Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2017 11:16:19 AM EDT
Kind of an odd combo but I am considering getting a Mossberg MVP Patrol in 5.56 to use with my KAC NT4. Ive honestly gotten tired of shooting ARs over the last 12 years but have always wanted a bolt action 223 for the range and to hunt with.

Anyone here have an MVP that is suppressed or other options for a suppressed 223 bolt gun? I know the bolt is pretty sloppy on them but its going to be a fun gun for me. Itll live in my truck and in the woods most times so itll get marked up. I figured Id run my can and a 1-4 on it. The 1:9 sucks on it but Id be hand loading subs for it and shooting factory ammo as well for hunting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my 3 MVPs is a 5.56 with a Leupold MK AR 1-4 and I always run my SiCo Omega on it.

Its a blast.

I also have two .308 MVPs, one with a 16" barrel and the other a 24".  I run the same Omega on the 16"
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of my 3 MVPs is a 5.56 with a Leupold MK AR 1-4 and I always run my SiCo Omega on it.

Its a blast.

I also have two .308 MVPs, one with a 16" barrel and the other a 24".  I run the same Omega on the 16"
View Quote
Good to hear. I am down between the MVP and the Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. Only reasons the Ranch will win out are the twist rate and the bolt feel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the MVP LR-T.  It has a 7 twist barrel and the stock has a cheek riser built in.  I'm running mine suppressed with an M4SD on a Griffin brake.  After finally getting some range time with it I think I'm going to make it my grab and go farm rifle.  I've got a Trijicon 2.5-10x56 scope on it and it seems like a decent combo.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an MVP in 5.56.  I run a SIG 7.62 suppressor on it via direct thread.
Works great. I was like you. Got tired of ARs. Still have them but this one gets more range time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top