Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2002 4:22:19 PM EDT
Well I took my son ( he will be 9 in April) out to the local range to try out his AR lower.

We just got the Parts Kit and CAR stock kit from the EE boards this past week and put it on an Eagle arms Lower.

I have not gotten him an upper yet ( plan on building a 14.5" Flat top over the next few years)
Anyway we slapped on my Oly 20" upper and away we went.

At first we tried the stock at the Second position ( from closed). He did not print on target.

So we collapsed it fully and BINGO!!! BULLSEYE at 50 m!! Wooo Hooo...

I took some Pictures and will scan them once they are developed.

We found that he had to position his head the same as me to print on the paper. That is with his nose just about touching the charging handle.

The best part of the day was the positive attention he received from other shooters. One other guy with a tricked out Free float bull barrel AR even let him take a couple of shots off the bench.

This is the best father and son project I could think of....when we are finished we will have assembled every single part on it. He is very happy and will be taking his target to school with him on Monday.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:21:49 PM EDT
Cool, cars are also fun father son projects, hopefully his school isn't run by idiots and won't freak out about a shot up paper target.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:19:22 PM EDT
LOL greg....no they are pretty cool considering that this is Canada.

So far he has done a few reports on his experiences at my clubs Jr Rifle Program that recieved positive results.

Top Top