BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 102
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nmxdavenn] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SILENCE4U:

Not to answer for Ron, but if the brake is screwed too far into the suppressor far enough that there are exposed threads in the blast chamber, those threads can get carboned up which could be an issue when you go to unscrew the suppressor.

Bill
View Quote

Ok that makes sense.

Eta: page ownage.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Not to answer for Ron, but if the brake is screwed too far into the suppressor far enough that there are exposed threads in the blast chamber, those threads can get carboned up which could be an issue when you go to unscrew the suppressor.

Bill
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dblazevich:
If I don't mind the extra turns, there isn't anything hurt by having 9.5 instead of 7.5, correct?

Thanks

Bill

Thing is he isn’t using Ron’s muzzle device, he is using an OCL so it could be different.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone hear of another run of the M24s? I’d love to add one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SaturationTech:
Anyone hear of another run of the M24s? I’d love to add one.
View Quote

I emailed Ron and got added to the list for the next batch just a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:57:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GlassHouse] [#6]
Hey guys, I’ve searched back through the pages since 79 and there isn’t a lot of info regarding any differences between the Ron Allen made aem5 vs trajectory arms. If you were in the market and had access to pick up either one, which would you go with? Trajectory arms version is slightly cheaper, but Ron Allen is the og. Which would you choose?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GlassHouse:
Hey guys, I’ve searched back through the pages since 79 and there isn’t a lot of info regarding any differences between the Ron Allen made aem5 vs trajectory arms. If you were in the market and had access to pick up either one, which would you go with? Trajectory arms version is slightly cheaper, but Ron Allen is the og. Which would you choose?

Thanks!
View Quote

Same parts, same procedures, same product.
RonA
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Trajectory Arms is local to me and they do damn good work. Alex and his team are very competent.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#10]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Trajectory Arms is local to me and they do damn good work. Alex and his team are very competent.
View Quote

they are also very local to me. alex and reeve are THE SHIT. they know their stuff. super excited to see them getting into this venture.

i dont have any clone correct gun, or whatever the hell these cans take. but just knowing that trajectory is making these, makes me want to get whatever host i need to get so i can support them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just a properly profiled barrel.  Easiest is an 18" AR-15.  There are several companies that make barrels, usually listed as OPS or OPS Inc profile.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#12]
12.5" barrel gas port question

My setup is very punchy, even with an A5H3 buffer, it's launching brass at 1-2 O'Clock and has a good amount of recoil.

Ordered a 0.069" BRT EZ tune gas tube, took my gun apart, lo-and-behold, the gas port is already 0.069"

If I wanted to occasionally run it unsuppressed, should I try an even smaller gas tube size, or is that the lowest y'all would recommend?

My thought is that even if I can get it to running smoothly with the A5H3 and it's under gassed with no suppressor, I could probably swap out the buffer and be back in action.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#13]
What buffer weight are you guys running in 12.7” Gordon guns?
I’ve never used a Geissele 42 spring - good build to experiment with this?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:36:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#14]

My setup is very punchy, even with an A5H3 buffer, it's launching brass at 1-2 O'Clock and has a good amount of recoil.

Ordered a 0.069" BRT EZ tune gas tube, took my gun apart, lo-and-behold, the gas port is already 0.069"

If I wanted to occasionally run it unsuppressed, should I try an even smaller gas tube size, or is that the lowest y'all would recommend?

My thought is that even if I can get it to running smoothly with the A5H3 and it's under gassed with no suppressor, I could probably swap out the buffer and be back in action.
View All Quotes

I have a small-port Hodge 12.5 barrel in a non-Gordon build with a Sprinco blue and an H2. The GP measures 0.0625" and it runs great suppressed and unsuppressed with 5.56 pressure ammo (M193 and Mk262). I think you'd be fine going down to at least that, or you could tell BRT your parameters and let them select the EZ tune port size for you.

