BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's legitimately one of my favorite items I have. I have 4 Cherry Bombs with another on the way, and I'll be ordering 2 Saker modules and 2 more Cherry Bombs with those. Plus I'm waiting on a Trash Panda. So all 4 of my rifle cans will be able to mount to the CB.

It's very simple, light, repeatable, and locks up solid every time. I've been swapping my Omega between a 12" lightweight AR, my Fix rifle, and now my new Fieldcraft. I couldn't be more pleased with it, I'm looking forward to getting rid of my SiCo mounts.
View Quote
That's good to hear.  I think I'm going to get one for the omega and one for my saker k. I'll keep using the keymo on my saker 762 since it's a heavy bitch anyway.  I'll use it on the guns I occasionally shoot unsuppressed that have flash hiders.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Speaking of Q, Kevin says (on their instagram) their 556 can will use Cherry Bombs. Originally it was direct thread, so that's pretty neat. I'll probably snag one as soon as their available. Time to start saving up the shekels.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Speaking of Q, Kevin says (on their instagram) their 556 can will use Cherry Bombs. Originally it was direct thread, so that's pretty neat. I'll probably snag one as soon as their available. Time to start saving up the shekels.
View Quote
This is the first I'm hearing of a 5.56 can. What's it called?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.  Little brother to the Jumbo Shrimp?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's called the "Lefty" and from what it sounds like, it'll be Q's version of an SRD556QD. In one of their podcasts, KB says it's "heavy" compared to their other offerings because it's not titanium, so it'll be a more durable material for short 556 usage. This makes me question the "no barrel length restrictions" rating on their other cans.

From what I understand, the Jumbo Shrimp is as short and light as it can be to keep 6.5 creedmoor hearing safe.

It's amazing what you can glean from podcasts and instagram lol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From what I understand, the Jumbo Shrimp is as short and light as it can be to keep 6.5 creedmoor hearing safe.
View Quote
Correct. When I was visiting them it was explained that it was simply to make a gun hearing safe. Think something a hunter would stick on the end of his rifle. It's not for the guy chasing decibels.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Correct. When I was visiting them it was explained that it was simply to make a gun hearing safe. Think something a hunter would stick on the end of his rifle. It's not for the guy chasing decibels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking this guy needs a Jumbo Shrimp. The Cherry Bomb is an awesome little mount, can't wait until all my cans mount to it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was thinking this guy needs a Jumbo Shrimp. The Cherry Bomb is an awesome little mount, can't wait until all my cans mount to it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277473/20180805_185826_resized-632453.JPG
View Quote
What rifle is that?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What rifle is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What rifle is that?
Barrett fieldcraft, 18" Creedmoor that weighs 5lbs. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What rifle is that?
Yes it is!  

Damn.

SWMBO- "I haven't seen that one before.  Is that a new rifle?"

Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had a feeling. Looks and sounds like a fantastic gun.

Very much on the fence about the Fieldcraft, The Fix, and standing pat with what I have (SCAR).
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What rifle is that?

Bolt guns rock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's called the "Lefty" and from what it sounds like, it'll be Q's version of an SRD556QD. In one of their podcasts, KB says it's "heavy" compared to their other offerings because it's not titanium, so it'll be a more durable material for short 556 usage. This makes me question the "no barrel length restrictions" rating on their other cans.

View Quote
Has he ever given a timeline of when the lefty may come out?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From Q's instagram

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like either a removable stack or at least swappable end caps.

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Any info on length or diameter?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Which YHM can was that as the comparison?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which YHM can was that as the comparison?
View Quote
Looked like the Turbo. I'd say that with a weight difference of only 3/8oz given YHM's mount having a locking collar and spring, YHM is rocking it with the Turbo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looked like the Turbo. I'd say that with a weight difference of only 3/8oz given YHM's mount having a locking collar and spring, YHM is rocking it with the Turbo.
View Quote
Thanks.

Any idea why it's so heavy compared to say the Trash Panda? Are the other Q cans less durable and not meant for short 5.56 use (which I'm assuming the Lefty is more geared for)?

The Trash Panda is looking very tempting for use on my 10.3
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Any idea why it's so heavy compared to say the Trash Panda? Are the other Q cans less durable and not meant for short 5.56 use (which I'm assuming the Lefty is more geared for)?

