Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 7:55:03 PM EDT
I once bought two consecutive serial numbered Auto-Ordnance M1 Tommy Guns.  One was perfect in every way and never failed to fire.  The other one came to me with a cracked foregrip, a scratched receiver and an uncanny ability to jam.

Anyone else have such experiences?

P.S. Don't get me started on my M1A!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought my M1A on Sept. 10th, took it to the range on the 12th, sent it back on the 13th. The thing came out of SA defective, bad barrell or something. Anyway, waited, and waited for my rifle, they kept telling me it was "being built", and then they told me it was ready. I called back in December, still no rifle, and they told me they were out of rifles, and I would have to wait. I told the lady, fine, just give me my money back, and I'll go buy another one from the dealer I bought the first one from, he has plenty. Imagine my surprise when they "miracilously" came up with a rifle. Got my new, new rifle in my hands, looked it over, and fornd there was no sling hardware on the front of the stock. SA's answer, "send it back, the whole rifle". Needless to say , I didn't send it back, and am now waiting for a correct stock, to the tune of a $221.00 security deposit to make sure they get their defective stock back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hands down the Browning BDM, When I went out to the range to shoot it, the thing shot three feet low at 25 feet. Needless to say I was on the phone to the boys in Utah about thirty minutes later and asked them WTF!. Turns out that there had been a silent recall of BDM's and they gave me the serial numbers. worse yet they informed me that it had the possibility of shooting out of battery and that I should send it back to the factory...like now. this on a $400+ BROWNING for gods sakes. Seems being the grand old firearms maker that they are, they just kind of forgot to tell the gun press about the recall.

I hate Bill Ruger, but at least when he shells a lemon out to the gun community, you see the recall ad in big glossy ads in several gun peridicles.

Which is more than I can say for brownings BDM.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
    I bought a real doozie of a pistol once.  It was a Kahr MK0 Elite with the high polish, high $ stainless finish.  I had heard that Thunder Ranch customized this pistol so I was about to send it in when I noticed some defects.  There was an air bubble in the metal around the mag well.  This was  a problem for me because I was going to have the mag well flared.  Also, I felt some play in the grips.  When I took them off, I discovered that excessive metal had been taken off and simply covered up by the grips. I could even see the swirl mark gouges were the smith fell asleep with the grinder.  
    Needless to say, I sent my brand new $780plus pistol back to Kahr after some major haggling.  They were not too happy about this and ensured me of the fact they only sold top quality products.  Well 4 weeks later I received my new pistol.  
    This on seemed like it was milled out with a chainsaw.  Various gouges could be seem every where from under the bead blasting.  The worst part was that the left side of the reciever was knife's edge thin while the right side was more than twice as thick.  Whomever made me this new pistol made sure I knew of his disapproval.  I called Kahr again but got stonewalled on the second attempt to correct this situation.
    I ended up selling the gun back to the dealer where I bought it without even firing it.  Now some other poor SAp is sporting one of Kahr's finest.  It's sad to see a company so full of themselves that they won't take the time to listen to their paying customer's greivances.  Yes Kahr Arms, you are still number one in my book.  To you I give the one finger salute. Thanks for the customer "service."
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Two words.......SPECIAL WEAPONS
Or more appropriately, spastic weapons. The origional toddco jam-o-matic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top