Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2002 2:35:45 AM EDT
I got a VEPR II from Robinson Armament last year with my "stimulate the economy" tax refund. I pretty much have it set up the way I want. I thought I'd show it off for anyone interested. I added a Kobra red dot sight and a Harris bipod. Sorry, I'm not that great of a photographer.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:53:47 AM EDT
Sweet! How's she shoot?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:15:15 AM EDT
USPC40, That sure is a sweet shooter! I purchased a VEPR II 308 last year and absolutely love it. I plan on sending it to Krebs custom gunsmithing to have it accept M-14 mags. I also plan on getting a Harris bipod installed on my VEPR.
Nice Pics!!
Tracker
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:07:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stratsandaks:
Sweet! How's she shoot?

Amazingly, I get groups as tight as my AR-15. It's the most beautiful AK variant I've ever seen. The workmanship is fantastic. She's build like a tank too. Plus, she cost almost half as much as my Bushmaster.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2002 2:22:03 PM EDT by DavidC]
Here's mine:

That's a VersaPod on it at the moment. I also have the side-rail scope mount, but it puts your head in an awkward position and even with a 32mm bell, made the iron sights very difficult to use.

Accuracy with the iron sights was what you would expect from a good quality rifle with crappy ammo; 3"-4" groups fired from an unsupported rest at 100 yards.

I like to use the Bulgarian plastic waffle mags too; they match up well with the gun. But it works with all the other AK mags I have, including the 100 round drum.

Top Top