Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 7:14:06 AM EDT
I am thinking of building a new AR15.

I am tempted to start with a Rock River Lower and finisg with a Bushy Upper.

What is the quality of  Rock River Lower?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I just finished that exact combination and the fit and finish matched up perfectly.  I built an M4 A3 bushmaster kit onto a RRA stripped that I got from "Pete in NH", he has them at good prices and his service is fast and very professional.  Go for it, it was very easy for me with the information I downloaded here at AR15.com on  building lowers etc. and you can do the whole build with common tools you have aroung the house if you  are somewhat handy and can follow the directions found here.  Good luck and have fun, I did.

TIM
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent.  As good or better IMO than Bushmaster.  This past weekend I built both a RRA and a Bushy and the RRA sure went together easier than the Bushy.  Used a Bushy parts kit on the Bushy and an Armalite kit on the RRA.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I got 2 RRA lowers last month and they seem to be BM clones....Cant tell them from my BM lowers.
Only have one gun built on these lowers but it went together like clockwork!!!!
Buy with confidence.

Axeldawg
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked-up my first RRA lower last night.  It's their National Match lower with a two-stage trigger.  My initial impression is that RRA is as good as my Bushmaster lowers.  The fit with my RRA upper is nice and tight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Picked up 2 RRA NM complete lowers for under $600.  Both matched finish and fit perfectly to my RRA DCM upper (paid less than $600) and RRA SST Carbine upper($430). Ironically, for pieces I paid $300 less for the DCM and $250 less for the carbine off of MSRP.  Do not think I will ever buy a complete AR ever again.  Besides, putting them together is half the fun.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the same thing with my RRA lower from Pete and my Bushy X1A signature upper from Kiesler's.  Perfect match of the two in every way.  I have nothing but good things to say about Pete in NH.  

toast
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top