Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 7:34:52 PM EDT
All,

Well, I posted a short while ago that I purchased a "new" demo Bushmaster Shorty.  I'm now posting the results my first outing with it last Saturday.  I lube it up, wiped it down picked up 500 rounds of .223 UMC and headed for the AZ desert.  

1st Magazine USGI 30rd, fully loaded.  Fired first magazine slow to get a feel for the gun and establish group size at 100 yards.  I found I needed to elevate the rear sight to bring my groups to poa.  No Stoppages.  The groups were tight.

2nd Magazine 30rd fired at various distances so as to continue getting a feel for the rifle.  No Stoppages and regular hits on targets.

3rd Magazine 30rd fired at a quicker pace, but not rapid.  No stoppages barrel is warm now.

Next 14 boxes of ammo fired at various rates of fire.  No stoppages.  It is no longer fun to touch the barrel.

Took a 1hour & 15 minute break--scoped around and ate lunch.

Barrel is cool now.  Some fouling apparent when examining chamber (duh)  Sweet smell of burnt gunpowder.

Next 6-1/2 boxes RAPID fire.  Guess what!!!  NO stoppages of any kind.  This AR is a keeper. :)
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I purchased a "new" demo Bushmaster Shorty.  Next 6-1/2 boxes RAPID fire.  Guess what!!!  NO stoppages of any kind.  This AR is a keeper. :)

Amen!! You did good by picking the Bushy!! I have NEVER, NOT EVEN ONCE had any stoppage out of my Bushy!! I have used ammo that others won't run, mags that others can't use, you name it. She just keeps a hummin' along!!

Congrats on your investment and Happy Shooting!!

DK out.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto on the Bushie sentiments. I own 2, a pre & post ban. I have never once had a stoppage from either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ditto on the Bushie sentiments. I own 2, a pre & post ban. I have never once had a stoppage from either.

amen!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top