Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 57
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
My Omega 300 stamp was returned in only 3 1/2 months earlier this year which I thought was great and figured I would research in case there were decent BF deals.

I couldn't decide on getting a dedicated 9mm or a dual purpose .45 can.
A few days before BF I came across a decent deal and opted to get both.

Couldn't decide between the Ghost and Obsidian for the 45 and ended buying the Ghost 45 and Odessa 9.

The decision between the Ghost and Obsidian for the 45 was very hard as there is great information out there on both cans.

Well, fast forward a week and I opted to also purchase the Obsidian 45.

The debate between the Ghost and Obsidian is a common one and hopefully I can provide some decent feedback for those on the fence.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
SilencerCo Omega 300 last week. First can. Very excited.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RifleDisciple:
View Quote
Awesome!
Welcome to the gnarly crew
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Awesome!
Welcome to the gnarly crew
View Quote
Thank you very much. This forum was very helpful in my decision making process. Great info here.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RifleDisciple:
View Quote
Good choice.

Omega was my first can too - you don't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hansohn got me with the .338 Rex Silentium can on Black Friday. I have 8.6 on my mind when that day comes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Hansohn got me with the .338 Rex Silentium can on Black Friday. I have 8.6 on my mind when that day comes.
View Quote
Did the exact same thing for the same reason.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCV_117] [#8]
SureFire SOCOM556-SB2 for my LMT
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Wolfman because why the hell not
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#10]
turbo k2, hansohn bros have them now
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ryder6908:
turbo k2, hansohn bros have them now
View Quote
I have been debating about a dedicated 5.56 can and I keep reading for the money the Turbo can is hard to beat.
Turbo (not K) due to preference for the longer can.

The only thing stopping me are the 3 cans already purchased and from what I am reading there is the potential for new stuff coming out soon.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Ho ho ho. I added a Rugged Razor to my stack of jailed cans this morning. Merry Christmas to me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Was on the fence between a Sig Srd556 QD  and a YHM Turbo 556. I went with the Turbo. Now the waiting begins.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN] [#14]
Both of these stamps got cashed December 24th so a long wait awaits.

Rugged Oculus. 22 and Rugged Obsidian 9

Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:26:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: josepi] [#15]
201 days in on my first can, YHM Turbo for a dedicated SBR.
Starting over on a new obsidian 45 next week.

I called ATF for a checkup on stamps. Told me 9 months.

SBR is due in January

Can is due mid March.
We shall see!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Obsidian 45. It's a sickness.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Just ordered a Turbo K (older model) since it had the direct thread adapter.
$324.99
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Have a Mask and Wolfman at the LGS in jail.

I just ordered the Sandman S.

Working on that next level in Asylum
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Resonator for $502

Stamp cashed 12/31/19.

It'll be a nice christmas present!!! lol

Thinking about a Chimera next for my sbr ptr91.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
Dang it.

Couldn’t help myself and bought a gen 2 YHM Turbo K for $303 shipped.

Actually super excited.
View Quote
Where are you getting that for $303?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:20:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeremywills] [#25]
Just a 1x28 key micro from Hansohn just now.  I needed another muzzle device anyway and figured I might as well check the key micro mount out.  It's going temporarily on an 18in .223 wylde barrel I've also got coming so the abbreviated larger bore diameter brake isn't that big of a deal compared to a full size 30 cal brake being a sacrificial blast baffle for a short barrel.  Eventually if all goes well its getting migrated over to a 9mm host when I finally get myself a 9mm can.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I probably got it backwards. Instead of a rimfire can fueling the addiction, it was a 45 cal pistol suppressor that got me hooked. Now i have to get a rimfire, then a 30 cal rifle can.

Just bought a Rugged Oculus this weekend. Originally went into the shop to buy the Dead Air Mask or Optimus Micro, but ended up with the Oculus.

Now the wait begins again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

@MrMONEYman

Care to explain your reasoning? Might help some others that are considering rimfire options.
View Quote
After an extensive research, my main criteria were: 1) non-aluminum baffles so my cleaning options would not be limited; 2) minimal FRP; and 3) decent product warranty.

My wishlist by order of preference were:
1)Dead Air Mask - there seems to be a lot of publicity and first hand accounts of how this is the rimfire can is the benchmark that others are measured against
2)Griffin Armament Optimus Micro - I like how it was over built for a rimfire can (I didn't really care about how heavy it was), and then there is the added bonus of being able to fire 5.56 rounds through it; the only deterrent is that it will probably cost approximately $100 more then either the Mask or Oculus
3)Rugged Oculus - every account that I've seen out there put this can on par with the Mask in terms of performance, and there seems to be a 50/50 split of owners who recommend either the Mask or Oculus; their warranty is rock solid and idiot proff
4)Q El Camino - if I can't find any other the top 3 and this one was in stock, then just price wise, this is probably the cheapest option

When I got to the gunshop, the owner really pushed for the Mask and the Oculus (he's a Rugged Dealer too); but just a little more for the Oculus.  He didn't have the other cans available, and he made me a sweet deal on the Oculus.  So in the end it was pure economics, at the intersection of supply and demand (not to mention a decent price) was the Oculus.  I didn't really care for the modularity of the can; but the Rugged warranty was definitely a key consideration since this is going to be a lifetime purchase.

