Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2002 10:04:15 AM EDT
no perverts need apply here-
I have been unable to install 'the gapper' into the gap of my BM pistol grip/receiver.

It looks like it would make the grip alot more comfortable...if I could install the damned thing! Any tips or tricks for getting the little bastard installed?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:11:23 AM EDT
Just stick it in there. Right in between the front of the pistol grip and the back edge of the fold-down trigger guard. It fills in the hole in between the "ears" for the trigger guard, the ones that wear through your knuckle. It may need a little trimming.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:24:26 AM EDT
The dang thing really won't fit in there, and I have tried putting CLP on it.

I'll try trimming it, and then we'll see what happens. I was afraid to trim it before I tried everything else possible. Perhaps putting it in the freezer would shrink it down enough to fit without trimmning...
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:25:13 AM EDT
I found it easier to install when I backed the pistol grip screw out a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:58:43 PM EDT
When I put one on my Dissipator it was a little tight but it finally popped into place. Loosening the grip screw does sound like it might help a little.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:31:48 PM EDT
Remember, the longer of the two "leaf's" will be touching your middle finger when installed correctly and you are gripping your gun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:37:37 PM EDT
that's not what the instructions say- they show the whole damned thing inside the grip gap. there should be no leaf hanging out
Top Top