Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2002 1:20:24 PM EDT
Now, I saw a FAC catalog at a dealer's shop that showed the Hesse Arms AR pistol.  I figure that the pic was the prototype since the description said it would have 'sights' (described like the ones on the original 1911, I thought).

Now, has anyone else seen this ad?  Any one call FAC on it's availability?  The ad said somewhere between 500-600 (dealer I assume).

So, is it actually available now or what?  Or is Hesse trying to drum up publicity while it's not available yet????

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i heard their still pissing around with the atf, or were not to long ago. can anyone provide a pic, i have wondered what this peice would look like.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
(SNIP)  can anyone provide a pic, i have wondered what this peice would look like.

mattsd,

The photo in the FAC catalog looked like the Professional Ordnace one.  Has the buffer tube, and exposed barrel and gas tube.  It's a flat top (which will have sites) and has a comp installed on the end of the 7.5" barrel.

Unfortunatly, the Hesse web site doesn't list the pistol in their 'new' stuff yet.  

If they're having trouble, does that mean it being in the FAC catalog means they were just hoping it'll be ready???? or is it ready?

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The photo in the FAC catalog looked like the Professional Ordnace one.  Has the buffer tube, and exposed barrel and gas tube.  It's a flat top (which will have sites) and has a comp installed on the end of the 7.5" barrel.

fwiw, unlike the professional ord. the heese is supposed to be 100% ar15. not a (not)carbon copy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fwiw, unlike the professional ord. the heese is supposed to be 100% ar15. not a (not)carbon copy.

That's right.  Suppose to be 100%.  Lets hope PO doesn't sue Hesse for 'copying' their look or something.  If the price is about 500-600, it'll force PO to lower their price, cutting profits.... and not make an AR pistol a 'rich person' toy.

(No offence to the well off people).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top