Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the advice.  I am going with the Q Cherry bomb + DM Q Cherry Bomb Ti Adapter for Omega.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Apologize if this has already been asked, but didn’t see it. Will the plan b work on the standard harvester, or big bore only?  Anybody have first hand knowledge?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Oh boy, they definitely stole the idea from some nobodies to make it round, and threaded.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Not even remotely the same.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh boy, they definitely stole the idea from some nobodies to make it round, and threaded.
View Quote
Not exactly a nobody, a big name in the precision rifle world.  If you pay attention to threads it's also a name that comes up more and more in this sub forum.  Area 419 has been making adapters for a number of cans for about two years now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not exactly a nobody, a big name in the precision rifle world.  If you pay attention to threads it's also a name that comes up more and more in this sub forum.  Area 419 has been making adapters for a number of cans for about two years now.
View Quote
Agreed. Area419 is the Hansohn Brothers of the precision world. Jon hooked me up with a scope for well below MAP when I called him and asked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Area 419 doesn't need to hype his services or resort to negative campaigning as he caters to a niche market where the functionality of his design speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Any update on a Saker Plan-B (or DM adapter)?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Got myself a plan b from Silencershop, I need Cherry bombs now though.

Anybody have any suggestions on using them on lightweight barrels? I think q recommends a .720 shoulder

I have a faxon Gunner and BCM elw that I want to put them on.  Is there an adaptor solution or do I need to look into having them tapered?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
ETA: From left to right:

1) DD MK18 10.3 upper.
2) Noveske/VLTOR MUR 8.5 BLK upper.
3) Noveske 10.5 NSR MLOK upper.

The Cherry Bomb is also going on my Sig Virtus and possibly Rattler when they are out of jail. Not sure I want a brake on the Rattler. The Sig barrels are already tappered for the Cherry Bomb.

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got myself a plan b from Silencershop, I need Cherry bombs now though.

Anybody have any suggestions on using them on lightweight barrels? I think q recommends a .720 shoulder

I have a faxon Gunner and BCM elw that I want to put them on.  Is there an adaptor solution or do I need to look into having them tapered?
View Quote
I am wondering the same thing. I have a Ballostoc Advantage Hanson barrel that I would like to use. I sent Q an email from their contact page, but I have not heard back from them yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I just tried putting a cherry bomb on a bcm 300blk barrel and the shoulder just doesn’t seem big enough to me.  There is very little material it actually seats on. Like thickness of a hair. I honestly think it would be ok but I’d rather not risk it. Seems to me that the shoulder on the bcm doesn’t go back far enough to machine the taper onto it either unfortunately but I’m not an expert and maybe it could be done.

I ended up buying a different barrel that is thicker and am gonna have it machined just to do it right.

Tried a cherry bomb on a few 5.56 barrels and it has plenty of shoulder on all of them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am wondering the same thing. I have a Ballostoc Advantage Hanson barrel that I would like to use. I sent Q an email from their contact page, but I have not heard back from them yet.
View Quote
PLEASE follow up in this thread or PM me the response to your email. I also have a BA Hanson barrel on a gun I'd like to suppress.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

PLEASE follow up in this thread or PM me the response to your email. I also have a BA Hanson barrel on a gun I'd like to suppress.
View Quote
I will update the thread as soon as I hear from them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I currently have an SBR with a Ballistic Advantage 11.3 Hanson barrel. I measured the barrel shoulder at the muzzle device and it is .62. Is there any way that a cherry bomb would work on this shoulder? I would love to use the cherry bomb and the plan B ln this rifle. If the barrel shoulder is too small would it work to put a .80 washer between the shoulder and the cherry bomb? (I know, its tolerance stacking, but I would really like to find a way to make it work). Thanks in advance for your input

There is the question I asked. Here is the response.

The shoulder is too small but let the shoulder run into the taper or use the spacer. I would definitely run a rod down the bore to make sure it is concentric before shooting. If you have any other questions please let us know. 

I guess I am a little confused. So it will work or it won't?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I currently have an SBR with a Ballistic Advantage 11.3 Hanson barrel. I measured the barrel shoulder at the muzzle device and it is .62. Is there any way that a cherry bomb would work on this shoulder? ...

[b]The shoulder is too small but let the shoulder run into the taper or use the spacer. I would definitely run a rod down the bore to make sure it is concentric before shooting. If you have any other questions please let us know. 

