Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 4:26:03 PM EDT
I have now put 700 rounds or so through my 597 standard model, and I am not impressed.  I cannot honestly recall making it through a fully loaded magazine without at least one failure to eject.  Basically, a lot of the ejected cases are getting stuck between the bolt face and the barrel extension, perpendicular to the bolt, hanging out of the ejection port.  It is an easy to clear jam, but its a total pain in the ass.  Any recommendations? (Remington is sending me a new metal mag, so hopefully that will help)
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
http://597.iwarp.com/  check this site out it might help
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
597.iwarp.com/

I, too, have experienced the jamming in my 597.
Be aware that Remington has designed a new metal magazine for the 597 that might cure the problems.
I think the rifle is bitchin', the plastic mags suck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some "issues" with mine while breaking in--alot of failures to feed and eject.  One BIZARRE problem was while rapid firing, I pulled the trigger and nothing happened.  The bolt was not in battery, and pull it back, TWO cases came out.  Dropping the magazine and locking the bolt open, I found THREE MORE cases inside the receiver!

Small wonder it didn't go into battery.

Since that incident, (another few hundred rounds) I haven't had a single problem.

And yeah, I agree, the magazines suck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
597.iwarp.com/

I, too, have experienced the jamming in my 597.
Be aware that Remington has designed a new metal magazine for the 597 that might cure the problems.
I think the rifle is bitchin', the plastic mags suck. hr

well when I contacted remington explaining it, they thought the mags could be the cause, and they are mailing me one, for free I might add.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Hehehehe!!!!

Thats the same reason I sold that P.O.S. to my brother!!!!!!!!!

Jarhead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top