Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 2:41:28 PM EDT
Just got mine in today, and I have it mounted on my Bushy M4 16".  

Question 1:  On the front of the mount, there's a screw with a hook-like piece of metal...it touches nothing.  What is it for?

Question 2:  The #38 is almost 1/2" off of the handguard towards the end...is this normal?  

These are standard bushmaster M4 handguards.  Is the #38S-EX designed to fit better with different handguards?  If so, which ones?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The metal tab in the front is to prevent twigs or brush from getting between the rail and the handgaurds.  I put a 38s-ex on my legp and had to shave the top handgaurd but it looks good and now I dont need that metal tab because there isn't really any clearance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Brouhaha, its for keepin debris,leaves etc... from entering under the rail.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Question 1:  On the front of the mount, there's a screw with a hook-like piece of metal...it touches nothing.  What is it for?

me think you have the hook-like piece of metal in reverse. the pointed part should be in the last hole on the handguard.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just note, that's the super EX #38.

All the nomenclature I've seen, including the A.R.M.S. website, calls it a #38S-EX.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top