I've used the Geissele spring, and they don't add anything over a Sprinco and standard H2 buffer, in my experience. They're expensive and require Geissele's specific buffers, just don't seem to be worth the cost side-by-side.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

Running a .062" gas port on a 12.5" Colt barrel on my Gordy......H2 buffer and milspec spring.  Nice ejection around 3:00-4:00 and not too gassy either....

I have the Super42 spring/buffer on some gassier rifles and they work great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I'm partial to the JP Silent Capture springs on all my rigs. Expensive but smooth and quiet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:26:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#17]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

Running a .062" gas port on a 12.5" Colt barrel on my Gordy......H2 buffer and milspec spring.  Nice ejection around 3:00-4:00 and not too gassy either....

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

The issue is I have no idea the gas port size

Originally Posted By Outrider:

I'm partial to the JP Silent Capture springs on all my rigs. Expensive but smooth and quiet.

I always forget about this option
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#18]
@k31user

Ron, any word on the 3rd Model / Gordon can/collar assembly?

I was put on your list over two years ago via email.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MyKACFailed] [#19]
View Quote

This has come up twice today, interesting.

The Geissele is pointless when Sprinco (there's no "g") Cryo springs exist.  The G's are actually worse, because they can be detrimental to the function of your rifle.  I've had two very well know major rifle manufacturers say that the G spring is not recommended.

We should have a community set of springs to pass around to people to prove this point:  Have a set of buffers, three or four flavors of Sprinco springs, a MG42 and a Tubbs; pick which one works best for you order a few of them for yourself, and then pass the set on to the next person.  I could almost guarantee you that very few people would be ordering the G 42.  My g42 sits unused in a drawer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By WaffenJager:
@k31user

Ron, any word on the 3rd Model / Gordon can/collar assembly?

I was put on your list over two years ago via email.
View Quote

He will be making another batch this year.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know when (or where) I can get a AEM5/30 can? Ive emailed Ron 3 times in the past month with no response.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 545superiority:
Does anyone know when (or where) I can get a AEM5/30 can? Ive emailed Ron 3 times in the past month with no response.
View Quote

Sounds like soon(ish)

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm working on a batch of AEM5-30's but I'm a one man band now and progress is slow.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you have any 5/8” .22 cal brake kits, Ron?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Embittered:
Do you have any 5/8” .22 cal brake kits, Ron?
View Quote

Those are in process as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By k31user:

Those are in process as well.
View Quote

Actually I found one! Looks like I’m missing the spacer though. You still turning those or back to crush washers now?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Timing shims only with the 5/8 thread. Crush washer will push it too far forward.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By k31user:
Timing shims only with the 5/8 thread. Crush washer will push it too far forward.
View Quote

Thank you, Ron!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Question: Would a 14.5 Midlength barrel with FSB be able to work with an AEM5 with one of the Gordy collars?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a Larue Gooseneck rail and aem5 and an idea. Would a 14.5" midlength turned down for a collar give a similar look to an 18" mod 1 as far as the exposed gas block and barrel goes? I've searched to see if someone has done this setup before but couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _B_] [#31]
"it was a good day"
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Currently prepping for rattle can job, as is tradition.

eta: big thanks to Steve at adco for barrel chop and filing form 4.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Three0h8:
I have a Larue Gooseneck rail and aem5 and an idea. Would a 14.5" midlength turned down for a collar give a similar look to an 18" mod 1 as far as the exposed gas block and barrel goes? I've searched to see if someone has done this setup before but couldn't find anything.
View Quote

Gas port on mid-length is at 9”.  Do you know what the length of the side and bottom rails are?  Using this picture it looks to me like the gas block on a mid length would be exposed under the gooseneck

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By _B_:
"it was a good day"
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236052/IMG_2035_jpeg-2815489.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236052/IMG_2036_jpeg-2815490.JPG

Currently prepping for rattle can job, as is tradition.

eta: big thanks to Steve at adco for barrel chop and filing form 4.
View Quote

Awesome setup with modern takes.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#34]
What’s everybody doing to clean carbon out of their AEM5s?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
View Quote

@rbutcher I have a simple solution that works extremely well
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

A mag dump?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

A mag dump?
View Quote

Haha no once I was restoring a badly carbon caked NT4 FH and stumbled upon vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. It had been soaking for a few hours before I showed the bros during a scraping/renewing mixture procedure, and @rbutcher informed me just how badly I'd fucked up. Opened windows and cleaned/disposed of the indiscretion properly.

