Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2002 10:41:22 AM EDT
Hey Everyone-

Well I have not posted here is a long, long time (been buying HK's and AK's but now I have started a new AR project and need some advice (and I always got good advice from here in the past).

I have already purchased an ASA upper (20" bull barrel/ported and fluted...yes I've heard some bad things about ASA but I have the upper and it looks great...hopefully it cycles OK)

My question concerns installing a Jewell Trigger...is this something I can perform myself?  I like to think that I know more than the average guy about guns; however I have never built-up a stripped lower or anything like that.

Will this be too difficult for me?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Fairly easy installation, comes with simple instructions and there are some additional instructions around here, sorry can't remember which site, believe it's linked.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased a jewell trigger not too long ago.  I put it in myself without too much trouble.  

I set it too light and the bolt doesn't reload a new round so I still gotta get in there and fix that.  There seems to be a great deal of play in this trigger so you really have to tweak it to fit your rifle.  Would anyone else agree?

But my issues aside, you can do it yourself.  I don't have it with me but later tonight I'll post a link with step by step instructions with pictures...sit tight I'll get em for ya.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top