it might be good I didn't jump on the Turbo K the other day when it was released.  I still want one but I'll be honest, the multi caliber capability of this new Wolfman including 5.56 sounds tempting.  Will be curious to see what some folks say once it's in some reviewers hands. Turbo K may have to wait.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 2:42:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't the ATF rule that wipes are suppressor parts and thus mere mortals (non-SOTs) can't manufacture them? Did this change when I wasn't looking? Otherwise, I'm not quite sure how users are providing them.

View Quote
No, that's not what the crown ruled.  They just notified us, as a manufacturer of accessories, to not distribute said accessory any more unless it was through an SOT doing a "repair".  This was after another manufacturer (if you can still call them that) decided to ask the ATF about the selling of wipes.  Sometimes asking questions of the ATF is the only competitive advantage a company has.  But anyway, the ATF then sent Dead Air a letter.  It was for us.  Nobody else.  When asked about the Bardwell letter, well, they had never heard of it.  We decided to follow the current direction because we're kind of into living in our homes and not federal buildings.

Steel wool, wire pulling gel, brass rivets, grease, or wipes.  They're all user serviceable items.  We're just providing you one that we found at Ace hardware.  Use it.  Throw it the trash.  Go buy another from Ace or Menards for like 68 cents.  5/8 to 1" diameter.  Go have fun.  Don't stress so much.

http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/atf_letter66.txt
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, that's not what the crown ruled.  They just notified us, as a manufacturer of accessories, to not distribute said accessory any more unless it was through an SOT doing a "repair".  This was after another manufacturer (if you can still call them that) decided to ask the ATF about the selling of wipes.  Sometimes asking questions of the ATF is the only competitive advantage a company has.  But anyway, the ATF then sent Dead Air a letter.  It was for us.  Nobody else.  When asked about the Bardwell letter, well, they had never heard of it.  We decided to follow the current direction because we're kind of into living in our homes and not federal buildings.

Steel wool, wire pulling gel, brass rivets, grease, or wipes.  They're all user serviceable items.  We're just providing you one that we found at Ace hardware.  Use it.  Throw it the trash.  Go buy another from Ace or Menards for like 68 cents.  5/8 to 1" diameter.  Go have fun.  Don't stress so much.

http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/atf_letter66.txt
View Quote
Brass rivets?

I'm listening...
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sure do appreciate it!
View Quote
I have an Obsidian 9 and will be getting the Wolfman as soon as dealers have them.  They are two different suppressors to me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:12:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are not manufacturing anything with the Wolfman.  You are dropping in a hardware store part.  No manufacturing = no SOT manufacturers license needed.  Of course there is still the awkward Chore Boy issue that ATF didn't like... who knows.  We can now have SBR's... I'm sorry "pistols" with braces ... but a person can't punch out (manufacturer) a single piece of rubber to replace a wipe.

I like Dead Air's thinking, lets see how it works... Has anyone seen an ATF letter?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dead Air is not suggesting anyone manufacture anything, they are talking about a customer dropping in a hardware store gasket.  we shoot suppressors wet all the time, that is adding something to the suppressor that can greatly enhance sound reduction (I like spray foamy white lithium grease) and no one has suggested that using water or RemOil or white lithium grease is constructive intent of anything...  Jeeze, we can now own SBR's without registration... sorry "pistols" with braces but the gov makes a deal out of replacing a piece of rubber or urethane...  What is this madness?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Brass rivets?

I'm listening...
View Quote
Brass rivets or more specifically brass boot eyelet rivets were used as a noise absorbing medium in the early MAC10 and MAC11 silencers and also by Jon Ciener in his integrally suppressed Ruger pistols and 10-22 rifles.  Owners of such cans could simply buy a bag of eyelets and replace (repack) their own units.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sure do appreciate it!
View Quote
I have both the obsid 9 and the wolf. obsid works great on pistols and use the wolf on the mke subgun in 3 lug config. in my opinion the wolf to big for pistol use - in long config. i only use in long - max suppression. both cans are awesome.

well just checked...rip wolf - discontinued, wolfman is new cock of the rock. damn, only had my wolf for less than 6 months already retired. i know...new cans always coming out....wonder if the wolf can be upgraded to wolfman - for what reason i dunno?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rating: 5.56, 300BLK, 7.62x39, 9X39, 350 Legend, (semi-only on supersonic rifle ammo), .380, 9mm
Looks like they took down the 5.56 rating from there website
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’d like to hear how the rifle ratings changed from mine that should clear next month

I’d call the wipe a neat novelty
View Quote
That doesn't matter. Nobody chases db anymore. Wolfman is the shit. It is the newest, so it must be the best. Go ahead, ask what the best is, and everyone will tell you it is the wolfman, even though none of them have one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Is there any barrel length restrictions on this with 5.56/.308?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the input... hopefully I'll be able to get some hands on with them before making a call. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have both the obsid 9 and the wolf. obsid works great on pistols and use the wolf on the mke subgun in 3 lug config. in my opinion the wolf to big for pistol use - in long config. i only use in long - max suppression. both cans are awesome.

