Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2002 11:09:03 AM EDT
I have an early "pre-ban" Bushmaster M17S. I understand that Bushmaster will provide "upgrades" to the rifle for $100 (plus shipping).After placing a post in the "Bushmaster Industry Forum", I now have a better understanding of what the upgrades are.

My question:
Has anyone here had the "upgrades" performed on their M17S rifles, and, if so, do you think they are worth having done? I'm torn between getting them, and keeping the rifle original.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:21:17 PM EDT
If it keeps your gun from blowing up I'd do it. Type in M-17, or bullpup on the search page, a few months ago somebody had a pre-ban blow a wad on the. I think it was in the BM industry forum.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:55:16 AM EDT
I have read all the threads, and while that M17 did have a catastrophic event, it may have been an ammo issue.(Heck, I've seen pictures of blown -up AR15s as well). If it was a safety issue in design, Bushmaster would have to have a full recall due to liability a standpoint. Apparently, the "upgrades" are niceties and not a "must have". I'm just wondering from other M17 owner perspectives if the $100 for the upgraded niceties are worth it.
Top Top