Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the barrel restriction on the barrage? 7.5”? Can’t find it anywhere
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was tempted but my buddy who already jumped on one emailed Arms Unlimited to ask about warranty. Despite their pages clearly stating there was as warranty, the response he received was:
"their[sic] is no warranty with these. "
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was tempted but my buddy who already jumped on one emailed Arms Unlimited to ask about warranty. Despite their pages clearly stating there was as warranty, the response he received was:
"their[sic] is no warranty with these. "
View Quote
I've got an email into SilencerCo asking if they will repair them in case of damage.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the minimum barrel length for the barrage I can't find it anywhere
View Quote
SilencerCo Saker ASR manual states 10" minimum.  I would expect the barrage to be similar.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is the minimum barrel length for the barrage I can’t find it anywhere
View Quote
If there was a warranty that would matter. As it looks now, go crazy
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If there was a warranty that would matter. As it looks now, go crazy
View Quote
Cheap enough for someone else to do destructive testing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cheap enough for someone else to do destructive testing.
View Quote
My shortest 5.56 barrel is 10".

The forms won't clear before my BumpSAW is outlawed
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Hilariously enough, Midway sent me an email with "BLACKHAWK REBATE FOR ALL PRODUCTS!!!*"
(* except silencers)
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking about getting the Mini Boss for 350.  Does anyone know if the cap is removable?  I have seen where some say it is and some say it’s not.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]
How are folks feeling about ordering these from Arms Unlimited? Any orders get processed yet?
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 1:49:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How are folks feeling about ordering these from Arms Unlimited? Any orders get processed yet?
View Quote
Mine says processing. I ordered it Thursday. I don't know what you'd expect to see at this point as they need to Form 3 it before they can ship it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was thinking about getting the Mini Boss for 350.  Does anyone know if the cap is removable?  I have seen where some say it is and some say it's not.
View Quote
a dealer posted in another thread that it doesnt appear designed to be removed, but with enough elbow grease, it does come off, and that it happens to fit Omega end caps. I haven't been ablr to verify that myself, as my miniboss is still in jail, but if it works I fully intend to throw a 30cal cap on it since it will be dedicated to a 300blk host.

As a side note, my Omega 9k is way more effective on 300blk that I anticipated it would be, with supers especially (7.0" barrel). I figure the miniboss will do just as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

a dealer posted in another thread that it doesnt appear designed to be removed, but with enough elbow grease, it does come off, and that it happens to fit Omega end caps. I haven't been ablr to verify that myself, as my miniboss is still in jail, but if it works I fully intend to throw a 30cal cap on it since it will be dedicated to a 300blk host.

As a side note, my Omega 9k is way more effective on 300blk that I anticipated it would be, with supers especially (7.0" barrel). I figure the miniboss will do just as well.
View Quote
Thinking about doing the same.. been running a specwar on my 300blk SBR and that can is about the same length as that barrel..
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
My recent order of a used SBR from them, placed on 3/19, emailed about my dealer's SOT on 3/22, shipped 3/26, to give you an idea.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've got an email into SilencerCo asking if they will repair them in case of damage.
View Quote
Very interested to hear on this. If there is coverage for damage or initial manufacturing issues I'd jump on the $350 price. Not too optimisitic though
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:58:40 AM EDT
[#17]
warranties are overrated, but I don't really need another one of these cans given all the effort needed now to file for a can.  Maybe if they were going through the SS Kiosk system, been wanting to give that a try.

I think they kinda look cool but what do I know, the Omega 9K copy and short 556 can seem to be the best deals.

I wonder how many of these cans even exist, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one run from SiCo, probably less than a few hundred of each model.   I could see Blackhawk doing a run of thousand or two, 6 months later they still have 80% of the cans in stock.  Probably whey they discontinued the whole thing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone know if the new internal Omega 9k 3-lug will fit the mini boss? The Blackhawk branded 3-lug looks identical to the old style Omega 9k 3-lug mount.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#19]
It should since the booster housing cage depth is standard for a Silencerco pistons.  Thus Rugged and Griffin 3-lug mounts fit Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
warranties are overrated, but I don't really need another one of these cans given all the effort needed now to file for a can.  Maybe if they were going through the SS Kiosk system, been wanting to give that a try.

I think they kinda look cool but what do I know, the Omega 9K copy and short 556 can seem to be the best deals.

