Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2002 5:22:31 AM EDT
I picked them up for $10 at a gunshow on Sunday and put them on my 24" bushmaster.  They really do give the AR-series its traditional "evil" appearance.  The question is, does anybody know of a quick methodd for tightening up their fit?  They don't fit as snugly as the OE A2 guards did.  I don't want to replace any parts on the rifle itself, so any mods should be to the triangular handguards themselves.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Did the triangles fit on the delta rings that came with your rifle? Been thinking on getting some, didn,t know if they would fit.
             Thanks, Parker2
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they fit.  They are just a little looser than I like them.  As I remember it, my M-16A1 (Army) and a Colt SP1 I owned had a little play in them, but not quite as much as these are exhibiting.  They are used surplus, so it may be that the "bearing surfaces" are worn from the original rifle they were on being stripped thousands of times by thousands of recruits.  Maybe I could build them up with epoxy or make some kind of shim...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I could build them up with epoxy or make some kind of shim...

That's just what I was thinking. Maybe try black electrical tape as a shim first...?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe shim it with some slender pieces of sticky Velcro?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top