The Trash Panda is looking very tempting for use on my 10.3
View Quote
Their other suppressors are 100% titanium. The lefty isn't.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]
1 5/8th diameter

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/cbhIOBL.png?1
View Quote
I ask him on IG last night what those were for and he said they are vents for backpressure.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#23]
the lefty is actually 2 and 5/8 oz heavier than Trash Panda.  I haven't had any issue with my TP on 11.5" SBR, but I've only shot 800 rounds or so through it.  Would have love the lefty to be lighter but I'd like to hear their reasoning behind this can and its specs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I ask him on IG last night what those were for and he said they are vents for backpressure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/cbhIOBL.png?1
Interesting, I see now on IG that the end cap is indeed not removable. I'm thinking about picking up a dedicated 556 can, this may be the one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

8" 300 BLK BSF barrel with an SLR titanium adjustable gas block. BSF takes a match grade barrel, turns it down to reduce weight and then uses a carbon fiber sleeve and nut to tension the section that has been turned down to add rigidity and allow for better cooling.
View Quote
That would certainly tame the barrel whip on that free inch of barrel.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Got my Plan B and cherrybomb in today. Haven't torque and rocksett it yet, but I can definitely notice the length and weight difference. Thing is sweet!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#27]
ASR has been working fine for me on several cans but I like the size and weight of the CB and Plan B.
I'll probably wait until DM has their Ti version in stock.
I asked Q for a 9mm CB and Plan B to work with the Omega 9K and the multitude of cans that share that thread pattern.
It will be interesting to see if they respond.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ASR has been working fine for me on several cans but I like the size and weight of the CB and Plan B.
I asked Q for a 9mm CB and Plan B to work with the Omega 9K and the multitude of cans that share that thread pattern.
View Quote
Has DM indicated they are going to make a Ti mount for the Cherry Bomb?  That would save a little weight and probably be cheaper than the Q 17-4 original.  Wondering how the thermal coefficient of expansion difference between Ti and 17-4 would impact function given where the taper is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Has DM indicated they are going to make a Ti mount for the Cherry Bomb?  That would save a little weight and probably be cheaper than the Q 17-4 original.  Wondering how the thermal coefficient of expansion difference between Ti and 17-4 would impact function given where the taper is.
View Quote
I think they may have done it first.
It's on their site.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think they may have done it first.
It's on their site.
View Quote
Who is DM?
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Also totally interested in a 9mm CB and Plan B for my 1/2x28 threaded 9mm and .38 rifles.  Have an Omega 45K on the way.  Went 45K for versatility in the future.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#33]
That didn't take long. ASR tube threading mounts not in stock. I'd like to hear how this works out for anyone who is trying this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Diversified Machine
View Quote
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't had any issues with any of my ASR mounts but the weight savings on this made me want one.  So just ordered from SS.  I would love one of the Saker mounts to.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Think Q will make 9mm and/or 45 ACP Cherry Bomb mounts?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
the last podcast made it sound like there would be one in the future.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isnt that the same threads as the Harvester to?  Ive held off on the SICO Harvester ASR mount cause of this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Isnt that the same threads as the Harvester to?  Ive held off on the SICO Harvester ASR mount cause of this.
View Quote
Yes.
Octanes, Omega 9K and 45K, and Harvester share the same threads for the mounts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Appreciate all of the great information in this thread and the forum.  I typically just read, but signed up today to ask a couple of questions.  I have two Omega 300's on order.  Using primarily with 6.8 16" uppers - 90 degree 5/8-24 barrel thread - replacing A2 flash hider.  I ordered the suppressors without mounts, no DT or ASR, planning to buy an improved aftermarket option.  I've looked at KeyMo, Area 419, YHM and others, leaning toward Cherry Bomb + Plan B, or Cherry Bomb + DM Q Cherry Bomb Ti Adapter for Omega.  Cherry Bomb + DM seems to be the lightest and cheapest.  Two questions: would appreciate it if someone will confirm if the Omega 300 ASR thread is 1.500 x 24?  Also, thoughts on if the cherry bomb and DM Ti is recommended or if I should stick with all 17-4 or all Ti version?

Btw, my suppressors were ordered early June... so unfortunately I've got time.  Holding out hope that my preferred combo will become available - this would be the cherry bomb type threaded tapered flash hider + omega 300 converter.  I assume the flash hider is quieter to the ear if I had to shoot without suppression and hearing protection.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Appreciate all of the great information in this thread and the forum.  I typically just read, but signed up today to ask a couple of questions.  I have two Omega 300's on order.  Using primarily with 6.8 16" uppers - 90 degree 5/8-24 barrel thread - replacing A2 flash hider.  I ordered the suppressors without mounts, no DT or ASR, planning to buy an improved aftermarket option.  I've looked at KeyMo, Area 419, YHM and others, leaning toward Cherry Bomb + Plan B, or Cherry Bomb + DM Q Cherry Bomb Ti Adapter for Omega.  Cherry Bomb + DM seems to be the lightest and cheapest.  Two questions: would appreciate it if someone will confirm if the Omega 300 ASR thread is 1.500 x 24?  Also, thoughts on if the cherry bomb and DM Ti is recommended or if I should stick with all 17-4 or all Ti version?

