Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 6:15:39 PM EDT
Hello,
    I've been giving myself a headache trying to figure out a way to clean the chamber on an Hk91 (Springfield SAR-8) especially behind the trunion.  It's absolutely caked in carbon.  On the SAR-8 are two retaining pins for the receiver, would I be able to punch those out to get in to clean the receiver/trunion better, or am I just shit out of luck?  Help would be greatly appreciated.  

--Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If your talking about the two pins that hold the trunion to the receiver, Leave them alone.

If your talking about the buttstock pins, yes you will need to push them out by hand to get the bolt out.

You do know that you can buy a brush to clean the trunion.  Just spray it down with CLP and let it sit for a few, then just spin the brush.   Then just put a cloth on the bruch and spin agian to get most of the slime.The real bitch is getting the Q-tips in to get the "last" of the slime out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top