Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 2:35:45 AM EDT
I got a VEPR II from Robinson Armament last year with my "stimulate the economy" tax refund.  I pretty much have it set up the way I want.  I thought I'd show it off for anyone interested.  I added a Kobra red dot sight and a Harris bipod.  Sorry, I'm not that great of a photographer.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet! How's she shoot?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
USPC40,  That sure is a sweet shooter!  I purchased a VEPR II 308 last year and absolutely love it.  I plan on sending it to Krebs custom gunsmithing to have it accept M-14 mags.  I also plan on getting a Harris bipod installed on my VEPR.
Nice Pics!!
Tracker
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sweet! How's she shoot?

Amazingly, I get groups as tight as my AR-15. It's the most beautiful AK variant I've ever seen.  The workmanship is fantastic.  She's build like a tank too.  Plus, she cost almost half as much as my Bushmaster.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine:

That's a VersaPod on it at the moment. I also have the side-rail scope mount, but it puts your head in an awkward position and even with a 32mm bell, made the iron sights very difficult to use.

Accuracy with the iron sights was what you would expect from a good quality rifle with crappy ammo; 3"-4" groups fired from an unsupported rest at 100 yards.

I like to use the Bulgarian plastic waffle mags too; they match up well with the gun. But it works with all the other AK mags I have, including the 100 round drum.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top