Whats it take to get one?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea of how much it runs?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one prior to Lloyd Bensten deciding we were the source of all the ilegal firearms on the street. My friend kept his a short time after. It ran him about $450 a year after all the local and fed fees.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...In the PRK, you additionally need to have another permit (I forget what it's called) and be listed as a gun dealer by the state additional yearly fees in both cases)...

That would be a COE (certificate of eligibility). Without that dealers can't conduct business. A friend of mine who has an FFL had to pay for three separate background checks, one federal, one state, and one local, in addition to other federal, state, and local fees. He thought about quitting his Caliban business and just keeping his FFL for when he moves out of state, but he decided to keep it up because once you give it up it's expensive to get back. The initial fees are high, but the renewals are relatively reasonable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top