Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2002 11:08:42 AM EDT
Can someone tell me what types of optics were featured in that movie, specifically on the M4's?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The optics on the M4s were aimpoints. Comp Ms or some similar model.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Troy,
How does the Comp M2 measure up against the ELCAN or Trijicon scopes?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
ICBW, but I don't think the Aimpoint Comps were out yet in 1993. The previous version was the Aimpoint 5000. In the movie it looks like they used Aimpoint Comps, and I agree, they're the best reflex type sight available.

drjarhead, apples and oranges IMO. The ELCAN and the Trijicon ACOG are magnified scopes. The Trijicon Reflex sight is comparable but I think the Aimpoint Comp is a better choice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the info.  What's the best way to mount a Comp M2 to an A2 AR-15?  Where can I find the sight and mount for sale?  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top