Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2002 6:44:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You mist be talking about the newer stainless slides?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Older-model SIG slides, like on the P226, P220 and P228 (among others) were made with a stamped and welded carbon steel slide with the breech block pinned in place.  The newer series (P226 and P229) are made with a solid piece of stainless steel billet that is milled into shape.

That said, I believe you're talking about the newer SIGs, and I haven't seen anybody bead blast back to pure stainless.  But, I'm sure it can be done without too much work.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, to answer your question.  Yes, it looks the same as the two-tone.  The two-tone guns had a couple of other parts that were either nickel or otherwise "silver" looking, so it doesn't look EXACTLY like a two-tone factory gun.  

The gun did look good.  It was on a gun we got in on trade that had the slide scratched up. We blasted it to refinish it, and it looked so good just matte stainless two-tone, we left it like that and sold it.  And NO, we did not sell it as a two-tone.  We sold it as a P229 with the slide beadblasted.  

Ross
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top