Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2017 7:53:02 PM EDT
Just had a blast finally shooting my can. I blew through my econ hypr 147gr ammo and went to reorder and saw it was discontinued. So my question is what is the next best thing that is cheaper? Was looking at the lawman 147gr or the hush ammo which I think was like 36 cents a round.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
For plinking hush 147 is my favorite, very clean burning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Octane 45 which I shoot 9mm through, and this is the only subsonic that I buy anymore. It's quieter then any 147 or 158 that I've shot. Nice heavy 165gr. $324 per 1K shipped price.  It's from UNAC. You'll have to scroll halfway down the page in the link to find it.

https://www.unammo.com/#Handgun
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I always just bought the regular 147gr from FreedomMunitions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always just bought the regular 147gr from FreedomMunitions.
View Quote
This.  I've shot the HUSH 147 and regular 147 and cannot tell a difference in sound reduction.  Both sound great from my Octane 9.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
i use, 99% of the time, speer lawman 147grn

they also have a version that's supposed to be cleaner for suppressed use..

i also tried the fiocci 158grn but didn't notice a ton of difference.. the range i shoot at plays into it,  sometimes there's lot of other shooters not using suppressors and there's a lot of structures around to reflect every last bit of sound
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top