I wonder how many of these cans even exist, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one run from SiCo, probably less than a few hundred of each model.   I could see Blackhawk doing a run of thousand or two, 6 months later they still have 80% of the cans in stock.  Probably whey they discontinued the whole thing.
View Quote
If you have it delivered through a "powered by" SOT then you can still use the SS system. SS just charges a fee for it. I've only purchased 2 cans direct through SS web site. My other cans were from online vendors but my SOT processes them through SS. Easy process of all forms and still lets me use my Single Shot Trust unlimited purchase through SS. It makes it a bit too easy though.

My only real concern is manufacturing issues, not a long term warranty. I don't want to order one only to find out thread are off or some other issue and then be stuck with the can.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you have it delivered through a "powered by" SOT then you can still use the SS system. SS just charges a fee for it. I've only purchased 2 cans direct through SS web site. My other cans were from online vendors but my SOT processes them through SS. Easy process of all forms and still lets me use my Single Shot Trust unlimited purchase through SS. It makes it a bit too easy though.

My only real concern is manufacturing issues, not a long term warranty. I don't want to order one only to find out thread are off or some other issue and then be stuck with the can.
View Quote
Chargeback to your credit card for a materially defective product that was never delivered in working order?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Chargeback to your credit card for a materially defective product that was never delivered in working order?
View Quote
good luck explaining to your credit card company why you can't return it as its on approved form 4.  Maybe if you could intercept the issue while still on form 3, but you still make for a complicated situation.

EOD, you are walking into a potential headache, how bad do you need another can is the question.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

good luck explaining to your credit card company why you can't return it as its on approved form 4.  Maybe if you could intercept the issue while still on form 3, but you still make for a complicated situation.

EOD, you are walking into a potential headache, how bad do you need another can is the question.
View Quote
It stays on a Form 3 until you submit your Form 4 and it's approved. Your dealer won't let you screw your can onto a host at the shop to make sure it's threaded properly?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

good luck explaining to your credit card company why you can't return it as its on approved form 4.  
View Quote
Sure you can return it. On another Form 4.

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It stays on a Form 3 until you submit your Form 4 and it's approved. Your dealer won't let you screw your can onto a host at the shop to make sure it's threaded properly?
View Quote
If my dealer was a shop with an attached range and I could test fire it, that'd be one thing. But I'm not confident enough to be able to identify all possible build/QA issues by sight. I think I'll pass on this. Already have 2 AAC TiRant M's so don't really need another can.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If my dealer was a shop with an attached range and I could test fire it, that'd be one thing. But I'm not confident enough to be able to identify all possible build/QA issues by sight. I think I'll pass on this. Already have 2 AAC TiRant M's so don't really need another can.
View Quote
Yeah I understand. I have an SOT that I'm a responsible party on, so mine will be well tested before I Form 4 it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the new internal Omega 9k 3-lug will fit the mini boss? The Blackhawk branded 3-lug looks identical to the old style Omega 9k 3-lug mount.
View Quote
Yes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#28]
The Mini Boss 9mm/.300 sure seems to be the Silencerco Omega 9K with cosmetic differences, sort of like minor differences between car brands like plymouth and dodge, chevy and oldsmobile, etc.  (and I know how many of those brands faded away).  The clearance Mini Boss price saves about $300, or almost half the cost of a new Omega 9K.  That's a big savings that may outweigh the uncertainty over the 'limited lifetime' warranty.

I called Blackhawk(!-ugh) customer service last week to inquire.  I was told that the suppressors were discontinued but that all cans sold would have the warranty.  I asked how I'd obtain service.  The CSR said to call if warranty service was needed and they would "advise how to proceed".  The CSR said that they had a large inventory of parts for servicing that should last a long time.  That's not exactly confidence-building, but it makes sense because even if they had continued with the suppressors they would have either used their repair inventory or routed the service to Silencerco assuming that Silencerco is the actual manufacturer on behalf of BH.

I'd say proceed with caution since the story and support may change over time--but this is what I was told.  Silencerco itself has outstanding customer service so purchasing a Silencerco-branded can may be the better approach for many regardless of the BH clearance prices.  I've reached out to Silencerco several times for help on suppressor issues and they have always come through.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Mini Boss 9mm/.300 sure seems to be the Silencerco Omega 9K with cosmetic differences, sort of like minor differences between car brands like plymouth and dodge, chevy and oldsmobile, etc.  (and I know how many of those brands faded away).  The clearance Mini Boss price saves about $300, or almost half the cost of a new Omega 9K.  That's a big savings that may outweigh the uncertainty over the 'limited lifetime' warranty.

