Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 5:38:04 PM EDT
I am sure most, if not all of us have purchased a gun (or two) in our lifetime that we have seen others ridicule, dismiss and downplay.

Our own personal albatross around our necks.  As much as other hate them, we LOVE them!

My Albatross Rifle:  Daewoo DR200, a hybrid AK47-AR15-FAL.  Nothing but reliable, dependable, and super accurate main battle rifle.  I even think the thumbhole stock feels GREAT in my hand.  Spare parts hard to find...  who needs 'em?

My Albatross Pistol:  Sigma SW40C.  Great gun, hates flatnosed bullets.  Cheaper than a Glock, and fits my hand like a glove.  Accurate, accurate, accurate.

Got an albatross around your neck you want to defend?

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Been gone from the board for a while.  Got tired of ghosting.  Here's mine:

I owned an FEG (Hungarian) copy of a Walther PPK in .380 ACP.  I think I paid $159 for it brand new with and extra mag.  It shot like the dickens!  Sold it in a fit of lunacy to my buddy's dad who was looking for something smaller than a 4" .357 to carry.  Wish I had it back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Been gone from the board for a while.  Got tired of ghosting.  Here's mine:

I owned an FEG (Hungarian) copy of a Walther PPK in .380 ACP.  I think I paid $159 for it brand new with and extra mag.  It shot like the dickens!  Sold it in a fit of lunacy to my buddy's dad who was looking for something smaller than a 4" .357 to carry.  Wish I had it back.

Bersa .380 here.  Out shoots my buddies PPK all day, any day, and the price tag is sweeter still!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
bolt action 22lr winchester, everyone said it was heavy not a semi and couldn't mount a scope on it. it is plane jane and slightly ugly.  Now they know better, never fails and and will almost always put the whole tube into a pop can at 150 yards, its still all factory and older than me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Grendel P30 22 magnum 30rd magazine that fits flush with the bottom of the pistol grip.Put about 1000rds thru it,never skipped a beat.One time I was shhoting it and a gut said to me ,Hey does that thing ever run dry.Looks like a Buck Rogers space gun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Grendel P30 22 magnum 30rd magazine that fits flush with the bottom of the pistol grip.Put about 1000rds thru it,never skipped a beat.One time I was shhoting it and a gut said to me ,Hey does that thing ever run dry.Looks like a Buck Rogers space gun.

www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0600/670.htm

Weird looking gun, never seen/heard of one before.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a DR200 and I certainly don't consider it an albatross. It is a very reliable, accurate gun.  I've said many times that if I could get one with a 1/9 barrel and a flash hider I wouldn't own any ARs.

As to pistols, my first pistol was a Star Model 30PK.  An excellent 9mm that is very accurate and 100% reliable.  The only problem is that the aluminum frame doesn't wear well.  If I were to find a good deal on a Model 30 or 31 with a steel frame I'd buy it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a DR200 and I certainly don't consider it an albatross. It is a very reliable, accurate gun.  I've said many times that if I could get one with a 1/9 barrel and a flash hider I wouldn't own any ARs.

As soon as my budget allows, I will purchase anotehr DR200 in postban config.  I love them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top