Btw, my suppressors were ordered early June... so unfortunately I've got time.  Holding out hope that my preferred combo will become available - this would be the cherry bomb type threaded tapered flash hider + omega 300 converter.  I assume the flash hider is quieter to the ear if I had to shoot without suppression and hearing protection.  Thanks.
View Quote
The actual male thread for ASR mounts is 1.375" crest to thread crest at 24 threads per inch. DM lists it as for a SiCo 1.5" X 24 tube because that's the OD.  SiCo in the description is for 1.375-24.

Titanium to titanium is more likely to gall than Ti to 17-4 Cherry Bomb. No issue with corrosion unless you leave it in sea water for a year. There is a slight difference in thermal coefficient of expansion between the two metals. But nobody has reported issue with Ti mount over Griffin 17-4 muzzle devices.

I'm not aware that Q has a flash hider yet. FH are less concussive than brakes but not everybody is sensitive to that.

DM has the Cherry Bomb mounts back in stock today. I ordered one and when I get a Cherry Bomb I'll try it on the Omega sometime in the next couple of months.  Cheapest lightest mount is one of Howard's Ti direct thread mounts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the replies.  That DM od description for SiCo is exactly what had me a little confused.  I am looking for a taper type mount to improve the connection so it doesn't loosen up in use.  Here is a list I put together of options that may work.  There are a lot of options out there which is great.  Pricing is what I found on the websites today and has changed recently for many and I'm sure varies.  I tried to list in these order of what I thought would be heaviest to lightest while providing a secure mount:

Secure mounts available for the Omega 300 (1.375” x 24):

oKeyMo muzzle break or flash hider ($89) + Omega Keymo Mount ($249)
oYHM .30 Cal Phantom LT/LTA Q.D. Mount ($85) + YHM OMEGA™ 300 Adapter ($150)
oYHM .30 Cal Phantom LT/LTA Q.D. Mount ($85) + DM YHM Ti Adapter ($80)
oQ Cherry Bomb tapered break ($75) + Q Plan B ($149)
oArea 419 hellfire universal tapered adapter ($40) + Area 419 sidewinder omega mount ($100)
oQ Cherry bomb tapered break ($75) + DM Q Cherry Bomb Ti Adapter for Omega ($55)
oGriffin Ti Tapermount ($115) + DM Griffin Omega Ti Adapter ($55)
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  That DM od description for SiCo is exactly what had me a little confused.  I am looking for a taper type mount to improve the connection so it doesn't loosen up in use.  Here is a list I put together of options that may work.  There are a lot of options out there which is great.  Pricing is what I found on the websites today and has changed recently for many and I'm sure varies.  I tried to list in these order of what I thought would be heaviest to lightest while providing a secure mount:

Secure mounts available for the Omega 300 (1.375” x 24):

oKeyMo muzzle break or flash hider ($89) + Omega Keymo Mount ($249)
oYHM .30 Cal Phantom LT/LTA Q.D. Mount ($85) + YHM OMEGA™ 300 Adapter ($150)
oYHM .30 Cal Phantom LT/LTA Q.D. Mount ($85) + DM YHM Ti Adapter ($80)
oQ Cherry Bomb tapered break ($75) + Q Plan B ($149)
oArea 419 hellfire universal tapered adapter ($40) + Area 419 sidewinder omega mount ($100)
oQ Cherry bomb tapered break ($75) + DM Q Cherry Bomb Ti Adapter for Omega ($55)
oGriffin Ti Tapermount ($115) + DM Griffin Omega Ti Adapter ($55)
View Quote
I ordered a Griffin TI brake, just waiting on the DM griffin Omega TI adapter to get in stock. Will be perfect for my 6.5 CM precision bolt gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#45]
So with a DM Omega adapter would I be able to use a EA VOX with my GA taper mounts?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I think only the Griffin minimalist FH and brake and paladin brake will fit into the blast chamber of an Omega with the DM Tapermount for ASR tubes.  I don't have any longer Griffin muzzle devices to check but the standoff is much shorter than ASR collar mount although not as short as a direct thread mount.

The VOX may have a bigger blast chamber but yes, it will accept any mount that threads into an Omega 300.  Energetics chose a very flexible tube mount thread.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Is there any ETA on the Plan B for Sakers?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think only the Griffin minimalist FH and brake and paladin brake will fit into the blast chamber of an Omega with the DM Tapermount for ASR tubes.  I don't have any longer Griffin muzzle devices to check but the standoff is much shorter than ASR collar mount although not as short as a direct thread mount.

The VOX may have a bigger blast chamber but yes, it will accept any mount that threads into an Omega 300.  Energetics chose a very flexible tube mount thread.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is there any ETA on the Plan B for Sakers?
View Quote
Not that I've seen. I'd say 2 months max, closer to 1 would be my guess.

These guesses are based on nothing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 3:35:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Cherry Bomb looks more and more like a great road to head down for mounting solutions for form 1's.
Page / 6
Top Top