I called Blackhawk(!-ugh) customer service last week to inquire.  I was told that the suppressors were discontinued but that all cans sold would have the warranty.  I asked how I'd obtain service.  The CSR said to call if warranty service was needed and they would "advise how to proceed".  The CSR said that they had a large inventory of parts for servicing that should last a long time.  That's not exactly confidence-building, but it makes sense because even if they had continued with the suppressors they would have either used their repair inventory or routed the service to Silencerco assuming that Silencerco is the actual manufacturer on behalf of BH.

I'd say proceed with caution since the story and support may change over time--but this is what I was told.  Silencerco itself has outstanding customer service so purchasing a Silencerco-branded can may be the better approach for many regardless of the BH clearance prices.  I've reached out to Silencerco several times for help on suppressor issues and they have always come through.
View Quote
That sounds more realistic. If they just scrapped their warranty it would cause all kinds of legal issues and it looks like they know it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I would get one but I can't get over how hideous they look.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would get one but I can't get over how hideous they look.
View Quote
Get a heat wrap?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I grabbed a Mini Boss 9 earlier this morning.  An Omega 9K for $350, no sales tax, and free shipping, how do I say no to that.    For $600 all in with NFA tax and transfer fee, it's pretty close to disposable at that point.

I contemplated getting the Gas Can (Omega 300) as well, but I have seen enough Omega 300s where the tube has separated from the baffle stack to scare me aware from potentially having no warranty/support.

In terms of cosmetics, while its not the most aesthetically pleasing suppressor in the world....and I appear to be in the minority here,  I actually think the Blackhawk 9K version looks better than the Silencerco version.

The MiniBoss will probably find a semi-permanent home on my MP5K-N.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#33]
You are going to love that Mini Boss on a roller locked MP5. For a can that short it shouldn't sound as good as it does.  Direct thread it's about the shortest suppressor you can put on a .300 Blackout and it takes the edge off nicely on supersonics. I use the Griffin 3-lug mount on my Omega 9k as its all 17-4 stainless and Griffin rates it for supersonic use. For a long time Griffin had the only 5/8-24 3-lug muzzle device but I see Silencerco also offers one now.

As far as the aluminum shrouded Gas Can version of the Omega 300 the aluminum tube is more in line with how the Harvester is constructed and there have been no reports of that outer tube unthreading.  But the Harvester 30 Anchor Brake front cap is also thread locked on.  I wouldn't want to run the Gas Can full auto owing to the aluminum outer tube.  Aluminum also expands more under thermal swings than steel or titanium but at least in an outer cosmetic tube it won't get as hot as aluminum internals, and its expansion is less likely to make mechanical stress than internal aluminum parts.

The Omega 300 Ti tube is threaded and rock-set is used for thread locker.  Use the following sequence of threading on the Omega body and ASR mount and the Ti tube will never unthread. Thread can onto mount by suppressor body only with ASR ring open.  Give a little wrist snap for the last eighth of a turn. Lock ASR ring. Test can lock up, it should have zero rotation or wiggle. Shoot.  Periodically see if ASR lock ring collar is still in locked position.  After can cools down or with oven mitt unlock the ASR ring/collar. Thread can off host by using only the ASR collar.  Don't unthread by body particularly if the front cap has been removed.  Avoid putting a hot can on a cold mount.  This is true of any taper mount.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone know...

So the Smokestack 45 is a branded Octane 45 with a design cut into the 'sleeve'?

Otherwise the same as and still serviceable like the Octane 45?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#35]
The Arms Unlimited page says it is serviceable/disassemblable and the picture shows the front cap is threaded like the Octane front cap.  Only Silencerco knows what design or material changes might be different.  I'd guess the aluminum tube starts a little thicker before they machine or etch the 'skiving' into it.  Otherwise I think it would be poor manufacturing to design/maintain other parts differently. That just increases costs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd fell a lot more confident if that was in writing vs just verbal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:54:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'd fell a lot more confident if that was in writing vs just verbal.
View Quote
It is in writing... all over the web. As I've pointed out, they issued no statement regarding ending their lifetime warranty. People believed it was canceled based on an alleged phone call one person had?

