User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would be very surprised if Dead Air came out with replacement front caps for the Ghost. Maybe a flat .45 caliber.  Consider the issues Griffin, Rugged and SilencerCo had with replacement 9mm front caps.
View Quote
What issues did they have with front caps?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What issues did they have with front caps?
View Quote
Lots of front cap strikes. Had to replace a bunch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Deleted
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
https://youtu.be/CQfxV7_9YiQ

Here's a video of the Wolf on the MPX and XD in short and long configuration
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the video.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the video.    Much better than the "asswiper nut bag" video from whoever it was.
View Quote
I know the one you mean, I watched the whole stupid video thinking they would actually show the suppressor after the joke was over.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no way this thing is 122 db
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is no way this thing is 122 db
View Quote
There's always variation from ammo, altitude, temperature, host weapon, etc.  That 122.1 average was quoted on an MP5 and it was the average of several sound test groups, across multiple sessions and with different ammo.  It ranged from shot group averages from 120.7 up to 124.8 dB.  This was all standard 147 gr. subsonic ammo that can be picked up at Cabelas or Sportsmans (Fiocchi, Browning, American Eagle, etc.).  If you get some of that Hush ammo or Fiocchi 158 gr. then you'll get quieter results.  

We try to be as real-world as possible in our stated sound numbers.  Manufacturers play games with their numbers all the time and we're just not into that.  

Todd Magee
Chief Engineer, Dead Air
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's always variation from ammo, altitude, temperature, host weapon, etc.  That 122.1 average was quoted on an MP5 and it was the average of several sound test groups, across multiple sessions and with different ammo.  It ranged from shot group averages from 120.7 up to 124.8 dB.  This was all standard 147 gr. subsonic ammo that can be picked up at Cabelas or Sportsmans (Fiocchi, Browning, American Eagle, etc.).  If you get some of that Hush ammo or Fiocchi 158 gr. then you'll get quieter results.  

We try to be as real-world as possible in our stated sound numbers.  Manufacturers play games with their numbers all the time and we're just not into that.  

Todd Magee
Chief Engineer, Dead Air
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't wait to throw his on my Z-5P.

Only half a year or so to go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Just to add from shooting this on the MPX there was no gas in my face in either short or long configuration. Dead Air did a great job on this one keep the back pressure minimal
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Boeh Talplacido ( Dead Air dealer around Dallas, I think) has some Wolf vids in his Facebook page.  MPX and EVO short and long on each.  The long on the MPX is the cat's pajamas.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sure thing.  In K config with 3 lug is 4.70" OAL and 9.9 oz.  In L config, 6.85" and 16.7 oz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can any dealers or Dead Air provide the weight and length in the short configuration with a 3-lug?
Sure thing.  In K config with 3 lug is 4.70" OAL and 9.9 oz.  In L config, 6.85" and 16.7 oz.
Thanks for the specs. I just compared to my Omega 9K with a Rugged 3-lug and an unknown round count, 4.75" OAL and 8.85 ounces. The Wolf-9SD would REALLY kick ass with an internal 3-lug, but either way that's still awesome in the short config.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know if the Wolf SD will fit under the Sig MPX handguard?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
It should. ID of the handguard is 1.75". If it doesn't I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The diameter on the Wolf-9SD is 1.62".   Not screwed today.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I called Dead Air and they confirmed it will fit under the factory MPX handguards.  Lancer shows only 1.6 ID on their website but all of my measurements show at least 1.7 ID so hopefully that will not be a problem either.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I called Dead Air and they confirmed it will fit under the factory MPX handguards.  Lancer shows only 1.6 ID on their website but all of my measurements show at least 1.7 ID so hopefully that will not be a problem either.
View Quote
The guy that posted above you works at Dead Air. Executive VP of janitorial services or something like that...
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The guy that posted above you works at Dead Air. Executive VP of janitorial services or something like that...
View Quote
It's CUSTODIAL ENGINEER!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's CUSTODIAL ENGINEER!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's CUSTODIAL ENGINEER!
lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Didn't they promote him? Director of Sanitation, or something like that?!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's only one grade below Field Marshal Pappas, so don't knock it!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Shot in the dark: anyone here in the Houston area have one in jail or know a dealer that has one for demo I might be able to try?  I'm planning on doing my Harvey relief trip Wednesday September 13 and will have my MPX with me.  I'd be willing to throw a few bucks your way for the trouble. I'm just wanting to get a first hand feel before I drop almost a grand on one at my local dealer( with mounts). Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Hell yeah!   That's what I'm building.  SBR SilencerShop form1 sent yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#28]
At 1.6" diameter, is this can too wide to use on pistol hosts with suppressor height sights and being able to see the sights? Would be great for my Scorpion Evo, but would still like to be able to pull double use on handguns too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
At 1.6" diameter, is this can too wide to use on pistol hosts with suppressor height sights and being able to see the sights? Would be great for my Scorpion Evo, but would still like to be able to pull double use on handguns too.
View Quote
Guaranteed. My Octane .45 at 1.375" diameter obscures tall-ass Trijicon suppressor height sights on my full size Glock.

And the sights throw off the POI that I'm used to. Yay.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm 99% sure I'm buying a Wolf with the obscene profits I made unloading a bump stock.  I have an M11 inbound and it should work great on my BRP U9.  What other calibers would this be OK on?  Guessing no go on 5.56, but based on the fact it can handle 300 supers I'd think it would work OK with most of the calibers for the mystic x (except for the larger rifle calibers, 7.62x38, 308, 300 winmag, etc or dirty 22).
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I doubt anyone has taken possession of theirs, but has anyone heard or used one in person? Not much in the way of actual reviews from what I can find.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I doubt anyone has taken possession of theirs, but has anyone heard or used one in person? Not much in the way of actual reviews from what I can find.
View Quote
In two weeks I should be able to give you some idea, maybe even an IPhone video
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Guaranteed. My Octane .45 at 1.375" diameter obscures tall-ass Trijicon suppressor height sights on my full size Glock.

And the sights throw off the POI that I'm used to. Yay.
View Quote
I ended up going with an Omega 9k that will mostly stay on my Scorpion Evo SBR, but will get used some on my CZ P07 too. The suppressor height sights on my urban grey factory model just barely clear the 9k. I'm pleased.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have used mine. I'll post a video here in a second.

ETA:

Sig MPX Suppressed with Dead Air Wolf-9SD
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I ordered one for my APC9 last week.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feo9TpKSboc
View Quote
Thank you.  These videos make the wait much more bearable.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feo9TpKSboc
View Quote
I know the mics on cameras don’t do a good job of capturing what suppressors actually sound like, but damn does that sound goofy quiet.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top