Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/19/2002 7:07:16 AM EDT
A local FFL has a $995.00 Pre ban carbine. 16 inch bbl. Collapsable stock. Aluminum handguard. Is this a good deal? How good is PWA?
Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:39:24 AM EDT
I have never owned PWA, but from what I've heard about them from this board, I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Condition is everything, so as long as its in pretty good shape, I would purchase it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:48:19 AM EDT
Buy It! My first AR is built on a PWA lower and I have not had one bit of trouble with it.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:59:02 PM EDT
Ditto. My pre-ban PWA is every bit as good in fit, finish, and function, as any AR15 I have ever owned. I'll never sell mine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2002 1:04:03 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
They aren't in business anymore.

Break the lower and it can't be legally replaced like a Colt, Bushie, etc....

You would have to buy another preban
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:15:28 PM EDT
Good point

I'm not gonna can on PWA but, personally I would hold the cash for a bushy or colt pre-ban lower and then throw on the bushy pre-ban upper config of your choice. You'll have more $$ invested but hey I would be much happier with the end product.

On a side note:
The last gun show I was at, I was chatting with a guy who built AR uppers. Another guy walked up to his table with a complete AR and asked the guy I was chatting with if he knew if the PWA lower on his AR was of preban. He wanted to know because he wanted to be able to put a tele-stock on it. I eyed up the gun and noticed the flash-hider and bayonette lug on the upper.

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:21:35 PM EDT
Check the main site to be sure its a genuine pre-ban as PWAs could be pre or post-ban. All PWAs were sold as stripped receivers and built up from parts kits. You'll have to determine if the quality of the parts and expertise of the builder is worth $995.

I've built many ARs and PWA are my preferred receiver bacause the pin holes are in the correct position and they went together very easily (no hand fitting needed). I can't say the same for Bushmasters, Armalites (Eagle Arms), Olympic or Essential Arms - they all had troubles that required hand-fitting parts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:07:56 PM EDT
never mind, its sold. <kicking myself in the ass>
Top Top