Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2001 7:59:43 PM EDT
After reading some posts about refinishing magazines with "Permasilk G" or other brand of moly dry lube I decided to try it for myself.  I called Neely as reccomended by another member becuase they are located about 2 miles from my home but after 3 phone calls were not returned I went elsewhere.  Today at work on a whim I picked up the WW Grainger catalog and lo and behold they sell several brands of this product in a range of prices.  I went by after work and purchased the cheapest brand as an experiment.  It is CRC Industiral Moly Lube.  The 11 oz. can cost me $4.76.  I just got done putting the second coat on a really crude looking old GI mag and so far I am pleased with the resulting finish.  The color is not true to the original GI color it is more olive drab than gray but the coverage and quality is perfect.  They stock 3 other brands that I may try when this supply runs out but for now I am quite pleased.  This product can be purchased from www.grainger.com but you must have an account with them (they only sell to registered buisnesses).  If anyone might be interested in getting a can of this product I would be happy to help out.  You may send me a private e-mail and I will try to help ya out, I'll also send pics of the refinished mag next to a fresh GI mag so you can see if you like the color.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the "Sprayon" brand S00200 Dry Moly Lube also from Grainger at about the same price. Comes in an 11oz "spray paint" can.

Works well on mags and dries to a dark grey finish.

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to get a can of that.  Any idea where?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Marvl, if you access to someone with a Grainger account you can order from there.  I don't know of anywhere else that sells it that cheap.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
ANYONE can sign up on Grainger.com.  I did last night.  Give them your name, address, etc, and thats all you need to do.  It will create an account for you, that lets you ship direct or will call with a credit card.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow Grainger used to be strictly business to business sales only.  I know that different accounts get different prices though, my company gets about 20% off the cataloged prices.  My best friends small company hardly gets any price break.  

I just did an old CZ-75 mag inside and out and it came out super new looking...
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, you do have to give them a business name.  I made one up.  :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top