Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2002 5:32:08 AM EDT
I just bought an accu-wedge and I can't figure out how to get the thing in. It didn't come with any instructions and the best I can tell by the picture is that it goes by the rear takedown pin. However, I can't possibly squeeze it down enough to push the pin through. It's too thick. What am I supposed to do with this thing?

littlemarine
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:40:58 AM EDT
It goes in below and behind the rear takedown pin- like a little chair- with the pin above. It should not be too hard to close the reciever and insert the pin... but will be a little tighter than before since that is the goal.

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:50:51 AM EDT
That's were I'm putting it but it's impossible for me to close it???
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:46:34 AM EDT
You may have to trim it.

Some brands of AR have what has called a "low shelf" where the area behind the take-down pin is milled to the same depth as in front and where the trigger components are.

My guess is you rifle has a "high shelf" and the area behind the pin is milled to about flush or so with the top of the pin.

A single edged razor works the best to trim the Accu-wedge. Just shorten it accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:46:57 AM EDT
I had the same problem with mine.I even trimmed it quite a bit and the halve still would not close.My quess was that it didn't need the Wedge and I threw it in a drawer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:41:24 AM EDT
As previously said, trim it with an Xacto knife or razor blade. My Colt needed no trimming but my Bushmaster did. My Wilson is so tight it would be pointless.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:06:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By littlemarine:
That's were I'm putting it but it's impossible for me to close it???

My armalites really didn`t need it......BUT I put it in ass backwards......and pushed down hard enough to take up all clearance.....try putting it in upside down...backwards......if you can`t.....good for you.........
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:22:58 PM EDT
Just trimmed it and got it to close. Sliced my thumb open but at least it fits
Thanks

littlemarine
Top Top