Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 7:07:16 AM EDT
A local FFL has a $995.00 Pre ban carbine. 16 inch bbl. Collapsable stock. Aluminum handguard.  Is this a good deal? How good is PWA?
Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never owned PWA, but from what I've heard about them from this board, I would take that deal in a heartbeat.  Condition is everything, so as long as its in pretty good shape, I would purchase it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy It!  My first AR is built on a PWA lower and I have not had one bit of trouble with it.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto. My pre-ban PWA is every bit as good in fit, finish, and function, as any AR15 I have ever owned. I'll never sell mine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
They aren't in business anymore.

Break the lower and it can't be legally replaced like a Colt, Bushie, etc....

You would have to buy another preban
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point

I'm not gonna can on PWA but, personally I would hold the cash for a bushy or colt pre-ban lower and then throw on the bushy pre-ban upper config of your choice. You'll have more $$ invested but hey I would be much happier with the end product.

On a side note:
The last gun show I was at, I was chatting with a guy who built AR uppers. Another guy walked up to his table with a complete AR and asked the guy I was chatting with if he knew if the PWA lower on his AR was of preban. He wanted to know because he wanted to be able to put a tele-stock on it.  I eyed up the gun and noticed the flash-hider and bayonette lug on the upper.

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Check the main site to be sure its a genuine pre-ban as PWAs could be pre or post-ban. All PWAs were sold as stripped receivers and built up from parts kits. You'll have to determine if the quality of the parts and expertise of the builder is worth $995.

I've built many ARs and PWA are my preferred receiver bacause the pin holes are in the correct position and they went together very easily (no hand fitting needed). I can't say the same for Bushmasters, Armalites (Eagle Arms), Olympic or Essential Arms - they all had troubles that required hand-fitting parts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
never mind, its sold. <kicking myself in the ass>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top