There are laws concerning warranties... expressed, implied, the requirement to offer one for items over a certain value. If a company folds it is very hard to go after them. If a company is still in operation, the government can take enforcement action to make sure they honor their warranty. If Blackhawk has government contracts, civil enforcement action could jeopardize them. As pointed out. How many of these cans are out there? How many might need warranty service down the road? What would be the cost of servicing a few cans versus loss of business and potential fines?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It is in writing... all over the web. As I've pointed out, they issued no statement regarding ending their lifetime warranty. People believed it was canceled based on an alleged phone call one person had?

There are laws concerning warranties... expressed, implied, the requirement to offer one for items over a certain value. If a company folds it is very hard to go after them. If a company is still in operation, the government can take enforcement action to make sure they honor their warranty. If Blackhawk has government contracts, civil enforcement action could jeopardize them. As pointed out. How many of these cans are out there? How many might need warranty service down the road? What would be the cost of servicing a few cans versus loss of business and potential fines?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I decided to email them and this was their response. I agree with the lack of statements around the warranty, just not sure how it would be acted upon if necessary.

Good day,

The suppressor line was discontinued on the 1st of April this year,  all cans sold before that date will have the original warranty, all cans sold after that date are subject to the new sellers policy that they create.  We are hopeful that the original warranty is upheld but not sure at this time until the purchase is finalized.

Hope this info is helpful and thank you for your time
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I decided to email them and this was their response. I agree with the lack of statements around the warranty, just not sure how it would be acted upon if necessary.
View Quote
Interesting, I emailed them on 4/4 asking about the suppressors and warranty, I've yet to receive a response. I emailed them on 4/6 with a BS question about a holster and received a response within 30 +/- minutes..
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Confirmed by my comms with the seller: they are being sold as is. No warranty.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
So they passed the buck onto the distributor? Confusing statement is confusing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So they passed the buck onto the distributor? Confusing statement is confusing.
View Quote
That is a strange/ignorant/stupid plan if true. Obviously the distributor/dealer doesn't have the ability 'warrant' anything on the can as they don't manufacture anything, nor are they setup to do so. Looks like Blackhawk didn't think anyone would notice so they didn't spend any time creating a statement, so now they're making it up as they go. Might be a good opportunity for SilencerCo to step in state they'll warrant the cans. Couldn't hurt their image, and there probably aren't that many of the Blackhawk cans out there anyway.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That is a strange/ignorant/stupid plan if true. Obviously the distributor/dealer doesn't have the ability 'warrant' anything on the can as they don't manufacture anything, nor are they setup to do so. Looks like Blackhawk didn't think anyone would notice so they didn't spend any time creating a statement, so now they're making it up as they go. Might be a good opportunity for SilencerCo to step in state they'll warrant the cans. Couldn't hurt their image, and there probably aren't that many of the Blackhawk cans out there anyway.
View Quote
I would be happy if SilencerCo just stated they would service the cans for a fee.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Probably some sort of NDA that keeps SiCo from saying a damn thing about them.

Also it sounds like BH is selling off the suppressor business and it will be up to WHOEVER BUYS IT as to whether they want to warranty them, not whoever is buying the physical cans (distributor/retailer). They likely had a deal w/ SiCo and if the new company want to continue to pay for the design/support, so be it. Frankly, BH should have pulled everything off the shelves, but I imagine Form 3's make that costly/complicated, so they let retailers blow them out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I would be happy if SilencerCo just stated they would service the cans for a fee.
View Quote
Makes me wonder if part of the re-branding agreement was that SiCo would not have to include warranty service. They have (or at least, had) a reputation for good customer service - which is overhead for the business, that must be accounted for in the cost of the product. So you could make essentially the same can, and sell it at a lower price point, if you weren't accounting for those future CS costs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I bought a Barrage from Arms Unlimited.  May go back for a Mini Boss.  We’ll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered my on Saturday with about 37 left. Just checked now and they had 7 left.

I have not heard any thing about starting the form 3 just yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
FYI, from the horse's mouth:

http://www.recoilweb.com/blackhawk-exits-the-silencer-business-136393.html
View Quote
From the article it says Blackhawk will warranty all the cans even if they are bought after April 1st.

Due to that and you guys posting that the supply is going down I bought a Mini Boss and Barrage. You guys suck
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#50]
5 of the barrage left
49 of the smoke stack
15 of the mini boss
7 of the gas can
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top