Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2017 4:47:53 PM EDT
Has anyone tried this? I was considering buying one and plumbing it with adapters to screw cans directly to the washer nozzle and pumping solvent through them.

It seems like it would eliminate most lead and carbon deposits with virtually zero effort on my part.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used a small ultrasonic for it, but haven't put any really serious solvents in it for the purpose, just simple green or dish soap.   Veeerrrrry slowly gets carbon out of sealed cans.  

Won't do a thing to lead, I would think, and I wet tumble any user serviceable baffles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used a small ultrasonic for it, but haven't put any really serious solvents in it for the purpose, just simple green or dish soap.   Veeerrrrry slowly gets carbon out of sealed cans.  

Won't do a thing to lead, I would think, and I wet tumble any user serviceable baffles.
View Quote
This. 
Wet (SS) tumbling is da bomb for cleaning baffles. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I use ours on my filthy suppressed guns sometimes, (works great for that!), but tradtional solvents probably won't do anything for the lead buildup in suppressors.

I've found dirty suppressors sound better, so I scrape or knock the big chunks off with a screwdriver or something and keep shooting with a light coating of buildup. If it builds up too much I'll wire brush and ultrasonic clean it until it's back down to a thin coating and go again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top