Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 1:41:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow a second video. About time.

Looking good. Really like to see it paired up against the Oculus.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think there's 4-5 of us that have done demos on them now :D I wish I had more cans on hand to test stuff against too :( plus more time to do the sound sampling. 
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think there's 4-5 of us that have done demos on them now :D I wish I had more cans on hand to test stuff against too :( plus more time to do the sound sampling. 
View Quote
Thank you for the videos, you always have good info packed in.  How did you feel it did on the PS90 carbine in full length w/ supersonic ammo?  Out of the cans you have tested on that particular platform, do you have a favorite?  I have a Griffin Optimus in short configuration on mine right now, but would like my next 22 can to be able to pull PS90 duty as well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank you for the videos, you always have good info packed in.  How did you feel it did on the PS90 carbine in full length w/ supersonic ammo?  Out of the cans you have tested on that particular platform, do you have a favorite?  I have a Griffin Optimus in short configuration on mine right now, but would like my next 22 can to be able to pull PS90 duty as well.
View Quote
It wasn't bad. No more noticeable blow back into the stock than the El Camino or the Kestrel 22 I've used prior. When I was shooting it without muffs, I do usually still wear a plug on the side of my face that lays next to the receiver. Favorite 22 can so far has to be the El Camino. So far favorite can on it in general was the Nitro 30
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Why did you like the El Camino more?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why did you like the El Camino more?
View Quote
I wish I had the sound meter at the time to see what one was quieter. my main reason was that I like that the end cap on the EC didn't come loose at all during firing. I like'd that it was made from titanium and stainless, and how light it was. Given that though with the Halcyon having the ability to swap the threaded inserts negating the need for me to have a freaking 1/2" adapter on all of my 22 guns that don't have 1/2" threads, that would make me think long and hard about the halcyon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
And did you run the PMR 30 suppressed?

I thought it was recommended from KT not to shoot those suppressed?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And did you run the PMR 30 suppressed?

I thought it was recommended from KT not to shoot those suppressed?
View Quote
Yeap I fired probably 50-60 rounds suppressed through it. They claim that it can change the unlock cycle on it. To me it does just fine with 50gr or 45gr rounds that aren't loaded to the max. There is A LOT of blow back in the face. Less if you shoot right handed, but it's still there, and the MRDS is covered in soot after 5-10 shots.  If I ever get a Chronos 1.4 in house, I'd like to shoot the PMR-30 with threaded barrel and see if I can time the differences in how the slide reacts  with and without suppressor, and the same with and without an MRDS.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This is becoming my favorite 22 can of all time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
You aren't alone there. Wrapping up my review now. This is a real winner for AAC, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
My SOT has the Halcyon along with Oculus, Mask,  El Camino which I' got to demo.  I ended up ordering the Halcyon as it was really impressive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My SOT has the Halcyon along with Oculus, Mask,  El Camino which I' got to demo.  I ended up ordering the Halcyon as it was really impressive.
View Quote
Wow, that speaks volumes.  What specifically sold you on it vs. the others?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I already have a Mask and if your looking for a non modular 22 can it's hard to beat.  But, I was looking mainly between the Oculus and Halcyon for 22 riflle use primarily in the short config so that and the fact the Halcyon was lighter than the Oculus but sounded just as good sold me.  Really the cans all sounded great and was very hard to discern any diffrence on the rifle.  The Halcyon is machined very well (really all 4 are well built) and has a changeble fixed thread insert which is nice.  Only think I am unsure about with AAC is warranty support as I know Rugged will stand behind their products.  So really hard to make a bad choice with these but for me all my requirements were met and with that I was sold.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Volfan25,

Thanks for the kind words on the Halcyon. A lot of work and an obscene amount of ammo was fired to bring the Halcyon to market. At the outset of the Halcyon program, we asked ourselves, what characteristics would make the Halcyon a best seller? The answers we came up with were: performance with 22LR ammo equal to or better then the Element 2, The ability to accept 5.7 ammo from a pistol-length barrel, ease of disassembly for cleaning and routine maintenance, tool-less modularity between short and long configurations, and secure modularity with various popular muzzle thread inserts. I typically don't toot our horn, but I believe we hit all of our target characteristics with the Halcyon. Please rest easy with regards to our warranty. Provided you have not overtly damaged an AAC Halcyon through use not sanctioned in our manual, we will repair your Halcyon as long as you own it. Period. Full-Stop!

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
404-213-7753
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Volfan25,

Thanks for the kind words on the Halcyon. A lot of work and an obscene amount of ammo was fired to bring the Halcyon to market. At the outset of the Halcyon program, we asked ourselves, what characteristics would make the Halcyon a best seller? The answers we came up with were: performance with 22LR ammo equal to or better then the Element 2, The ability to accept 5.7 ammo from a pistol-length barrel, ease of disassembly for cleaning and routine maintenance, tool-less modularity between short and long configurations, and secure modularity with various popular muzzle thread inserts. I typically don't toot our horn, but I believe we hit all of our target characteristics with the Halcyon. Please rest easy with regards to our warranty. Provided you have not overtly damaged an AAC Halcyon through use not sanctioned in our manual, we will repair your Halcyon as long as you own it. Period. Full-Stop!

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
404-213-7753
[email protected]
View Quote
The Halcyon looks awesome and there is a good chance it will be my next rimfire can.  Question about the it, I keep seeing reference to 5.7mm PISTOL length barrel rating.  Is this good to go for a 10.4" barrel on a PS90?  I would think so since shorter barrels are usually harder on a can than longer ones, but the video on youtube specifically stated pistol length barrel and you mentioned it in your post as well.  I bought a Prodigy from you guys over ten years ago that I have shot the ever loving shit out of and still use weekly.  It's still a great can and you guys have upgraded it twice over the years for no charge each time a revised core came out, I have had nothing but great service from AAC.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:27:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Fordkickass,

You are good to go with a P90 length barrel.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Halcyon looks awesome and there is a good chance it will be my next rimfire can.  Question about the it, I keep seeing reference to 5.7mm PISTOL length barrel rating.  Is this good to go for a 10.4" barrel on a PS90?  I would think so since shorter barrels are usually harder on a can than longer ones, but the video on youtube specifically stated pistol length barrel and you mentioned it in your post as well.  I bought a Prodigy from you guys over ten years ago that I have shot the ever loving shit out of and still use weekly.  It's still a great can and you guys have upgraded it twice over the years for no charge each time a revised core came out, I have had nothing but great service from AAC.
View Quote
Yeah I should have made that clearer. The Manual states the min barrel length for 5.7 is the pistol barrel, meaning anything longer should be OK. I'm not aware of any available firearms (commercially) that utilize 5.7 and have a shorter than 4.75" barrel :D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top