Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 6:00:33 PM EDT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any input on which .22lr conversion kits for AR-15's are the best? Does anyone make a .22 upper? Do they have a webpage?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Ciener conversion kit, and I love mine. They run about $150-$180 but IMO are well worth it. Sometimes the 30 round mags need a little tweaking on the feed lips to function 100%, but it's not that big of a deal.

As far as uppers, there are a few companies making them but they usually are a bit pricey if you ask me. They're great if you need match grade accuracy out of it. But if not there are other routes you can go.

I've got an upper pieced together with an old rec. with no brass defelector or forward assist. If you look around you could probably put together a blaster for about $200.

A friend of mine put together a few with old uppers and used barrels that looked shot out, and still got real decent accuracy at 25 yards. Not match grade, but still real good.

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got one too.. works good on semi and full-auto.
There are some tricks to fine tune them but mine runs pretty good right out the box.
They are ammo sensitive. Remington thunderbolt seems to be pretty good though.

This guy has good prices and great service.
He gives a discount for ar15.com members
www.TripleBreakProducts.com

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I also have the Ceiner.  I must say It is a lot of fun to shoot 500 rounds for under 10 bucks.  I have had a couple of jams but it was because I was resting my rifle on the mag.  once i realized it and stopped doing it, flawless for the other 480 rounds.  
I got mine from Armalite for 179 including a 30 rounder.  There is a guy on EE selling one with 2 30 rounders for 200 bucks.  If I hadn't just got this one, I would jump on it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Try compasslake.com for a .22 upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top