Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 5:32:56 AM EDT
I've been looking at www.ar-7.com
And it seems cool.I have a few questions for users of this weapon.How does it hold up to heavy use? (lots of firing,lots of outings into the wild) does it hold up as well as a "standard" semi-auto .22 rifle? Anything I should know about it? accurate? sights any good?
Magazines? how fast/easy is assembly? is this rifle as neat as it appears to be? I'd REALLY appreciate your comments,as my local shop has a few laying around and It seems like a good investment,as I cannot bring my AR-15 to California (the AR-7 is cali legal right?)
and I plan to do some camping/hiking when I'm there,and a super-light .22 would seem to be a VERY useful device.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:10:16 AM EDT
Get a pre-ban Ruger 12-22 stainless with a Butler Creek folding stock. Keep the sporting stock for target use. You will be very happy!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:10:47 AM EDT
That should read 10-22
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:14:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2002 8:15:21 AM EDT by MC_Man]
I just purchased the Henry version of the AR-7. Cool little rifle. Barrel is teflon-coated, stock is plastic. It floats whether disassembled or not. As far as holding up, only time will tell. Overall fit and finish look good. Cost me $160. Comes in black, silver, or camo. I got the silver... only one I could get at the time.

Edited to say Henry calls it the Henry Survival Rifle.
Top Top