I guess I am a little confused. So it will work or it won't?
View Quote
I take that to mean that the corner of the barrel shoulder will index inside the female taper of the Cherry Bomb. This is less than ideal both for maintaining torque with the mating surfaces, and for coaxial alignment. It could work for alignment, thus the advice to use a gauge rod through the mount and can.  If it aligns then Rockset or high temp thread locker can maintain torque.  Rockset being preferred for the heat that an 11.3" dumps unless it's just .300BO subs. If a spacer works that's a better mechanical mating surface arrangement but you want a thick enough spacer to act well as a partially supported thrust washer because of the funnel on one side and the overhang past the shoulder.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I take that to mean that the corner of the barrel shoulder will index inside the female taper of the Cherry Bomb. This is less than ideal both for maintaining torque with the mating surfaces, and for coaxial alignment. It could work for alignment, thus the advice to use a gauge rod through the mount and can.  If it aligns then Rockset or high temp thread locker can maintain torque.  Rockset being preferred for the heat that an 11.3" dumps unless it's just .300BO subs. If a spacer works that's a better mechanical mating surface arrangement but you want a thick enough spacer to act well as a partially supported thrust washer because of the funnel on one side and the overhang past the shoulder.
View Quote
The washer I was thinking about using is a Griffin overstop washer meant for the M4SD series.

What is a thrust washer?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#21]
That over stop washer looks beefy enough.

A thrust washer transfers load from one part to another.  Shims can act as a thrust washer or bushing if they are adequately supported or mated on both bearing surfaces.

It seems pretty obvious, but I've seen people deform a shim stack with similar mismatches on muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#22]
That overtravel stop and shim set also are pretty cost effective.   I'll probably try that when I get around to swapping my mounts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there saker plan b version available yet and if so where? I found a few sites with some inventory but i don't think it was the saker version.

I'm mostly interested in shortening the suppressor and and the weight reduction at the end of the gun will be nice to. L
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is there saker plan b version available yet and if so where? I found a few sites with some inventory but i don't think it was the saker version.

I'm mostly interested in shortening the suppressor and and the weight reduction at the end of the gun will be nice to. L
View Quote
No it hasn't been released yet but Q is saying any day now. I'm wanting it for the exact same reasons your wanting it. I have one for my Omaga and it is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No it hasn't been released yet but Q is saying any day now. I'm wanting it for the exact same reasons your wanting it. I have one for my Omaga and it is awesome.
View Quote
@doubleshot00

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to follow this thread i don't have any social media.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@doubleshot00

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to follow this thread i don't have any social media.
View Quote
The only reason I got an Instagram account was to follow Q, they're very active on there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The only reason I got an Instagram account was to follow Q, they're very active on there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@doubleshot00

Yes they are. They have Plan B Omega blemished mounts onsale for $99. I snagged one for my Hybrid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes they are. They have Plan B Omega blemished mounts onsale for $99. I snagged one for my Hybrid.
View Quote
Just snagged one for my Omega that's still pending. Even though I authored this thread I hadn't made up my mind on mounting. Almost grabbed Keymo on Black Friday but SWFA sold out with items in my cart. Wasn't 100% on the Plan B as I like an effective brake regardless of blast and I haven't seen too much on shooting the Cherry Bomb alone.

The instagram sale post had my curiosity. Then the blem Plan-B engraving grabbed my attention...

Attachment Attached File

I know the Instagram story says "You get what you get for engraving" but I'm hoping I get something ridiculous like fugly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wish I needed another Plan B, I'd like a weird engraving and blems more than my clean regular one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just snagged one for my Omega that's still pending. Even though I authored this thread I hadn't made up my mind on mounting. Almost grabbed Keymo on Black Friday but SWFA sold out with items in my cart. Wasn't 100% on the Plan B as I like an effective brake regardless of blast and I haven't seen too much on shooting the Cherry Bomb alone.

The instagram sale post had my curiosity. Then the blem Plan-B engraving grabbed my attention...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73568/Plan_B_FUGly_2048x2048_jpg-717326.JPG

I know the Instagram story says "You get what you get for engraving" but I'm hoping I get something ridiculous like fugly.
View Quote
Thanks for the post, had been waiting on a deal of sorts, snagged one!
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wish I needed another Plan B, I'd like a weird engraving and blems more than my clean regular one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im just going to be pissed if they release the Saker mount in the next couple of days as thats the mount really want.  I like the MAAD system as mine works flawlessly but want to stick with one mounting system.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Im just going to be pissed if they release the Saker mount in the next couple of days as thats the mount really want.  I like the MAAD system as mine works flawlessly but want to stick with one mounting system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditch the MAAD. Do you have a Saker and an Omega?

