Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 3:17:43 PM EDT
FN's website claims these are tightly controled by the ATF and must be transfered on a form 6 to a PD. Why? If a Five-Seven was to be transfered to a PD could the PD then sell it to a civilian?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
FN's website claims these are tightly controled by the ATF and must be transfered on a form 6 to a PD. Why? If a Five-Seven was to be transfered to a PD could the PD then sell it to a civilian?

No!  Besides you couldn't get the ammo anyway!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't need to shoot it. I just want one. Why could it not be sold once legally imported? Besides you could always reload.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think there's a semiautomatic version available at all.   All select fire models, or so I gather.   Even the pistol.   If it's chambered for 5-7, it's full auto.  I think...

As for the round itself...unless there's a copyright/trademark/patent issue, somebody will eventually offer it in some other product.

The P90 is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Looks like one of those extended butane lighters with the "thumbhole stock" for lighting your grille.   Even Glocks look good compared to the P90.

CJ

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't those damn things have twenty round mags too.  I don't think they make ten rounders for that gun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The pistols are semi-automatic only. Yes they do have twenty round mags but they can always make 10 rounders.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The PD or dealer could sell the ammo too; if you could find one that would.  They make many different types and not all are considered to be AP by the ATF.  (Is the SS190 even considered to be AP?  How much steel is in the projectile compared to the amount of Al.?)  There is even a simi P90 that you could get if you paid the $200 for a SBR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top