I would have been happy walking out with any other the 4 cans that I mentioned above.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#29]
bought a second obsidian 45 last weekend, still in the market for another DA Mask and a Resonator R2
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#30]
SS just mailed my stamp 2 days ago for my YHM Resonator R2.  Its my first can and so far I love it.

Shot about 150 rounds sighting it in and at a US Arms competition the other night.  I have already ordered a Bootleg adjustable BCG since the PSA $300 AR is a bit gassy.  Got to get my Form 1 in for an SBR i am building.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MrMONEYman:

After an extensive research, my main criteria were: 1) non-aluminum baffles so my cleaning options would not be limited; 2) minimal FRP; and 3) decent product warranty.

1)Dead Air Mask - there seems to be a lot of publicity and first hand accounts of how this is the rimfire can is the benchmark that others are measured against
2)Griffin Armament Optimus Micro - I like how it was over built for a rimfire can (I didn't really care about how heavy it was), and then there is the added bonus of being able to fire 5.56 rounds through it; the only deterrent is that it will probably cost approximately $100 more then either the Mask or Oculus
3)Rugged Oculus - every account that I've seen out there put this can on par with the Mask in terms of performance, and there seems to be a 50/50 split of owners who recommend either the Mask or Oculus; their warranty is rock solid and idiot proff
4)Q El Camino - if I can't find any other the top 3 and this one was in stock, then just price wise, this is probably the cheapest option

When I got to the gunshop, the owner really pushed for the Mask and the Oculus (he's a Rugged Dealer too); but just a little more for the Oculus.  He didn't have the other cans available, and he made me a sweet deal on the Oculus.  So in the end it was pure economics, at the intersection of supply and demand (not to mention a decent price) was the Oculus.  I didn't really care for the modularity of the can; but the Rugged warranty was definitely a key consideration since this is going to be a lifetime purchase.

I would have been happy walking out with any other the 4 cans that I mentioned above.
View Quote
I think this is a very astute observation about the best of the best in rimfires right now.

The oculus and mask are pretty much dead even in a lot of ways. I just had a deal on a Mask I couldn’t pass up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
What is a good price on the Oculus?

Did you consider the Switchback 22 at all? I'm wavering between it and the Oculus. I do like the modularity.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Purchased about a week ago, but for my first NFA purchase I got:

SiCo Chimera
SiCo Octane 45
SiCo Osprey mini
Dead air Sandman Ti

My dealer had them all on sale at like 40% off so I felt I had to get all 4!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By INshooter:

SiCo Chimera
SiCo Octane 45
SiCo Osprey mini
Dead air Sandman Ti

View Quote
Where at?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By INshooter:

SiCo Chimera
SiCo Octane 45
SiCo Osprey mini
Dead air Sandman Ti

View Quote
I like my Sandman Ti, I think that you will like yours as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#38]
OH my...that is pure sex.  Can't wait to see them mounted on a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:

Where at?
View Quote
Its a place called Daves Gun Shop located in Holland Indiana.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
You'll love the Oculus.  Short on my 10/22 sounds just as good as long.

and full on a 22/45 is stapler sounding.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Bought an Element 2 this morning from my local dealer. I could've gotten better pricing elsewhere but my dealer has been good to me by cutting deals on low transfer fees on outside purchases. It was time I supported them. I will say stock on the Element 2 has seriously dried up in my searching. A few weeks ago I looked at qty 30 among all the big drop shippers but they all seem to be gone now.

I already have a Mask, Regulator, and El Camino and wanted something that didn't compromise on FRP/sound and weight/length for pistol use. All my searching took me back to this can. So yes, I'm one of the last guys to come around to the Element 2. @Atlmike thanks for setting me straight and sorry it took me so long to come around.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:49:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Bought my first suppressor today.

SiCo Hybrid 46. Got the paperwork filled out tonight. Doing prints tomorrow, then off it goes I guess. Maybe I'll get lucky and see it before Christmas.

Primarily was looking for something to toss between 5.56, 300BLK, .308 and .458 SOCOM, so seemed like the perfect choice just running ASR Brakes/FH's.

Already see a Dead Air Mask in my future when funds allow it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#44]
CGS Group just released the Helios QD.  Been waiting on it for a while.  Definitely built for hard use with no minimum barrel restrictions and rated up to 300 Norma Magnum.  Plan is to use this on my MDX.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#45]
TiON Minuteman
I'll be buying a second Minuteman of theirs on the 29.
Estimated APPROVAL December.

1. NFA Item: Freedom Armory/TiON Minuteman

2. Transferee Type: Individual

3. Method: Paper

4. Form Mailed: February 4
5. Form Delivery:
6. Check Cashed:
7. Pending:

8. Approved:
9. Dealer Call:
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Ordered up a Dead Air mask so it can be cellmates with my Turbo K. Check cleared at the ATF on the Turbo about a week ago.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#48]
To differentiate or why?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:24:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#49]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

To match these pieces, plus a CH not pictured. Flashlight is simply there because I took it to an alternations shop to match thread for the SBA3 SplitFix.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/E092E9E9-98FC-4A29-B5E1-8A718C723DFC-1275078.jpg

...and because black rifles are scary.
View Quote
I was hoping that was a Pen AOW
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top