I've been using MAAD since it came out, I've had and seen a few failures and a handful of stuck mounts. The Cherry Bomb is the perfect mount as far as I can tell. The only possible negative is the fact that there's no accessible wrench flats when the can is mounted. Only reason you would need those is if the mount got stuck inside the can, which hasn't been an issue for me. The can has never been tighter than it was when I put it on, stays very consistent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've been using MAAD since it came out, I've had and seen a few failures and a handful of stuck mounts. The Cherry Bomb is the perfect mount as far as I can tell. The only possible negative is the fact that there's no accessible wrench flats when the can is mounted. Only reason you would need those is if the mount got stuck inside the can, which hasn't been an issue for me. The can has never been tighter than it was when I put it on, stays very consistent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and a Hybrid. I like the Plan B so dar but on 556 I would be a bit skeptical due to how hot the cans get. But we will see as a Cherry Bimb will be going on a 556 sbr with my Saker.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#34]
But like i said ive had zero issues with my MAAD mount.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Can the Cherry Bomb be installed on a Sig MCX (non Virtus) tapered barrel without the use of the taper adapter?  How about on non-tapered barrels...will one need any type of adapter?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nobody does, right up until you do. I've launched a can and a buddy of mine has launched a can, it's not unheard of. Neither of us had problems before then.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nobody does, right up until you do. I've launched a can and a buddy of mine has launched a can, it's not unheard of. Neither of us had problems before then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good point. It does make me nervous.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Y'all need to be more specific when you talk about these issues. There's no such thing as just a "MAAD mount". All the adapters the first Saker used were called MAAD mounts. I've never had any issues with my Y-mount MAAD mount. I don't believe I've heard of any with the 51T MAAD Mount. And I'm pretty sure nobody has launched a can equipped with the Direct Thread MAAD mount. I'm assuming you're talking about the Trifecta MAAD Mount, but rarely does anybody specify.

You could even use "Saker Trifecta" mount and it would narrow it down...but MAAD = Multiple Accessory Attachment Device. Heck, there's even an ASR MAAD Mount, so telling people to swap from MAAD to ASR makes zero sense.
View Quote
To clarify my statement, I'm talking about trifecta.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I just tried to grab a Cheery Bomb and Plan B
by the time I got to checkout, the CB was out of stock

BUTT I did get the PB blem sale :]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can the Cherry Bomb be installed on a Sig MCX (non Virtus) tapered barrel without the use of the taper adapter?  How about on non-tapered barrels...will one need any type of adapter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I sent the following email to Q and got the following response...FYI:

Quoted:
Will the Cherry Bomb mount onto a Sig MCX (non Vitus) tapered barrel without a Taper Adapter?  Also, will I be able to use a Cherry Bomb on non-tapered barrels that have a shoulder?
[email protected]:
Yes to both of those questions. If you have any other questions please let us know.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#43]
So which FFL is willing to start the side business of modifying Specwars to CB/Plan Bs.  If I could get my Specwars modified I'd swap 9 Sico Cans total over CBs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So which FFL is willing to start the side business of modifying Specwars to CB/Plan Bs.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So which FFL is willing to start the side business of modifying Specwars to CB/Plan Bs.  If I could get my Specwars modified I'd swap 9 Sico Cans total over CBs.
View Quote
I believe the bores on the Specwars might be wire EDM cut which is why you sometimes get a front aperture that looks non concentric.  To weld a new threaded blast chamber after parting off the ASR mount and get everything concentric again could be time consuming and require custom fixturing. Probably not cost effective to offer as a service.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This, so this (Saker Trifecta).
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Blem Plan-B arrived today. Whoopsy Daisy!

Omega is still in jail so it'll be a while until this thing sees any use.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Blem Plan-B arrived today. Whoopsy Daisy!

https://i.imgur.com/YQYVOMfl.jpg

Omega is still in jail so it'll be a while until this thing sees any use.
View Quote
HAHA  Mine will be at my door step this evening.

Just wish they would get the ball rolling on the Saker mount.  Getting very impatient here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#49]
OOPSIES arrived, now need Cheery Bomb(s)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Awesome! I got the Fugly one.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top