Haven't grown any extra appendages, but I was already an ugly MF so I can't definitively say I didn't suffer any adverse effects
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey I’m thinking of threading a profiling my 20 Noveske varmint barrel for the aem5 . The rail is 17’’ so they’re only 3.25” clearance . Will this be enough to make this work . I love this rifle very accurate but it always bothered me that it wasn’t threaded . It looks great when I mock it up .
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#39]
By the skin of your teeth. Ron’s AEM5 print specs 3.2” minimum from muzzle while still employing the SPR collar: http://aesuppressors.com/images/sprdrawing.jpg
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#40]
Gentlemen, I have learned a valuable lesson:

Do not use Vibra-TITE VC-3 to secure the suppressor collar. I’m in the process of swapping out my handguard and the collar is refusing to budge.

Got the bbl in the freezer and plan to hit the collar with a propane torch tomorrow. Any other tips or tricks for removing a particularly stubborn collar?

And yes the set screw has been removed.

ETA: The fix, unsurprisingly, was heat. 🔥
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Sinfulsilence:
Hey I’m thinking of threading a profiling my 20 Noveske varmint barrel for the aem5 . The rail is 17’’ so they’re only 3.25” clearance . Will this be enough to make this work . I love this rifle very accurate but it always bothered me that it wasn’t threaded . It looks great when I mock it up . https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/458187/IMG_1887-2818159.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/458187/IMG_1890-2818166.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/458187/IMG_1891-2818157.jpg
View Quote

Should be file. Suppressor is ~2 5/8” from the bare muzzle. The 3.2” measurement is to a gas block so it does interfere with the collar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#42]
If you go to our website and click suppressors, then click AE30, there is a drawing for the barrel profile. The same profile works for the AEM5. You can thread it 5/8-24 and use a 5/8 thread brake, or thread it 1/2-28 and use a regular brake.
Barrel would need to be .925 minimum.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Received and ADCO shipping notice
Gordon upper en route
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:37:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK3110] [#44]

AEM5-30 on a 6.5CM.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Would a 14.5" midlength and a 11.75" rail have enough room to mount the aem5? I'm wanting to cut down a Geissele MK16 to 11.75 so it doesn't interrupt any of the mlok slots and I think my math puts the suppressor .1 away from the rail I just wanted to double check before committing to both the rail chop and barrel profiling.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Three0h8:
Would a 14.5" midlength and a 11.75" rail have enough room to mount the aem5? I'm wanting to cut down a Geissele MK16 to 11.75 so it doesn't interrupt any of the mlok slots and I think my math puts the suppressor .1 away from the rail I just wanted to double check before committing to both the rail chop and barrel profiling.
View Quote

Not what you asked, but kind of related.  

You can have a mid-gas barrel cut to 13.2X” and use a tapered gas block with standard 10.5” Mk16 to get a flush fit.

I put this together just to see if it worked:

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have a ballpark figure of what Ops Inc 12th models sell for these days?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Not what you asked, but kind of related.  

You can have a mid-gas barrel cut to 13.2X" and use a tapered gas block with standard 10.5" Mk16 to get a flush fit.

I put this together just to see if it worked:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/2DD5EDD7-AB83-447C-AE01-2AC3CA3E483C-2821967.jpg
View Quote
That rustles my jimmies
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StampCollector87:
View Quote

An Allen Engineering manufactured? About 700-750
An actual Ops marked one? No clue
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By StampCollector87:
View Quote

Kind of depends on where it's been. If it was originally sold to mil. it will probably sell for more than one that was originally sold to a guy playing call of duty in his parents basement.
Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top