well just checked...rip wolf - discontinued, wolfman is new cock of the rock. damn, only had my wolf for less than 6 months already retired. i know...new cans always coming out....wonder if the wolf can be upgraded to wolfman - for what reason i dunno?
View Quote
I said thanks in a different post but it didn't connect to your response. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I hope to get my hands on them and use them before making a final call. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like they took down the 5.56 rating from there website
View Quote
Our marketing and sales guys had a question and we want to resolve it to provide more detail on the 5.56 rating.  Hold tight and we'll get it all laid out.  We'll probably do a barrel restriction or something--we just want to be very clear about our messaging for customers.  I didn't test it on a 7.5" barrel, so you know how that goes.   5.56 usage in the industry is like the book I read to my kids, "If You Give A Pig A Cookie".  Eventually it needs a glass of milk, then a blanket, and eventually it needs a tree house.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Our marketing and sales guys had a question and we want to resolve it to provide more detail on the 5.56 rating.  Hold tight and we'll get it all laid out.  We'll probably do a barrel restriction or something--we just want to be very clear about our messaging for customers.  I didn't test it on a 7.5" barrel, so you know how that goes.   5.56 usage in the industry is like the book I read to my kids, "If You Give A Pig A Cookie".  Eventually it needs a glass of milk, then a blanket, and eventually it needs a tree house.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
View Quote
You can give a pig a party or give a mouse a cookie.  But that's about it!

*ducks*
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
What’s the key micro brake? Any pics of that yet?

I’m guessing it’s a direct mount with brake feature? Not a QD mount?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Do we have any idea when these will be getting to dealers ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]
And I'm the guy with a 7.5 inch 556 :(
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And I'm the guy with a 7.5 inch 556 :(
View Quote
HEEYYYYY!  We've got you covered bro!  It's called the Sandman!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh Yeah!

Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Yeah!

https://live.staticflickr.com/903/41888880562_3f32079b7d_k.jpg
Wow amazing. Can you send a picture with it attached?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I asked Dead Air about using the Wolf 9 on a 7.5" 6.8 SBR in semi auto and they said it would be fine.
View Quote
If the wolfman can be used in semi 16" 6.8spc I'm definitely buying one soon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Even though I just bought an Omega 9k two weeks ago, I want a Wolfman.

I was thinking about getting a Wolf 9SD when they became available again anyway. This is just how it should have been done at launch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If the wolfman can be used in semi 16" 6.8spc I'm definitely buying one soon.
View Quote
For sure it can
The wolf9sd could handle sub 10” 6.8
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For sure it can
The wolf9sd could handle sub 10” 6.8
View Quote
Excellent.  I mostly want this for my zenith's but if it can double duty for my 6.8 pig gun that is even better.

But what is the keymicro break? They say it needs to be used for semi auto centerfire but nothing matches that description on their site.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#41]
This is the can I've been searching for right here.

I'm all about the subs and this can wiped with a 300 bolt gun is going to haunt my dreams for at least the next 7-10 months.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Now I’m a little confused - is the Wolfman more or less robust than the Wolf?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
More
Beefier
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

But what is the keymicro break? They say it needs to be used for semi auto centerfire but nothing matches that description on their site.
View Quote
I’m eager to find out.  Is it really as it sounds, perhaps a good QD alternative to the tri-lug for subguns?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
More
Beefier
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More
Beefier
Is it?  According to the specs on the DA website, both are 1.618” diameter.  The Wolfman is slightly shorter (7.5” vs 7.58”) and slightly lighter (14.4 oz vs 14.7 oz) in full length.  The main difference seems to be in the short configuration in that the Wolfman split is at about 2/3 length whereas the Wolf is at about half length.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is now our quietest 300BLK suppressor, with averages dropping down into the low 120's.
View Quote
So this is quieter than the Sandman-L with 300blk?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm curious how it sounds on a handgun as it is only 2.4 oz heavier than a ghost.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#48]
@Mageever

So just to be clear from our email, the Wolfman is rated full auto for 9x39?

On that note, is the Ghost M and the Wolf 9SD?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right, I have one and just leave it on my M11 as a sub gun can. I have a friend that is wanting to get his first can and asked about the Optimus and told him for the price he would be better off buying a Turbo, some quality $200ish rimfire can and a blow out Kraken (which I think they are gone now).

That same logic goes for the Mystic X and any other Multi gun cans.

I assume that the Kraken isn't .300BO super friendly?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I assume that the Kraken isn't .300BO super friendly?
View Quote
Primarily Aluminum, so I wouldn't try it.  I bought it for pistols only.  I've got a Sandman-K, Sandman-L and Nomad for .300.

I could see getting an Omega 9k/BH Mini Boss or Dead Air Wolf/Wolfman for .300, but I wouldn't want to use an aluminum can for it.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top