Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 4:51:15 PM EDT
I have noticed that I have several deep scratches on my buffer right behind the pin that holds it in. I am also currently experiencing feeding problems that involves the rounds not feeding from the left side of the mag. is it possible that the two are somehow related?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What you are describing sounds like normal wear to me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I would agree, however it's never been fired- just cycled by hand.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How sure are you that it has never
been fired???

I think the evidence speaks for itself.. those scratches (dig marks) occured during firing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm sure it was test
fired at the factory.

I'll say that
a scratch on the buffer
has nothing to do with
your feed problem....if you really have
one.

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have noticed that I have several deep scratches on my buffer right behind the pin that holds it in. I am also currently experiencing feeding problems that involves the rounds not feeding from the left side of the mag. is it possible that the two are somehow related?

Doesn't sound like they are related.  Don't know abouot the buffer. But I would try another magazine, sounds like you got a bad one.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How sure are you that it has never
been fired???

I think the evidence speaks for itself.. those scratches (dig marks) occured during firing.

Hmmm, let me think... Maybe because I bought it BRAND NEW as a lower receiver ONLY!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I'm sure it was test
fired at the factory.

I'll say that
a scratch on the buffer
has nothing to do with
your feed problem....if you really have
one.

No it wasn't test fired at the factory because i bought it brand new as a lower receiver only. And yes I do have a feeding problem, just check my "feeding problem" posts!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top