Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 1:25:58 PM EDT
Who makes the best AK47 mags? I have 5 mags that say made in china on the floor plate and 2 mags that have no markings but have a rib down the back of the mag. The 2 with the rib seem to have a looser fit but they feed just fine. What about russian or bulgarian mags? Are they pretty good? How about the synthetic waffle mags? I've never seen one up close but I was thinking about ordering them from CDNN if they are any good.

Anyone have a preference on AK47 mags??
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
All AK mags are good except for the American made ones like USA or whoever it was making them here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Night-
www.k-varcorp.com will probably beat CDNN's price on those mags. And if you shop around you can probably beat K-Var's price. The mags you have with the ribs are most likely East German. They have a good rep. I have purchased a pantload of the Bulgarian plastic "waffle" mags and the Bulgarian steel mags from various sources and all were excellent.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Night.-
Yep. I see that K-Var will sell you that mag for exactly half what CDNN is asking.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
From a quality issue, i prefer the Bulgarian magazines

Generally though magazines of eastern European or Russian if you can find them manufacture tend to be the better ones.

The Chinese mags although they usually work always look really cheesy to me.
On the Bulgarian magazines steel or polymere waffle mags you will be hard pressed to find a higher quality magazine fit and finish on them are superb.

What a lot of people like about the Bulgarian waffle type mags are that they usually don't rattle or move around as much on the rifle like most steel magazines do. you can also find them floating around in different colors like white, green, tan and such

I also highly suggest you snag a few Yugoslavian 20 round magazines their great for bench shooting.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking for AK mags, don't forget to check out Bishop223's ad in the Equipment Exchange.  I think he has some good deals on the Bulgie Waffles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top