Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 7:26:14 AM EDT
I've been racking my brains and the web, but I cannot remember where I saw this.

It is a modern (some sort of plastic/polymer) stock for a Mauser 98k, and it's kind of neat, with a long scope rail on top.  I thought I saw it in a Tapco catalog, but cannot find it anywhere.  

I just got an Israeli 98k in .308 that would be perfect for a new stock like that, since it is such a bastardized rifle anyway.  

Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
CDNN Investments has a pretty cool one.

Mauser Scout Stock: $79.99

Fits both M48 and K98

www.cdnninvestments.com
1-800-588-9500
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got the new tapco catalog and they have it.. But you might need the $15 dollar bent bolt converion kit? They have that also.

HTH
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 22-250 bull set in a Ramline grey stock, and a 30-06 in a Bell-Carlson. Refer to the Midway catalog for a list of stocks or Brownells.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome - thanks everyone.

I THOUGHT I had seen it in the tapco catalog, I just can't find it on their web page.

Thanks again - it looks like it'll work with my existing 98k bolt.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the scope mount rail is plastic too, if that makes a difference to you...

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.atigunstocks.com/

Anyone have this setup? Pros/ cons? How hard is it to change the bolt?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Also note the scope/mounts are not attached to rifle. Might kinda/sorta work with a red dot. IMHO ATI products leave a bit to be desired in the quality and execution dept...
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I looked at the instructions for installing it on www.atigunstocks.com/ and there is some big clamp that you attach tightly to the barrel/receiver, and then screw the upper part w. that rail onto that.  Probably not perfect for super-precision shooting, but good enough for an old 98k, so I'm going to try it.

Tapco does have them for $69.95, but they're backordered.  I put in an order, so when I eventually get it, I'll try to post a picture or a review or something.

Thanks again to everyone that was so fast in helping me find it.  Ar15.com really is amazing, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I got to shoot this setup a few months ago. It had a regular sporting scope on top and was using new manufactured hunting ammo. I hit a small metal target at 150 yards in one shot. It was my only one, but it was a good one. Recently a friend of mine did this with a Turkish Muauser. He hasn't had the same luck with it so far. He's added a Reddot and has been getting descent groups at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I was hoping you guys would turn up a sniper/varmint stock that fit the 98. I love the 96 and and 98 actions, and have a Steyr in .308 that I want to accurize to shoot alongside my FAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top