Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 4:31:29 PM EDT
Just got my K-var polymer furniture sets in.

It took a little filing/dremel work on the MAK, but it slipped right on the SAR-1.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Very sweet.  US or Bulgarian?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
EVIL.....just so evil.......shame-shame...
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
US made.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet. Both of my AK variants have the Bulgarian furniture. Ya gotta love it!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
NICE!

I've been thinking of ordering one of those stock sets for my SAR-1, but have been stuck on whether to spend that money to buy one of the 5.45 AK-74's.

Though, I know I'll probably end up ordering one for a 5.45 anyway.

Anyway, it's cool K-VAR has US made ones for a decent price.

Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice.
My SAR-1 is rigged out like that.
I had to dremmel the stock just a tad for the fit but it wasn't an issue.
I also lightly sanded mine and baked on Brownells teflon/moly.
That was definately a noticable improvement on mine.
Worth every bit of a temporaly pissed off wife.
Your pic makes me want to take mine out and shoot it.
Andy
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks good, whats your opinion on the polymer mags?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, K-var has them for $9.99 so the price is right.

They are lighter.  I'll give them that.  However, they dont fit as well standard steel Bulgarians.  I like them ok, and they look cool, but I like the steel ones better I think.  Fit is very important to me, from an ease of insertion and removal, and I didn't like these as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have heard from a couple of others that the fit on these was questionable at times, but some have said that the weight and no-rust was what made them better. I think fit is more important myself and since I picked up the steel ones when they were $6 a piece several months ago, I didn't really think I needed to try the polymer ones at the time. Maybe one day anyway. Again nice looking rifles.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
FALARAK,
Got a pair identical to yours.

I really like the polymer mags alot, myself. Fit great in both rifles. Magua Industries has the bulg poly waffles for $9.50 if you buy 10. They've got Bulg steel 30's for $6.50 if you buy both. Very nice mags in both cases. I bought quite a few.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top